Bayformer Fan Watches Transformers: Robots in Disguise [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, Razorpaw. Quite the Decepticon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer Bayfomer Fan

Brainpower

This episode is a nice change of pace from the previous two and I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Grimlock getting his own episode was awesome and he reminded me a lot of Billy from the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers when his brain got zapped with all the knowledge and information. Specifically his vocabulary.

I really like the way they played him out while super smart and the explanation of his instincts being overwritten during the process was a nice touch.

I kind of feel like the Decepticon that was introduced at the very beginning of the episode was wasted. What exactly was that little guy doing there and why was his special ability just a flash of light? I guess with the previous reveal of an army of Decepticons rallying together, we've got an excuse for way more cannon fodder than usual.

Simacore and his two minicons were pretty nice additions to the villainous roster as well and I'll admit I was hoping they'd end up escaping and become a part of the New Brotherhood of Evil Badbots.

I won't pretend to understand Grimlock's last line to Simacore though. What's black, blue and red all over? I guess like... he was going to smash him making him black and blue and red all over but bots don't bleed... or bruise... or... well, you get my point.

Either way, this episode was fun and I really loved Grimlock's performance.

EDIT: OH! I forgot to give a shout out to the wonderful reference to Bulkhead in Prime from Bee in this episode! It can be easy to forget these shows are in the same continuity sometimes.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    In regards to Brainpower, I have some comments on this one:

- Firstly I believe this is the first time in the series Bumblebee has actually referenced an event from TFP, though he doesn’t say Bulkhead’s name...

- I also forgot to mention that this isn’t the first time Grimlock became a super-genius. Remember the good old days of the G1 Blog? Remember when he became smart and built the Technobots?

- Grimlock Episodes are always a treat to watch, because let’s be honest, he’s adorable.

- Something I did want to point out was when Grimlock was answering the questions on the test, his answer wasn’t wrong... yes it wasn’t the answer they were looking for, but it was still nonetheless correct, I thought that was just something to note. Along with when he answered Simacore’s answer, his answer wasn’t wrong there either.

- Did the Mini-Cons voices sound familiar? They should, Jeff Bennett voiced them. Jeff voiced many characters in TFA like Prowl, Ultra Magnus, Soundwave and Mixmaster. One of them even sounded identical to Prowl.

- Next Episode has major plot developments and is arguably one of the best episodes of the Season. I can also reveal that thing I mentioned near the beginning of the season.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Star Seeker

I really enjoyed this episode. Simacore and his minicon's were great additions to the show. You can see he's a heavily retooled Groundpounder but still manages to stand on his own visually.

I don't get the point of the brown Airrazor either.

This is TMI and take two of Grimlock's new brain. We've see this kind of plot before but it's still enjoyable. Finally a reference to Prime. If you're lucky that might not be the last one.

I don't really get Grimlock's riddle either, especially considering Simacore is already two of those colors by default. Not quite sure what you mean by bots not bleeding because plenty of shows and the movies have made them bleed.

We got official confirmation from Simacore that Underbite really did eat Nuon city. That in itself opens up a can worms as to how he actually pulled it off. Did he do it during the war when nobody was around to stop him? Was the opposition really weak or was he really strong? Did he eat just a small part at a time and nobody noticed? Was it a small city? Did nobody care? Or was Cybertronian law enforcement and
    Dropforge
    that incompetent? We'll never know.

Oh boy next episode is fantastic, easily one of the best of the season and the show as a whole.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CaptainSlayer

I, unfortunately, did not recognize their voices. Not as a Transformer VA anyway - the voice itself sounded very familiar but I thought one of them sounded like that one cave man guy from Freakazoid.

Good, I look forward to it. :) 

I'll be sure to keep my eye open for more references :) 

I didn't even notice he had the same model as Groundpounder but just looked up pictures of both of them and you're absolutely right!

You've both got me excited for the next episode! :) 

6. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    The Dark Red Airazor’s name is Torpor. At least he got a name.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CaptainSlayer

Also, I meant to mention this earlier but they 'leak', not really bleed since they don't have blood though I guess oil can have a similar color.

8. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Correct. They leak Energon, and that was prominent in Prime and... I’ll comment on this topic next blog after I just realized something. The timing of these discussions amaze me. Shadow will know what I mean.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shadowwavepool7

Oh yeah Sean the timing could not be more perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CaptainSlayer

Misdirection

I came into this episode with high expectations due to forum goers hyping it up and I'm still very happy with the episode.

----

As I finished writing that line yesterday, my wife came into my room and asked me to come check on our dog Nikki as she was acting very strange. When I got out in the living room Nikki, our sixteen year old Jack Russel terrier, who had her eye removed during the G1 blog (thank you all for your support there), was laying on her bed with her head hanging off to the floor with labored breathing and the occasional whine.

Our vet closed just as this happened and the nearest vet was 30 minutes away. We rushed there and during the ride, Nikki had her second seizure after vomiting in the car. As she siezed, she yelped and cried for ten to fifteen seconds... the entire ride I was in a panic, shaking like a leaf and hyperventilating.

Nikki has been diagnosed with heart disease and had a heart murmur that was quite severe. We'd planned to put her down in early February but our vet informed us that she didn't think it was time. When we arrived at the emergency clinic, they told us that she had crackling in the lungs and a growth on her spleen. They provided us with a quote for blood work and x-rays to try and see what was going on but my wife and I agreed that it was time to let her go.

Yesterday, my wife and I said goodbye to our best friend. A Christmas present to my wife when she was 10 years old, Nikki was around to see her learn to drive, meet me, graduate high school, get her first job, get married and so much more.

We've been together for ten years, so I watched Nikki grow from a silly pup to an old girl who was still a hyper mess every time it was time to eat - including just an hour before this happened.

From 7 PM - 9 PM ET, we found her struggling, rushed her to the vet, put her down and as cliche as it sounds - saw a shooting star on our way home - a sight we took as a sign that we'd done the right thing.

Below is the last picture of our baby. Taken just a few minutes before her euthanasia... you can see the IV ready in her leg.

The entire process was painless for her and took under a minute to complete. We're both hurting. Telling all of you this is one of the only ways I can think to help cope with the loss. Neither of us have ever had to help an animal pass... life moves fast and you can't plan everything. Love what you have today, it may not be here tomorrow...

[​IMG]

----​

My memory is a little fuzzy after everything but let's talk about yesterday's episode.

Misdirection was a wonderful episode that followed it's title name phenomenally. When Steeljaw showed up at the Autobot base, I genuinely thought he had tried to cross Scorponok and the others and was coming to team up with the Autobots to get help both medically and physically. I had no idea what his true intentions were and even when Bumblebee was realizing what happened, I was still in the dark.

The characters Steeljaw opted to release makes me so happy. Bisk and Clampdown being particular highlights though Bisk more so as he was my first favorite in the series and I really hope to get some more time with him during this season.

It's good to know that Scorponok thinks Crazybolt and Slicedice are just as annoying as I do and you'll hear no complaints for me over the duo being captured by the Autobots but I am quite surprised that Scorponok was taken out of the game so early.

That was a bold move that I didn't see coming but definitely strengthened my respect for Steeljaw who is proving to be one of the smartest and most cunning Decepticons in Transformers history. I really like the slow build up we're getting to him being a proper villainous player in the game and much like Beast Machines Megatron, I can see his end goal and relate to it. Unlike BM Megatron, I don't find myself siding with him, but it's nice to see his goal and understand it. It's not just "I want to destroy the world! Chaos! HAHAHA!" He wants to build a literal utopia for Decepticons. Perhaps it's because it reminds me of Magneto when he founded Genosha in the X-Men comics for all mutants to live freely - but I can dig it.

This episode had some very cool special effects in the animation as well with Bumblebee being heated up sticking out the most. I expected him to just come out the other side as yellow as always, which he did after a few seconds, but the discoloration made it look like he was seconds away from being candidate to forge a new weapon.

Which reminds me that I'd like to give kudos to Bumblebee and Grimlock for being able to handle all those cons without much of a problem. Primarily, I feel like Bumblebee's combat really shined in this scenario and showed that after all he's been through, this little bot is a formidable foe.

The same can be said for Strongarm who single-handedly took on Steeljaw and totally would have won if he hadn't pulled that shield thing on Russel, Denny and Fixit.

I still feel like there's so much to talk about in this episode and I'm confident in saying I agree with others who are saying it's one of the best in the series because I feel like it's the best I've seen thus far.

Seeing Glowstrike examine Clampdown is probably one of my favorite scenes out of all the Transformers I've ever watched.

So, with that said, without spoilers to future episodes - why do you guys think Steeljaw picked who he did? A few picks surprised me such as Quillfire and Springload. Maybe he was going for those with the most power? If so, why did he grab Clampdown and not Terrashock or Chopshop?

Thanks everyone for reading and I look forward to seeing your replies. <3

• Like Like x 8
  11. Shadowwavepool7

I can't post my response right now but when I get back I have a lot to say in which most of it is Steeljaw. I have a few theories and a few answers which are more simple than we think.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    - Okay I’ve been waiting patiently to reveal something and now I can. If you paid close attention to the opening since the beginning of the season, you would notice that there’s a clip of Bumblebee fighting Bisk! Yeah there was a major spoiler most noticed right when the first episode aired but I’m glad you missed it otherwise it could have spoiled the breakout (the trailer also spoiled the jailbreak but you don’t want the trailers so that’s not really important here).

- Secondly, the discussion from yesterday about leaking Energon, Steeljaw was leaking Energon and I believe this is the first time we’ve seen it in this show.

- Steeljaw’s plan was downright diabolical. He cut himself in order to bleed to fool the Bee Team into believing Scorponok betrayed him and wounded him in order to get into the Scrapyard to free more Decepticons. That’s some serious commitment!

- Scorponok, Crazybolt, Slicedice, Bludgeon and Clout have all been captured, but Glowstrike and Saberhorn have new associates thanks to Steeljaw.

- Strongarm and Steeljaw’s fight showed us how much Strongarm has grown since Steeljaw beat her all the way back in “Trust Exercises.”

- Just in case you missed some, the list of jailbroken Decepticons are: Bisk, Springload, Thunderhoof, Clampdown, Quillfire, Groundpounder and Overload.

I’m really sorry to hear about your dog being put down. My condolences go out to you and your family, and try to take comfort in knowing that he is no longer suffering.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

I'm so sorry to hear about Nikki. I know exactly how you and your wife feel. My mother and I had our dog, Simon, put down some time ago (I don't remember exactly how long it's been, maybe more than a year). She took it a lot harder than I did, but we were both sad to see him go. And before that, one of our cats, Twinkie, was hit by a car after running outside, which was also very upsetting for us.

We're hoping that our oldest cat, Spots, will be around for at least a few more years. We've had her a lot longer than any of our other pets (she's nearly as old as my sister, who will be turning 19 in a few months), so losing her would be the hardest. Thankfully, despite her old age, Spots isn't showing any signs that her time is coming anytime soon, so we probably won't be going through another loss just yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my condolences for your dear dog captain. I have lost a few myself and it is hard to get through, but less so when you know they aren't in pain anymore.

this is a great episode that really sets a new pace for this season. as for your question about why he got the cons he did, obviously his plan was likely to free all of the prisoners but he didn't get the chance to. also, it is from a marketing stand point because all those freed cons are the ones that actually have toys of them, see what they did there :) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shadowwavepool7

So this episode was just incredible from start to finish. Scorponok was a badass, but unfortunately for him somebody had to take the fall. Taking out Glowstrike would've been too risky a play because she is the leader and I doubt all the other prisoners that don't know Steeljaw would ever follow him, and plus with Saberhorn there he would've lost that fight for sure. As for Saberhorn he's too good a fighter so there would be a chance the plan would backfire if he was able to beat Crazybolt before Bumblebee could beat them both.

I'd say Scorponok got the short end of the stick for three key reasons. The first being that he is the least capable in combat despite proving himself a formidable threat. Second is his aggressive personality. You saw how he treated Kickback and Crazybolt, so Steeljaw carefully crafted the idea that he was an impulsive wildcard. Out of the three his betrayal sounds the most likely, which explains why Glowstrike and Saberhorn believed it so easily. Perhaps most importantly is that out of his little trio he is the only one that can't fly just in case things go south. I don't see any scorpions breaking speed records so it makes him easy to detain.

BY the way Scorponok and Crazybolt's reaction to the magic trick was priceless!

So lets talk Steeljaw, the king of cunning. THAT is how you make a play (Animated Megatron should take some notes) He injured himself just to get in close and break out a bunch of prisoners. Well what do you know, they do leak after all :)  They brought back his subsonics from season one, and it's great to see what most of us considered a one off gag to be consistent throughout the show. He pretty much freed half of the prisoners in one fell swoop, and gets away with it! I demand Steeljaw become the next hall of fame winner or I riot.

I had one small nitpick when Strongarm and Steeljaw were fighting. Why did they do that whole animation style when he was just a few feet away from her? It made it dragon longer than it needed to be and looked really cheap in the process.

The fight between Bumblebee, Grimlock, Crazybolt, and Scorponok was well done, and the danger felt way more authentic compared to past episodes. Crazybolt's fire did some real damage to Bumblebee, and Scorponok was able to slap Grimlock of all bots around. So happy to find a version of him that can actually do something outside of the movies.

Everyone released was a pretty fair list outside of Imposterload. I wish he stayed in stasis. Thunderhoof and Clampdown were must haves no matter what. Clampdown's claw are useful, and there might be another reason that I'll talk about in a future episode. It's a real blink and you miss it moment. I was surprised they brought out Bisk, Groundpounder, and Springload, but I'm happy that they did. You would want guys like Springload and Quillfire because the best teams have funny people to boost morale. Also consider Springload's acidic skin, Quillfire's quills, Thunderhoof strength, Imposterload, Groundpounder, and Bisk's combat skills and that powerful beam Bisk has. When you look at it, this is a pretty solid lineup that has actual logic behind it. Now personally I would've loved to have seen a certain snake train scientist, a Decepticon Dinobot, and a vampire bat set free as well but I'll take what I can get.

As to why he didn't get someone like Terrashock, Chop Shop, or Underbite is a much easier question to answer than you think. Having another Chompazoid when there are already some back at the ship would be redundant, and since they constantly need to consume metal they're the anchors that weight their team down. Terrashock is just stupid. He can barely think and he's claustrophobic. Having him being more animalistic than the other cons makes him too hard to control. As for Chop Shop, his motives completely contradicts Steeljaw's. He doesn't care about the utopia, he just wants to leave as soon as possible. Groundpounder has strength, is a capable fighter, and actually knows his left from his right. But the most likely reason is because everyone there had toys released.

So now that leaves Scorponok, Crazybolt, and Slicedice finally defeated, but the cost is far greater. Steeljaw has his army, and there's no telling what his next move will be. Something tells me Glowstrike and Saberhorn better be careful. The next episode while obviously not as good still manages to be a really strong one with one of the most memorable fights as far as visuals go.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    The next episode is a joyful episode. I remember enjoying a lot out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CaptainSlayer

I didn't notice Bisk at all and am a bit upset at myself for it. Like, I'm glad I got the big surprise but man, I've got to pay closer attention!

I'm with you - I think it is the first time. But energon is more like oil than blood, so I call it leaking rather than bleeding but I guess since the bots will die without it, it can go either way!

Agreed. Most cunning Decepticon I've seen - to that extent.

I'm alright with this (assuming Bludgeon and Clout are Scorponok's minicons). I'm pretty fond of the "old" cast, so a blend of both is nice to see.

Memory is a little foggy, I don't remember Steeljaw and Strongarm fighting one on one. Duster brain, I s'pose!

I like a lot of those characters. My least favorite probably being Quillfire, though I don't dislike him. If I had to rank them from favorite to least favorite:

1. Bisk/Clampdown
    2. Springload
    3. Thunderhoof
    4. Ground Pounder
    5. Overload
    6. Quillfire

Once again, I don't dislike any of them.

Thanks for the kind words, Sean. They're always appreciated. It's been rough and easy at the same time. Hard to explain but she's home now (ashes in a beautiful box) and things are more comforting.

Thank you, Barricade. The sentiment is returned with your lost companions. They're much more family than pets to a lot of us and losing one can be just as hard. In fact, I've lost actual family that hurt less...

The thing that was the most confusing about Nikki is that she was being a puppy just an hour before we found her - she'd been sprinting around the house, ate all of her food and was just super happy. I don't tell you that to scare you about Spots, but just to put our confusion into perspective.

Life happens fast, enjoy every moment and never sweat the small stuff.

Thanks Nova. Knowing that she doesn't have to suffer any more pain has actually been the primary factor in the healing process thus far. It's good to know that she's better now.

There's a Bisk toy!??!

Wow, Shadow. They should give you a forum award called 'analyst' or something! You've got a talent for breaking things down into easy to understand pieces and I agree with your points, particularly those about why he left the prisoners I mentioned in stasis!

Also, I hadn't though about the reason he picked Scorponok over the others.... Man, you just... wow, haha awesome job!

Well, I'm about to give it a view so let's hope you're right. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. CaptainSlayer

Bumblebee's Night Off

This episode is visually stunning. From the opening scene with the neon glow of Strongarm's armor and the beautiful cityscape in the background to the final three dimensional fight between Bumblebee and Bisk with the bright lights - this episode ROCKED.

Springload looks so good in the moonlight, as did all three of the bots. The story was interesting from the start and the lead up to the knock off Kiss concert was extremely relatable as I really enjoy going to shows.

Anvil and Hammer are two pretty dorky minicons who I imagine Bisk got stuck with after joining the new team and they really just reminded me of a pair of kittens with the way they were swiping at the sound boards cables.

All-in-all, there isn't too much to discuss about this episode except for that fact that it was one of the most fun in the series thus far and WAS the most visually impressive up until this point.

I'll admit that I'm sad that Bisk is already going back into stasis but this episode made up for any 'minor' appearances he could have had as a background character in other episodes.

Also, I managed to catch the scene with Bumblebee and him fighting in the opening this time around by really paying attention and I'm actually happy that I didn't notice it before hand - what a wonderful surprise.

I have a feeling this will end up in my top five when the closing of this blog rolls around. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  19. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    - This episode was great!

- Honestly, it was nice to see Bumblebee have fun again, haven’t seen that in a while. Especially seeing him jam out to music.

- Bumblebee shot Grimlock, he almost killed Grimlock... I’ll let that speak for itself. Did we ever have an Autobot shoot another Autobot in Prime?

- Since the band Rear Axle is still alive and touring, and since we know Bumblbeee said he was a fan of them when he came to Earth, that hopefully shows that the age gap between the shows is not that large.

- Bumblebee and Bisk’s fight was great, nothing else I can really say about that.

- Next episode is an interesting for sure, nothing major really, but then episode 10... I’ll leave it at that.

- Oh this was a great episode Captain, but there are even better ones to come!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh yeah :) 
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1