Bayformer Fan Watches Beast Wars & Beast Machines [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

sorry

2. Reask

Reask Predacon

No worries mate, I wasn't say you were spoiling anything I was just speaking in general. ;-)

Zone had a second episode? There was only one, and it was so rubbish it may have well just ended with Victory if they were going to repeat the same mistake as Headmasters with constantly replacing the Autobot leader for no reason. XD

3. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit I try to save a life a day, usually it's my own...

News Credits:
    NO! Please don't.

4. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer "Soundwave just sent out Randal"

Hey Zook!

I'm sorry you don't enjoy the format but I don't have any plans to change it at this present time. Thank you for your feedback and for checking out the thread!

Those were pretty much my thoughts when I found out the Lion was a con in the original series. However, I love primates and Gorilla's are among my favorites so I'm happy with the choice.

Thank you. :) 

Don't be silly! Now I can read your entries of episodes you've done once I've done them.

If that were the case then mine should be the first to go since PPP booted his up first. ;) 

Thank you everyone for commenting on the first episode. To all of you pointing it out, I didn't notice the two moons in the pilot so that changes things up a bit. I'll see you all this afternoon for Part Two!

5. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Believe it or not, the first Optimus and Megatron Beast Wars toys came as a two pack. Optimus was a BAT and Megatron was a Crocodile. I'm glad they went with the second toys released, the Gorilla and T-Rex.

My wife absolutely loves the way Megatron uses his T-Rex fingers too. She's pregnant right now and one of the ultrasound pictures has our kid with her fingers like a T-Rex, so we've nicknamed her Rexy until she's born.

6. Reask

Reask Predacon

Speaking of lions:
    [​IMG]
    XD

7. CaptainSlayer

Episode two, "Beast Wars, Part Two", has been added.

8. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Hey, they can't all be on fembots. Equal opportunity robotcheesecake.

BW really made me appreciate the classic Transformation sound effect. It helps it's also so distinctive. Like how you recognize the sound Lightsabers make and know it's Star Wars. I really feel the lack of it was one of the things Beast Wars did wrong.

Yeah. The original toy, you could press a button and spin the split tail thing. It was weird, but it worked unlike some of the other toys weapons.

Primal was packing a lot of weapons wasn't he?

Dinobot is nobody but Dinobot. Not to be confused with the Dinobots. Though they might get along. By which I mean fight, but for all the guys you call Dinobot/s that is getting along.

He is to this day my favorite Beast Era character.

To be fair... Well I'll wait until you know everyone better before I expound on this subject.

Because they didn't want to use the Pyramids, and it was the next easiest to render ancient structure that some people insist aliens must have built, because clearly humans are incapable of figuring out how to stack rocks on our own?

Could be worse. In Japan he went from sleezy seedy dude to Pikachu as I understand.

He did it first.

I think the shows writers realized they had to give the guys who's toys only had melee weapons something ranged, or they'd always end up shot up before doing anything in a fight.

Something ain't right with that spider-bot. Clear right off the bat.

Well if you're going to have a Gorilla and T-Rex fight...

And thus a million Optimus Primal/Beast Megatron slash fics were spawned.

Well maybe if he had a flamethrower in his mouth like all proper robot T-Rexes...

9. Reask

Reask Predacon

Oh yeah, I forgot he sometimes screams OPTIMUS for no good reason like Shia. Only Cheetor is less annoying than Shia. XD

To be fair most of the good guys act like assholes to each other in this series, but that's kind of Rattrap's charm. He stinks, and he's rude, but I wouldn't want him any other way. XD

They'll explain later. (Get used to me saying that a lot XD )

I think G1 Optimus was able to fly too in the Marvel comics in his powermaster form, but I haven't read that far yet and I'm probably just thinking about all of the various ways God Ginrai can fly in Super-God Masterforce.

In the opening fight he first used those on Optimus Primal's FACE

Get used to it, he's insane, literally. XD

10. UltraGalvatron1

UltraGalvatron1 General Kenobi, you are a bold one.

I've never watched Energon...
    Primus be damned I'm gonna have to do it now
    I've watched Armada and Cybertron, but not Energon.

11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Two? I'm missing out apparently...

Also in response to a couple of responses, I thought that both the Pretender technology AND the Beast mode coverings were synthetic materials patterned after organic materials. Is that not the case?

12. CaptainSlayer

Oh, hardy har-har.

---

That's literally fucking Chinese to me.

---

You know, I saw that and for some reason it didn't click or invoke the surprise in me until he did it in the cave...

13. Reask

Reask Predacon

Correction: That's literally fucking Japanese to me. XD

Don't ask, don't look it up, you might encounter Beast Wars spoilers along the way. XD

14. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Episode 2 - "Beast Wars, Part 2"

:D 

Uhhh....

GAH!!! Dinobot predates Scorn by a few million years...depending on your temporal point of view.

Folks, that's his first step on Dinobot.

:D 

Who's Vegata? A character on a vegetable or cartoon show?

He does it because he's mean.

Yep. He's a dick character.

So cartoony, but it works.

Yeah it's weird. Hopefully the writers are good, and will explain.

He's one of those pesky characters with attitude. But I'd rather have him on my team, instead of against me.

:) 

It was either by design or a homage to a few G1 characters. But it fits him. Also, most characters on the show have both a ranged weapon, AND a melee weapon.

Yeah, there are many scenes that clearly show their age. Remember, you're watching a show during the primitive years of CGI.

You'll like him more later.....hopefully.

Haha. Damn that children's cartoon law.

Note the size difference. You'll see it periodically, Rattrap shows he has big balls of steel.

One of the many things fans of the show love.

You mean, this is what the scene the King Kong animators took. They must have been Beast Wars fans. :p 

Oh you.

Since when does Megatron listen to his idiot troops? Besides, he was going to win.

Yesssssss.....

My interpretation of what the writers had in mind was the Energon fields had weakened just enough for Megatron to be back to normal temporarily. Which was enough time for him to bail.

It was a long battle, and a long journey back to that part of the valley.

BEAST WARS!!!

15. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Episode 2 - "Beast Wars, Part 2"

Dinobot is a great warrior who doesn't think very highly of the Maximals as either soldiers or warriors. In his view, defeating Primal will be easy.

Scimitars, arm cannons, shoulder cannons and a jetpack. He's bloody awesome.

[quotePrimal also looks pretty evil with those blood red eyes. [/quote] you've been simplified by the G1 cartoon where blue was for good and red for evil. The toys were far less strict and so were the Marvel comics (yellow was used a lot by both parties).

Dinobot has honor. He's a noble warrior. That's probably also why he was pursuaded by Megatron to help steal the golden disk and the spaceship. He wants a glorious victory or a glorious death. Not the forced peace they had on Cybertron.

Very annoying. Fortunately, it will be reduced more and more.

THe missiles they shot at Optimus/Dinobot...but the animation is very shoddy.

Primal is the captain of their ship, the Axalon, and possible this is one of his first commands, if not the first. And although he had training on the Maximals military academy, he likely didn't expect to ever have to command troops in battle. (And Rattrap likely has some previous experience.)

But Optimus Primal is Rodimus Prime done right. The series had two main writers and you see Primal grow and learn.

Not Stone Henge. And it's not like Stone Henge is unique.

Flight was very uncommon in the Marvel Comics. Most of the Decepticons couldn't even fly, unless they had a jet altmode (or Shockwave in space cannon mode).

Powermaster thus could not fly in the Marvel comics. However, he did have some thrusters on his feet which enabled him to maneuver the one time when he was in space.

16. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

More like Primal Rage.

It was one two-part episode if I recall correctly, which I'm probably not. I'm not even motivated enough to check.

That was my understanding, that the organics were buffering the energon overload.

17. Reask

Reask Predacon

Yeah I mistook Ginrai's flying abilities as being in the Marvel comics too with Powermaster Optimus. XD

But Prime did fly once in the comics in space? Do you mean the time where
    he flew straight into Unicron's jaw with the Matrix in hand?
    That moment looks more epic than anything in the 86 movie. :D 

Eh, no one should be motivated to check it anyway. It had a talking magic bunny rabbit who was on the Autobot's new planet and said "Too much metal, where's all the trees and flowers?" Damn hippy. Compared to Headmasters and Zone, Beast Machines isn't a hippy show at all. XD

18. CaptainSlayer

+10 to Boulder's house of choice for the epic game reference that somehow passed me by.

19. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Which is sort of funny, because movie Optimus got and used his jet boots in China.

So does anyone want to share how their first Beast Wars experience? I remember I was with some friends in Wal-Mart and saw the first wave deluxes. I thought these guys looked cool, almost worthy of being transformers... Then I saw it was Transformers. Dinobot got bought, and after a little while Waspinator and Tarantulas. I still have most of the deluxes and basics from the first two waves tucked away somewhere.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He mellows out but yeah, he's a bit of a dickhead. Then again he is a Predacon.

',:}

I think it's cool, it's like a robotic raptor snarl. The sound design of this show is still above what even modern shows like Prime gave us. Every character has a unique transformation noise suited to their design, like Megatron's being deep and clunky and little Rattrap's sounding like a wind-up toy almost. Even without the mixed-in beast noises (which aren't always there) you could distinguish each character by their noise alone. This carries over to the weapons as well.

A lot of Beast characters have some neat weapons, even just plain old guns will have a neat sound effect or design.

I actually quite like the diversity in eye colours. It means characters like Cheetor can have totally unified colourschemes and everyone's got some unique design to their eyes even besides colour.

He definitely isn't. He's just a jerk.

This Megatron's not a grand general leading an unstoppable army, he's (a very smart, very powerful) crook leading a band of knuckledheaded goons. He is a seperate character from G1 Megatron/Galvatron just with the same name.

They would've been too small to see that far away.

Again, he mellows out, (especially in three eps) but early Rattrap is a punk.

Yes, questions galore.... :D 

It's only a mud slide if it's muddy, and it's only a cave in if you're in a cave. :/

A leftover ability from an early concept where Primal would've been a bat.

More characters deserve this ability.

Beast Wars doesn't have great music, but it certainly is energetic. (and the tribal drums mixed in is something we've not heard before or since in Transformers)

"On second thought, I WANT TO LIVE!!"