Bayformer Fan Watches Transformers: Prime [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Jul 5, 2017.

1. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer Bayfomer Fan

I agree. I think it's still my favorite out of those I've seen so far. Also, HI METRO! :D 

I think Drift had like two lines and Crosshairs had one... then he fought with Bee... I seriously hate how they try to make humor out of the Autobots just being brats to each other.

I have not. However, my wife just showed me one of Daft Punk's movies that I can't remember off the top of my head and it was this super artsy thing with the guys trying to become human. I'm sure it can't be slower than that.

2. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Hello. Hopefully you enjoy the series. For the most part I liked it. There are some fantastic stuff throughout the series.

There are some that completely disagree, but Miko was wonderful. She's so full of drive and energy.

3. CaptainSlayer

Convoy

Why didn't those guys go for Agent Fowler after they shot him down? The guy was literally a sitting duck with nuclear cargo in the back of his jet. With all the guys they had they could have easily taken him out and obtained the package... But I digress.

Today's episode reminded me of the first Fast and the Furious film as well as Mad Max: Fury Road which I had just watched for the first time this weekend. The introduction of human villains is a welcome one from me and them being an organization of sorts is a much different feeling than the comedic characters from Animated and their league of extraordinary bad villains.

This also marks the first time the Autobots have made themselves known to humans outside of the kids. I have to admit that I loved Bumblebee's boxing style; "Float like a butterfly, Sting like a bee".

I am curious though, why did that train have soldiers on it? How did the Autobots know it was a military train? Why didn't the soldier freak the hell out when he saw Bumblebee? Was that all part of the plan in the first place? Was that the destination? If so, how did they expect Fowler to deliver the bomb to the train from a fighter jet?

Over all, there isn't a lot to say about today's episode. A new character was introduced and since he wasn't a robotic villain, he managed to survive until the end. I'm willing to learn more about the mercenary footclan before I make a judgment call on them but I wish Soundwave or Starscream himself would have shown up to the fight to give a proper show to our new guests.

Oh, that reminds me, the army respected Starscream again and actually referred to him as master this time around. That gets brownie points.

Thank you all for reading, if you enjoy what I'm doing give that little thumbs up a click. There's absolutely no reason other than I love watching the number go up beside my profile.

Also, I accidentally deleted my Cuphead avatar today thinking the site still had it's default ones... Anyone want to find me a Prime avatar to use for now? <3

See you all Friday for our next episode!

• Like Like x 12
  4. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well I did Google search avatars for you, but I really do want you get spoiled by some of the images, so good luck on getting a new avatar.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Found you!

I do think that this show, Season 1 in particular, is one of the best offerings of the franchise. This will be a fun retrospective.

As for an Avatar, as a fan of Starscream you may consider the Screamer in his natural habitat:
    [​IMG]
    Fear.

• Like Like x 2
  6. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    I think it's supposed to be implied that after Fowler crashed, the train was plan B to deliver the device. It looks like a standard freight train so it wouldn't draw too much attention (and it does work for a bit since Sylas followed the Autobots at first). I think it was mentioned before that Fowler is like the middle man between the Autobots and the government, so it's not too far fetched that a few military personnel know of their existence.

This isn't my favorite episode, especially in Season 1, but Prime overall is one of my favorite TF shows so I hope you continue to enjoy it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Even after not seeing this episode for years (I just rewatched it this past week), I STILL remember the gorgeous fight scenes and chase scenes from this one. I absolutely love this episode and feel it was a sign of things to come for the first season of Prime. Optimus linking up with his trailer was aces.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CaptainSlayer

You DO want me to get spoilers!? Teasing, I've glanced over google image for prime stuff but always used keywords like Optimus or Megatron and so far no spoilers but good point.

Hey Wumbo! I love it. Done :) 

Yeah, it wasn't the 'prime' example of the show that I'd show off to someone. Huh? Huh?! *winkwinknudgenudge*

But that makes sense and is what I figured but I was hoping an official answer was available.

It was very Mad Max/FATF-ey and that's a good thing!

• Like Like x 2
  9. CaptainSlayer

Deus ex Machina

Well, I planned to open up today's blog with high praise for one of the two new Decepticons. I wanted to go into detail of why he was so wonderful compared to his sniper faced counterpart but after pulling up the Transformers Wiki to double check myself it appears I misheard Knock Out as Lockout. Oh well.

For the Miko fans reading this, rejoice. Originally my least favorite of the three kids, the girl has grown on me more and more each time the show expresses the relationship between her and Bulkhead. Today's episode erased all doubt in my mind that she was going to revert back to the cringefest I witnessed in the miniseries. That's not to say I like the other two less now, in fact, they're all pretty much on a level playing field.

That said, I do wish an episode would come by that focuses more on Bumblebee and Raph. I know it's still very early in the series but it seems like a good few of the episodes have focused on the Bulkhead and Miko dynamic while neglecting the other kids and their guardian bots.

Thankfully, we got two new interesting Decepticons and this time they didn't get killed off a few minutes after they were introduced. We also found out that Starscream is the Transformers version of a racist and that for some reason Megatron breathes like a human with his chassis rising and falling.

Starscream used brutality in a way that hasn't been seen since the first episode as he sucked the soul from one of his drones which I believe would have carried more weight if he'd have done so to Knock Out or Breakdown but I'm very thankful that he didn't.

The orb they were using makes me wonder what other devices Autobots may have created for the good of bot kind but ended up being turned into weapons.

By the way, who does Knock Out's voice? Back tracking a bit but the actor is very familiar but I'm afraid to search it due to spoilers.

Two of my favorite scenes from the day are the one where Knock Out and Breakdown fight Bulkhead (I'm in love with Knock Out's shock staff) and the moment the kids think Arcee is coming up to help and it turns out to be Soundwave. I expected it to be a drone con but when he knelled down to lift up the door I was left simply with the thought "OK, that's cool".

Shout out to Agent Fowler for being a team player at the end as well. He really pulled through for the team when they needed him most.

Did Bulkhead really need to bust up the soul stealer? I feel like that wasn't 100% necessary but I guess it was a safety measure.

I guess this is the start of Megatron's revival. I imagine he will still be out a bit longer but I'm excited to see how he and Starscream interact when/if he returns.

That's it for today. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this episode and as always; thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 6
  10. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

Daran Norris. He's been in quite a lot of things over the years. He was Cosmo and Timmy's dad in the Fairly Odd Parents, which is his probably most well known role. He was also Spotswoode in Team America: World Police, and Stan Smith's dad, Jack, in American Dad!

He's been in a lot more, but I think you should be able to look him up on iMDB without much in the way of spoilers. Knock Out is one of my favourite characters introduced in Prime just because of his voice alone.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Reask

Reask Predacon

The big debut episode. Knock Out was one of the show's shining stars. I love his design, it's like Terrorsaur with a car mode right down to the white face and red eyes. This wasn't Daran Norris's first Transformer role though, he voiced the Autobot Heavy Load in the 2001 Robots in Disguise cartoon which was neat to find out. He also voiced one of the characters in Team America. I was spending all of that film wondering where I've heard that voice before and only got it at the end. XD

Breakdown's great too, him and Knock Out were too perfect a match. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  12. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

In Digimon Frontier, Daran Norris voiced Mercurymon He sounds a lot like Knock Out, unlike Heavy Load (who has a more 'goofy' voice) and he's based on a mirror, which amuses me.

But yeah, I love Knock Out. Great design, great voice, great attitude.

Watching this episode again, I really like the teamwork between him and Breakdown as they try to take out Optimus. First Knock Out just drives right up to Prime (and wolf whistles at him, bless his steel-belted radials), distracting Optimus to give Breakdown a chance to fire his missiles. The missiles don't take Optimus out, but it's okay because Knock Out is already at close quarters and can use his shock staff (a weapon which I LOOOOVE) to taser the heck out of Prime. Then he signals Breakdown with his headlights, probably so that Breakdown can come and finish Prime off. Pretty dang slick.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Oh, don't speak quite so soon.

Boy did people love to put different meaning than that into the line.

Can't say I ever fell for Knock Out. I think it's just a combination of the rather milquetoast way his vanity is handled, and the fact that he's just so boring to look at. For someone so focused on standing out, he sure does look a heck of a lot like a lot of characters on this show. :lol  I do find it funny that the show has conditioned you to expect the 'Cons to be so throwaway that when they don't die immediately it's a pleasant shock. :lol 

You mean Lockdown? There's no TF named "Lockout." Also, movie Lockdown is a pretty damn faithful interpretation of Lockdown as he appeared in TFA, as a gimmick-laden bounty hunter with a dour, hardened perspective. (and then he ate shit because the movies hate the Decepticons and any Decepticon-esque characters)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

You're gonna be asking yourself this many, many times in the near future, trust me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This was a good episode. I echo again the earlier episodes of TF Prime were some of the best ones and I feel this is no different. Bulkhead was great throughout the episode. Knock Out and Breakdown were immediate favorites of mine when first seeing them.

I just watched this episode but it's escaping me, what did Starscream say in regards to this?

For the sake of keeping the thread on topic, please just quote the actual Starscream line; I don't want to delve too deep into the rabbit hole.

Great post as always @CaptainSlayer!

• Like Like x 1
  16. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

Starscream: "It's about time, Knock Out. I do not enjoy being kept waiting!"
    Knock Out: "Ah, it was a long drive, Starscream. I'm still picking bugs out of my grille."
    Starscream: "Yes, right, you're one of those."
    Knock Out: "Come again?"
    Starscream: "Never understood why any self-respecting Decepticon would choose 'automobile' as his vehicle mode when he could have flight!"
    Knock Out: "I like the way I look in steel-belted radials."

I do love that exchange :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  18. CaptainSlayer

Ah, thank you. I love the Fairly Odd Parents but I think I was recognizing the tone more from Jack in American Dad. I haven't seen Team America in... god, forever. I don't recall the character he voiced there. Knock Out is setting up to be a favorite but after just an introduction, we will see where it goes.

Forgive my ignorance but isn't the current show called Robots in Disguise? I'm guessing by the toys I've seen on shelves. If so, did they just recycle the name? Agreed, I really like both of the new Decepticons and seeing team work among bad guys is always wonderful.

I believe I only ever watched the original bit of Digimon as a kid alongside Pokemon. I still love the franchise but have forgotten most of the plot points and mon names. Feel free to link a photo of the mon to see if it rings any bells though! I do remember Ty well since my name is Tyler and I looked up to him. :p 

The shock staff is beautiful isn't it?

1. Oh :( 

2. Yes, I did. I guess that just goes to show how much I care about Age of Extinction. I did enjoy Lockdown in Animated but I guess I had trouble remembering the proper name.

Oh :( 

Thank you, Matty and thanks to @DaftRaider for providing the exchange!

• Like Like x 1
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's been two shows called RID. Fans usually separate them as RID2000 and RID15, or some variation.

On top of that, Prime's toy line was also "Robots in Disguise" AND there was a totally unrelated to any of these comic called RID. RID's a popular name it seems.

• Like Like x 3
  20. CaptainSlayer

Speed Metal

Speed Metal is the episode I've been waiting for. It focused heavily on both Knock Out and Bumblebee while also mixing in some new human characters and served it's purpose on character development without relying on the world being in imminent danger or energon being a plot point. In short, the episode was one thing: fun.

I've always wondered how a Decepticon would interact in human environments while not fighting Autobots and not in a creepy way like the girl from Revenge of the Fallen tonguing an actual human before trying to kill him ("It was not fun for me! OK, Mikaela? And it smelled like-like DIESEL! Like a diesely TINGE to it!") I've often wondered why the cons don't just go full time robot mode and focus on causing chaos (military resistance maybe?) but it seems the 'robots in disguise' motto is one size fits all. Knock Out's temper allowing him to get payback on the jerk with the ring was both satisfying and super over the top - it just serves as the perfect reminder that he's a Decepticon and Decepticons don't play nice.

Jack teaming up with Bumblebee was interesting in the way that their dynamic didn't fit well like Raph and Bee or Jack and Arcee. I've been curious if everyone could understand Bee or just Raph and today I got that answer. It's like R2-D2 or BB-8 and only a select few can understand the beeps and boops. Also, I feel like a fool for just now realizing, as I'm typing this out, that Bee and Raph are both the 'kids' of the groups.

Another good reminder that we're dealing with giant machines here was seeing Breakdown buffing out Megatron. I don't know about all of you but to me that's funny. You have this super epic leader villain of the Decepticon armada in a comatose state and in dire need of medical/mechanical attention and here he has a brute brushing him off instead. Wonderful.

I've often mentioned that I'm happy to see the brutality of Starscream in this show (which I got another glimpse of today during the end scene) but what I didn't expect was to see the same from Optimus Prime. I was disappointed when Knock Out transformed and still had his arm, I thought for sure Prime had ripped it right off but to see him walk up and manhandle this Decepticon who does absolutely nothing about it was awesome to me. This is why the guy leads the Autobots and why Megatron respects him - he is a powerful force to be reckoned with.

I think that's all I've got to say on today's episode but as always I'm very interested in hearing all of your thoughts - agree, disagree or just pressing the like button this is a group experience and I love to see what everyone has to contribute.

Thanks for watching and see you all back for Wednesday's episode!

• Like Like x 9