Bayformer Fan Watches Beast Wars & Beast Machines [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Oct 2, 2015.

1. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Awesome! I'll reply to your blog 1st.

I guess being bad guys means at some point they made the decision to fully serve the tyrant, not just the cause.

i noticed that homage too, to Tigatron and Airazor.

Well, they did bring back his awesome music! :) 

the Matrix/oracle gave them many sparks to help them. I take it like a miniature Matrix inside them.
    ...or something.

youre prolly wishing in the process, he reverts to Waspy.
    Too bad it didn't happen. :( 

Which lines are these?

Glad you liked the ep! :) 

2. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Here's my support blog for BM 2-12 :) 

I didn't realize how much Rattrap had improved in this series from BW.
    he actually seemed cool here!:) 

Nice to see Primal share the wealth, lol! Now everyone is matrix powered, with extra sparks in their chests. I think the 2nd line of toys had spark crystals more visible, kinda like this.

Oh man, the Rhinox/Tankor music was amaze! :rock 

I also didn't realize how cute Botanica was, in her pale blue face form. Like a Smurf, lol! :D 

That showdown of Thrust vs. Silverdolt was nice, a long time coming. Both as Jetstorm & Silverdolt, they were quite mean to Thrust, so it was nice to see him get his revenge.
    Then BA immediately getting whacked was hilarious! :D 
    5 fingers behind the head by Obsidian, TeeHee-ous!

Great to see Thrust leading the Vehicon generals; finally got the ranking respect he deserved.
    Cheetor shot Strika n Obsidian into orbit!! Awesome! :) 

Nice to see Thrust and Cheetor's showdown.

Megatron's face looked so off in that Optimal Optimus helmet. Megatron was always handsome, but Matrix, he looked so ugly like that! :eek: 

Gatta say, Thrust was the VIP of this episode. He 1-upped 3 of his rivals, and got an honourable showdown with another. :) 
    Given how he even unarmed himself for hand to hand combat, he only lost by Cheetor cheating with the spark extractor!
    Cheetor's a Cheat-or!:mad 

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's just a power-up from the Oracle to make them super strong and fast.

Notice how Botanica didn't get one because you can already see her spark. :p 

Megatron in Primal's old body was a huge shock, but perfect irony.

4. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

I'll just drop this here. I never did get around to finishing it, sadly.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Hi, still reading these and enjoying them. Just wanna predict that, when CaptainSlayer watches the next ep,
    the scene right at the end, where Waspinator finally comes back, is gonna get a "FUCK YOU!" from him.
    :D 

6. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer "Soundwave just sent out Randal"

Episode 26, "Endgame Part III: Seeds Of The Future" has been added.

7. glinthos

glinthos doomed hometown

There you have it, everything wrapped up into a nice happy ending. Betcha didn't expect one from this show.

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nope, it's canon, but other shows are seperate continuities. BM is the last show to continue the G1 continuity on TV, from now on it's reboots.

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    It looks better in the comics than in the show.

[​IMG]

10. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    This series had its share of controversies.

Actually they look like a loud mob running towards the main Maximals. Like they're going to tear them apart for their crimes against Cybertron! :D 

Always the rodent jerk. :mad 

I'm glad they kept the Thrust head on Waspy, as it represented a cool bikerbot part of his personality. :) 

Yah, unlike BW, it was nice to see Megs and Primal fighting about ...something. Polar opposites at a philosophical level throughout the series, it made their scenes together be gold.

They really were 2 halves of the solution. And unlike StarWars, Primal's "balance" speech actually meant something! :) 

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Probably because they totally ran out of budget in the show and had to just re-skin Cybertron with the same techno-organic texture as the trees.

The idea of a techno-organic Cybertron is much better than the visualization from BM, trust me.

12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Regardless of the other series, it's canon. Non of the following series are tied into this series, Beast Wars, or even G1 itself.

April? Dang.... I was looking forward to having something to read during March.

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Guess I was wrong. I really thought Waspinator turning up when it's too late for him to do anything would piss him off.

14. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think in one of the comic series that follow BM, poor little waspinator becomes a spy for some other bad guy, but he is actually treated with respect by said big baddy...huh, just looked it up and it turns out it was BW2 galvatron, weird

15. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Just watched the finale myself, it was nice that the finale episode was just a big showdown physically and verbally between Primal and Megatron and that they met their end together and were both responsible for the reformatting of Cybertron.

I liked seeing Cheetor take the role as leader after Primal was gone, our "Little Cat" really grew up over the course of the series. Nice to see Silverbolt get back to his usual corny self with Blackarachnia and Rattrap's tree-huger comment was funny.

It's a shame that the budget for the final scene wasn't there because it was a very cool concept that was just never visualized. The scene with the Cybertronians coming back and cheering came off as tacky rather than triumphant.

It was still a great series and I appreciate it a lot more than I did when I watched it during its original airing. Not Beast Wars level of quality by any means, but still a very good series.

16. CaptainSlayer

Sorry, Jetbolt. I took about a month break between G1 and Beast Wars and decided to do the same with an extra week here. Don't worry, April will be here before you know it.

17. CaptainSlayer

My final thoughts and top 5's have been added!

18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And so my introductory era of Transformers comes to an end. So glad you enjoyed it, Captainslayer. :D 

Beast Wars will forever be a show I happily rewatch whenever I have time to kill. Season 1 especially is like home to me, wheras Seasons 2 and 3 are where I get hooked on the show's newfound semi-serialised nature. I absolutely agree with your rankigns of the seasons, and I'm glad you still had fun with BM, which even I consider myself a fan of, but don't often go back. (though I admit BM ran way more often on my local network when I was growing up, so I honestly saw more of it on TV than BW while it aired at a point, I mostly relied on VHS tapes for my BW fix) I maintian though that the Transmetals weren't the result of any backlash. As someone who grew up in the 90's and saw Beast Wars next to all other flavours of entertainment, it was just an attempt at brand revitalization. A gimmick to make the show a bit more "XTREME" with flashy coloured chrome and beast designs that erred more on the cartoony side of cool, with rats and rhinos having large, cartoonish shark teeth under TMNT-style grimaces. :lol  A pretty ineffective attempt at luring back the G1 crowd when the designs were even more out-there and now it was the robot modes that were squishy and organic, looking more like aliens than robots.

I'm pretty resigned to the fact that we'll never get another show like BW that is new, fresh and unique. Hasbro seems pretty intent on playing things safe, with synergistic character designs and stories all based on the same concepts. It'll be a while before a show needs to be what BW needed to be, if it ever will need that again.

However, if BW was the perfect starting point for me and Transformers, Animated is where my love for the franchise was rekindled ten times over. April can't come soon enough. :D 

19. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Too bad you didn't enjoy some of the bolder direction like Rhinox.
    This really made the show for me.

I also loved the religious aspect of it; at least to an extent. As a human, I could totally relate to Transforming being a religious experience, due to the higher thrill and glory it symbolizes.

Primal going too far to Megatron's opposite extreme was a bit much. But at least his genocidal ways helped justify Rhinox's actions, which was the highlight of the series.

The verbal scenes between Megs & Primal were gold. I loved how they were fighting about some actual ideals, as opposed to just fighting cause they're enemies, like in BW and many other series.

As a Waspinator fan, I was glad how the series vindicated him (as Thrust), by making him such a winner over his rivals in the 2nd to last episode.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy some of the more fandom-frowned aspects like Screech, Rattrap, and Noble/Savage.

Thanks for doing this blog, Captain! And I really enjoyed co-watching the last 2 eps! :) 

I'll put my suggestions for the next blog in your Animated thread.

20. CaptainSlayer

I hope you're wrong about the fresh ideas being gone for good, I'm just getting into all of this!

I look forward to seeing you in April. >:]

I couldn't disagree more on the "bold" direction with Rhinox, I hate it and I always will.

I also think transforming is just... awesome and doesn't need any religious mumbo jumbo behind it.

As for Troncon and Primal fighting over -real- things, that I can agree with.

Ditto to you JL and I look forward to it!