Bayformer Fan Watches G1 & TF:Movie! [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Aug 7, 2014.

1. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer Bayfomer Fan

Be sure to read the bit just after that. ;) 

Thank you, I'm very happy that you enjoyed it.

I'm actually about to be on the finale of Beast Wars and so far, I feel the same as I did about the conclusion of this blog, that it's a completely different beast from Bayformers and other Transformers series.

What I seem to be learning from these blogs is that the Transformers franchise is really this absolutely massive fucking beast with fans of one type but not the other and there's all this bitching and bitching and bitching about what's right and what's wrong but at the end of the day everyone is there because they all love Transformers.

To be honest, I'm probably going to be finished with blogging after the Beast Machines one. Maybe that's just my inner Michael Bay talking where I'll keep saying I'm done when I'm totally not (Hey, I did it in this blog too...) but I feel like the original idea of having a Michael Bay fan see other forms of Transformers outside of the live action movies is starting to shift and become something else because at this point, I could probably tell you more about Beast Wars and G1 than I could the live action films.

I'm not exclusively a Bayformer fan anymore, I'm a Transformers fan and I just enjoy it for what it is.

Except for that headmasters bullshit, that can suck a dick. Transformers aren't fucking mechs... >.> But that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Scratch that. I got a suggestion no sooner than I posted this for the next blog. It will be my final one.

2. Brum Bot

Brum Bot Better than beatings from Daddy ;)

News Credits:
    I've just been through and read the movie blog while stuck at work late - thanks captain, it just made me smile and took me back to my childhood emotions when watching it the first time! What a fantastic read :) 

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Poor Mr. Bay. Not quite smart enough, were you? They just simply don't make 80s movies like they used to!

4. CaptainSlayer

Thank you for reading the entry! I'm glad you enjoyed it. ^^

5. Brum Bot

Brum Bot Better than beatings from Daddy ;)

News Credits:
    Seriously, I was at work smiling away trying not to lol, especially 'WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK' shuttle comments and the crying at Optimus and the evolution of hot rod via the matrix. And again completely reminded how totally awesome the soundtrack is!

Sometimes there's a lot of negativity on this forum but reading through your blog and your reactions to the movie truly brought a big old smile! And refreshing to see people embracing Transformers as the whole, and not divisive G1/BW/rid/animated/bayverse etc... It's all contributed to what we all love.

6. CaptainSlayer

Thank again, Brum Bot. It seems like you and I are on the same page.

I personally haven't experienced much negativity here but that's because I rarely leave my own threads out of fear for spoilers. :p 

I agree that Transformers is just Transformers and that if you enjoy it, enjoy it! If you don't, well then why crap all over someone who does?

<3

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Oh, the line that killed me was during his Dinobots review.

Something along the lines of, "a brontosaurus that shoots lasers from his eyes?!? I NEED this in my life!!!"

Took me right back to jr high and having "didyouseethat!?!" discussions at the lunch table.

8. CaptainSlayer

To be honest, looking back at some of my reactions during the blog brings back memories that feel like they took place -ages- ago and it's only been a year or less for most of them.

You can tell which episodes I wasn't really into or the episodes I reviewed while exhausted from working twelve hour shifts and you can tell the episodes I got hype during because they often have about four times the text, haha.

I find myself thinking about G1 a lot and I'm eager to revisit it once I've finished Beast Machines (in about two weeks) and then Transformers: Animated.

All of the cool things that happened in Season 2 including the plethora of new characters has me eager to just go back and watch without typing as I go.

Seasons 3 and 4 on the other hand... eh. Maybe they would be better? *doubt intensifies*

9. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Heh! Well, I've enjoyed your blogs tremendously. As for Headmasters, the Japanese anime series is more on point: the heads are little Cybertronians. It's how the headmasters concept should always have been done! It's a weirrrrrdddd show.

10. CaptainSlayer

Wha.... What? THAT STILL SOUNDS AWFUL. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN LITTLE CYBERTRONIANS!?

*vomits*

EDIT: Also, thank you very much. I'm glad you've enjoyed the blogs. ;) 

11. transformer guy

transformer guy Banned

this was funny

I like the real movies more but the cartoons are still good

12. nero9000

nero9000 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this was a fun read. Especially the stuff about the movie.

I've recently ordered TF: Animated myself. If that shyt ever gets here, I'll join you for the next thread. I've seen it once before, but it was a while back, so I've forgotten most of it.

But what happened to watching Headmasters? That's an awesome show, especially with the fantastic Omni dub! :bowdown:  I recently watched it again, and it brought my TF-mojo back after years of half-interest due to Bayformers killing my TF-boner for what seemed like forever.

13. CaptainSlayer

Read the quote from me two posts up. :p 

I really disliked the idea of Headmasters and don't plan on viewing the show. I'm glad you enjoyed it and while I may give it a shot down the road on my own time, I won't be blogging it or anything. It just really isn't my cup of tea.

14. nero9000

nero9000 Well-Known Member

Dude, that's a weird beef against little Cybertronians for someone whose favorite character is Randal. I won't even mention the fact all the BW chars are even smaller. :D 

15. CaptainSlayer

Correct me if I'm wrong but you mean it's a little cybertronian on a giant body that may or may not be a Transformer?

I'll make like a team player and pass.

16. olevelo

olevelo Well-Known Member

You hardly ever actually see the "little Cybertronians". The majority of the series is the full size guys. It's worth it just for the music! I mentioned in my blog it would be worth building an "essential Headmasters" list with just the good/relevant episodes. That would make it a lot easier to watch.

17. CaptainSlayer

I'll consider watching it in my free time after Animated (without blogging it) just because I'm really digging pretty much anything Transformers. That being said, my hopes for it are about as high as they are for the new Ghostbusters movie (i.e. not very).

18. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

The Japanese version of Headmasters ignores "Rebirth" and the whole Nebulon story line and instead introduces the Headmasters as smaller robots (about the size of Rumble and Frenzy) that transform into the heads of otherwise lifeless robot bodies which is definitely a Transformer. (A far more reasonable purpose for their existence than the one given in "Rebirth" in my not so humble opinion.) The biggest issue you may find with it is with the inconsistent tone as if they couldn't decide whether their audience was older kids who had watched the American series or if they wanted to appeal to younger, newer customers. This dichotomy is personified by Daniel who seems to regress from an age of about nine or ten in Season 3 to the emotional age of a six or seven year old. At the worst, it's only one season in length.

Masterforce and Victory (also each one season) are really sequel series in name only. For the most part they are each partial reboots.

19. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Can't wait for Animated, TFA was the first season I watched as it aired on Cartoon Network.

20. CaptainSlayer

Ah, thanks for spelling it out for me. This is information I wasn't quite catching onto until you put it like this. I'll admit the fact that Rebirth is 86'd makes me more likely to give it a shot but right now I've got all eyes on Animated.

I'm very excited to start Transformers Animated. With it being a 'newer' show, I'm amped to see how smooth the animation and everything is.

With that being said, I'm fairly certain I've seen an episode of the show before when I was at my mom's house for a visit a few years ago. I don't remember anything about it except for there being an adorable little girl and I think Starscream sounded like the Ice King or something, in fact, I think Tom Kenny does the Ice King right? And Spongebob, I know that much.

I could be making this up but I'm pretty sure it was something like that. ><

If this is true, I'm fairly certain I'll take a liking to old Starscream rather than hating him like in G1.