Bayformer Fan Watches Beast Wars & Beast Machines [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Oct 2, 2015.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Luckily Animated is fresh as hell.

2. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been following along with your blog, CS, though I haven't posted throughout it. Your recap of the series echoes a lot of my own feelings on the show. On a 2nd watch, I didn't hate Nightscream as much as before, though he does still annoy me at times. I too, was pissed about the way they handled Rhinox and took away Waspinator's happy ending from BW.

The religious stuff didn't bother me as much, because on the 2nd go, it didn't seem nearly as prevalent as I had remembered. It's definitely in your face the first time you see it, and I suspect that may be because we're not used to having TFs talk about their own brand of religion aside from a couple throwaway remarks like "By the Matrix," or "By Primus' beard!"

Glad that you enjoyed it overall, and enjoyed reading your blog. Looking forward to your last one. :) 

3. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer "Soundwave just sent out Randal"

Thanks Mako and it's good to see you still hanging around.

The "By the Matrix" quotes didn't bother me as much as Optimus being a religious nut for pretty much the entire show even when his 'visions' were faked by Tankor.

As I said, all in all, I liked both of the series but Season 1 of Beast Machines could be placed on par with Season 3 of G1 for me, not the greatest.

4. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

One thing's for certain, you're never going to get a more cunning--or evil--Megatron. Animated's take on the character is admirable, however, if not a tad more conventional.

5. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    So spoilers, already? :confused: 

6. CaptainSlayer

That is one thing that I very much appreciated about Beast Machines. Megatron was a true, real villain and his purpose for being one was almost something you could sympathize with.

In my mind, Cybertron should be mechanical and I think Megatron had the right idea in preserving it, but his lust for power made his vision a very boring one to say the least.

Even though he didn't make it into my top 5 Predacons, he would have stolen a slot if Beast Machines had it's own separate list. Along with Jetbolt actually since he was hilarious.

Thank you for participating in this thread Single Elegant Machine, I really appreciate the insight of such a big Megatron fan and your writing has left an impression on me.

I hope to see you over in the Animated thread in a little over a month. :) 

I wouldn't consider what S.E.M said very spoilery. I already assumed that Beast Machines Megatron was the heaviest variation of the character we would find from animation shows.

However, in design, I think Bayformer's Megatron is still my favorite. :) 

7. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing I found interesting about your blog was as I read you entries for Beast Wars I could remember each episode and what was happening, but not for Beast Machines. I think it speaks more to the shows than your blog.

8. CaptainSlayer

You aren't the first person I've heard that from. Some users can't remember the episodes very well where as (the more often case) sometimes the way I word things will throw people off.

Hopefully, that confusion will cut back a little bit in Animated when I take the recap approach as opposed to the live blogging.

Not to mention it will be easier on my attention span.

9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One specific thing I disliked about Beast Machines was the depiction of Vector Sigma. We saw Vector Sigma, and the room where it was, in the G1 cartoon, and it was just a plain old room. So why in Beast Machines was Vector Sigma inside a Stargate on a huge colonnade in this massive cavern? I wasn't much a fan of the Key being a computer program, either.

And Captain! I don't imagine you frequent the rest of the site, here, so you may not have heard: Vince DiCola, composer of the '86 Movie score you dug so much, and Stan Bush, singer of "The Touch" and "Dare," are going to be performing a LIVE CONCERT at Botcon this year! This may never happen again. You've GOT to come!

10. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait for your blog of animated. I enjoyed it more than Beast Wars.

11. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    I remember registred on this board only to write to the good Cap' how much I enjoyed his blog haha.
    Didn't post to much since but be assured that I followed every entry with pleasure !

Animated will be a sweet ride :D 

12. CaptainSlayer

I didn't draw any comparison to Vector Sigma but now that you've pointed it out, that is a bit odd.

Also, I tend to hang out in GD but I do move to the toy sightings once in a while. Everything else I'm ignorant on!

Lastly, holy crap! Where is it!?

I'm glad you're excited, Smitty. I am too!

Hey Large, I remember when you first posted in the G1 blog! I'm glad you're still around. :) 

13. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's in Louisville, Kentucky on Friday, April 8. And then the next day Botcon opens to the general public. I'm seeing a weekend excursion in your future, Captain... :D 

14. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Same here. Though I also never rewatched any BM ep whereas I saw each BW twice probably.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    A lot of that probably has to do with not only the quality difference, but that BW was a lot of people's first dip into TFs, and the series that brought many back from G1, wheras BM didn't bring in many new people.

16. CaptainSlayer

Hmm, that's only about 6 1/2 hours from me but it's also very short notice considering I'm going to a concert in about two weeks so money is already stretched pretty thin.

I'll be looking into it, thanks for the heads up Ikky!