Bayformer Fan Watches Beast Wars & Beast Machines [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Oct 2, 2015.

1. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer Bayfomer Fan

Episode 20, "Sparkwar Part I: The Strike" has been added.

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Name correction, Strika not Striker.

But overall a good blog update.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    :lol  He's done that since he showed up.

Seems to me that's a statement in favour of her point. :lol 

Nope. They're Strika and Obsidian, my two favourite BM characters. :3 Also no, they're not existing characters.

90% of Cybertron's population was Maximals and Autobots.

He could always absorb energy blasts, and if you looked his arms always had like an invisble shield in front of them, but it was usually small. Guess he can make it bg now?

4. CaptainSlayer

Thank you for the correction Jetbolt!

Also Split, was the ratio really that low?

(edit: for the Predacon/Decepticon numbers I mean.)

5. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i dont know if thats the exact number but the maximals were diffidently the dominant group on cybertron. i estimate it was more of a 60/40-70/30 ratio

6. CaptainSlayer

Episode 21, "Sparkwar Part II: The Search" has been added.

7. CaptainSlayer

Since I missed yesterday Sparkwar Part III: The Siege and Spark of Darkness will both be posted today.

EDIT: In addition, the final 3 episodes will be posted Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

8. Reask

Reask Predacon

Sorry, I have been away, too much work, not even done, don't care, will finish tomorrow, but for now, let's quickly catch up. XD

One of the highlights of Beast Machines. :) 

I won't respond to every episode, just the last 3 seen as it's kind of irrelevant now to go back to episodes we've passed. Sorry, will make up for it if you're still doing the marathon of Animated. ;-)

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    As someone may have mentioned, the shift in Silverbolt's personality was inspired by how Batman had gone from campy Adam West goofball to brooding Dark Knight.

And yet even beaming directly to their brain robots on Cybertron don't absorb media as fast as our teens.

>:} Optimus is a smart cookie for once!

10. CaptainSlayer

Episode 22, "Sparkwar Part III: The Siege" and Episode 23, "Spark Of Darkness" have been added.

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    He's been able to do that since the first or second episode. :lol 

Gives a new meaning to "'till all are one."

Not having a Spark doens't make him impervious to lightning. If anything not being mechanical/techno-organic would make him more vulnerable to electricity, no?

I don't think they're too particular about symbolism when they're fighting a war for freedom.

Except for the whole "make Cybertron techno-organic" bit. You know Tankor wasn't fucking with it when it told Optimus that, right?

12. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

There's a short story published in an anthology written by BM series editor Bob Skir [who's also responsible for a bunch of other Transformers episodes from various series] that is Spark Of Darkness told from Megatron's perspective.
    Here's the wiki summary;
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Megatron finds himself floating in confusion, reflecting on the events which led to his attempt to purify Cybertron of the organic. As he streaks through the streets of Cybertropolis, he has a brief encounter with something on the same plane as himself, before fleeing. He possesses a patchwork body and attacks Blackarachnia and Silverbolt with it. After turning Blackarachnia's attack back against her, his body overloads, releasing his spark. He soon encounters the strange form again, and realises it is Rhinox, the Maximal he had used to create Tankor.

Rhinox is to act as Megatron's guide on his final journey to the Allspark, leaving the corporeal world behind. Megatron soon finds himself being led against his will to a higher plane, through metaphorical realms, the first of which are Splendor and Eternity. Though them, Megatron is able to perceive the whole of time and space, and the patterns that lie therein. Soon, Megatron finds himself in the technorganic orchard, attacking Rattrap and Botanica until his spark is once again rejected by the cycle drone it was occupying.

Back in the incorporeal world, Rhinox guides Megatron through the realms of Beauty and Severity, the latter of which Rhinox defines as resolve and determination. They visit the sphere of Mercy, which Megatron finds difficult to grasp before he is pulled back to the physical world in the body of a Jetstorm drone. In this form, he finds Obsidian and Strika accepting Cheetor and Nightscream's offer to join them. Furious, he attacks them, fighting all four of them until his body again explodes.

Rhinox welcomes Megatron to the realms of Understanding and Wisdom. At the same time, Megatron sees his own spark knock Silverbolt out of the air and tangle with his ex-generals. He suddenly realises that the spiritual journey he is on is as real as the events on Cybertron. Rhinox is pleased with his pupil's final understanding, and they arrive at the Allspark; however, Megatron finds the idea of being absorbed and becoming a part of the whole distasteful. Aware of Rattrap struggling with a spark extractor, Megatron realises that his spark must have become depolarized, and uses the knowledge of his physical state to annihilate Rhinox's spirit.

Though he expects to also be destroyed by the action, he finds himself back in the physical world, trapped in the body of a Diagnostic Drone. However now, with the knowledge he has gained from his spiritual journey, Megatron intends to assimilate the Allspark itself and become a god.

13. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

A fascinating tale, for sure. It's a rare treat to be given Transformers-related text, let alone a short story written from the first person perspective of your favorite character.

And this is without a doubt the most vile Megatron in the lore, past and present.

14. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

That's a pretty awesome alternate view of that episode. I totally understand why they chose to tell it from the Maximal's perspective, but it would have been pretty awesome to have seen Megatron's spiritual journey.

15. CaptainSlayer

Episode 24, "Endgame Part I: The Downward Spiral" has been added.

16. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Another Part 1 on a Friday, eh?

Typical.

:p 

17. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    What hosts, though? There's no bodies lying around, and plucking random people out of the tank isn't going to help if they're, like, the Sparks of a bartender and a tech support dude.

I don't think just releasing them into the air like ladybugs is the best idea when there's drones everywhere.

IIRC (I'm not as fanatic a BM fan as I am a BW fan) The Maximals are still using Rattrap's signature-hiding things, as well as the ones that make the Generals see drones as Maximals.

Doesn't Optimus say exactly that, that all Rattrap really did was speed up the inevitable? (or maybe it's next ep) But when you think about it, it's a good thing he did. Had the sheilds been depleted, and thus their power reserves, there'd be nothing left to protect the sparks when they crashed.

He said he's finishing on the weekend.

18. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I know, but I still find it hilarious at all the cliffhangers are on Fridays.

19. JLvatron

JLvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Captain, I'll join you for this epic conclusion. :) 
    I just watched ep.25 and wrote my thoughts during a pause and after the ep.
    I'll post my comments after yours, if that's ok with you.

20. CaptainSlayer

Of course!

I really enjoy interaction like that. I'm about to start Part II now