Bayformer Fan Doesn't Watch Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Dec 28, 2018.

1. artimus prime

artimus prime SCALE Debater that collects multiple TF lines TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It's the train wreck that I keep watching. Both the toys and the show are pretty bad.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer Bayfomer Fan

Yo is this for real? Look at how baby smooth his head is. It's like a velvet pillow.

[​IMG]

I'm not very interested by the toys themselves but it is cool to see such an awesome line-up of characters. I just wish they were better. :p 

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Yup, that’s rebels Yoda. Whereas Clone Wars has this style where everything had a matte painted texture to it, almost as if everything was made out of actual painted models, combined with dynamic edges and lines typical of stylized animation, Rebels combines smooth, even textures with rounded, soft looking models to make a show that looks way too... soft. Everything looks also plush in that show, and the way characters over-act when they talk makes them all look way too cartoony and cheap IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer Bayfomer Fan

Calling a cartoon, cartoony is confusing to me. :p 

I'm going to be watching the Clone Wars for the first time this year. I'm pretty excited about it. Are you saying I should just leave Rebels be?

5. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    That’s up to you, I just know that I couldn’t get into it.

Though you don’t have to worry about it for a while. Clone Wars is six, soon to be seven, seasons long.

6. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

At least give it a chance after you finish The Clone Wars. The only way to know for sure if a show is worth your time is to check it out and decide for yourself.

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Honestly, I've watched both Clone Wars and Rebels and thought both were enjoyable for different reasons.

If you're going to watch Clone Wars for the first time, this link should be very useful. Star Wars: The Clone Wars Chronological Episode Order | StarWars.com

• Like Like x 3
  8. AutobotStrider

AutobotStrider Well-Known Member

Watched a few minutes of Cyberverse and I have to agree with above statements that it's a bad show and I'm not sure of the purpose of it. They've made a toy line for it which baffles me along with awful voices and casting in characters (I loathe windblade and radio bee is annoying now).

TFP had a great and thrilling start but some of it became downright slapstick and there was some pretty poor story and character decisions imo.

RID was a decent show that didn't have too much to think about, a con on the loose round it up happy days, it was a formula that can be explored more with more nuance imo.

I don't really get why there isn't a show to accompany Siege like that should be the one you belt out and make an effort with it as most people want to see Cybertron and the war from the beginning.

As for Clone Wars and Rebels, I find it interesting when people put it on a pedestal because those shows have lots of faults and fillers like droid episodes and ones that go nowhere. The Clone Wars best episodes focused on the clones themselves or the Jedi but there seemed to be a reluctance to go all out with them. Rebels was ok but had lots of filler too and things added to the mythos that didn't fit at all.

9. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I didn't like Clone Wars that much was because like Cyberverse, I had a hard time liking the main cast. I found Obi-Wan the most tolerable of the three but even he had some colossal idiot/asshole moments like the time,
    he insisted a small farming village should just stand up to the pirates who were running an extortion racket in their community, which is like telling a small village in Mexico that they should just stand up to the cartel, except in this case, the cartel is an international organization in possession of actual weapons and tanks while the village is still just a small Mexican village where the closest thing they have to something that resembles a weapon is the stick they use to plow their fields.

I don't know what the writers was thinking when they were writing the script and dialogue for that episode. I also remember the episode where they tried to make a huge moral dilemma out of whether or not to shoot a guy threatening to blow up a ship because it'd make them hypocrites, which was ridiculous for a number of reasons including that most pacifist philosophies still allow room for self-defense be it acting for your own safety or that of someone else. Given that Satine was applying her pacifist philosophy to the whole planet of Mandalor, I doubt it was the absolute kind of pacifism because, you know, that would mean she would be tossing people in prison because they killed someone in self-defense and that would make her completely unsympathetic. She wouldn't be betraying her morals if she stood by and allowed the man to be killed or if she killed him herself because it'd be not only to save herself but to save everyone on the ship as well and it was literally the only option they had left.
    It was similar story and character decisions that caused me to watch the show selectively on an episode to episode basis. I second that clone episodes were some of the best.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019 at 11:24 AM
  10. PaxStarkist

PaxStarkist Casual G1 fan and 1st trilogy apologist

You mean like a Motion Comic?
    Those exist, Ya know.

11. AutobotStrider

I agree I had a lot of problems with it and ironically some of it was writing and voice talent too. The Anakin voice wasn't good and the voice of the Clones though very well established was left lacking because he didn't actually understand how to pronounce things like Temuera. Some really daft things happened like you said and the Ahsoka stuff bothered me to no end.

12. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Oh god, Ahsoka. I only warmed up to her at the very the end of the series. She was absolutely intolerable in the beginning of Clone Wars and although she did gradually get better over the course of it, the writing surrounding her character still had persistent problems that kept me from ever really liking her.

I think one of my biggest problems with Ahsoka's character can be summed up with two examples:

1. There's an episode in which Anakin, Obi-Wan and a small group of specially-selected clone troopers has to infiltrate some place for a very important mission so naturally, Ahsoka isn't allowed to come along on it because this isn't a regular trip and they can't just bring anybody along. She decides that since she really wants to go, it's perfectly alright for her to just smuggle herself onboard despite having been told no and having had it made clear why she couldn't come along. When she's discovered, she just lies and says that another Jedi Master said she could go. It's obviously a lie and they know it but they can't turn back now so they're forced to have her along. When they get back to the Jedi Temple, they bump into the Jedi Master who Ahsoka claimed said she could have come along and tell him what she said. It's clear from his reaction that he's aware he never said any such thing but instead of saying so and punishing Ahsoka for not only lying but endangering a mission and the people on it, he just goes "Oh well, I guess I did".

Ahsoka never faces any consequences for what she did despite the fact that she compromised an important mission for no other reason than because she wanted to be on it. I would have actually liked Ahsoka in this episode if it hadn't been for how infuriating the beginning and end of the episode was. During the mission itself, she listened to the others and followed orders and didn't do anything bad or annoying but that doesn't change the fact that she compromised a mission for incredible petty and self-serving reasons and showed no regard for how this could affect not only the mission's chances of success but also the people on it. She didn't care about the consequences and because the Jedi are terrible at parenting and really, discipline in general, she didn't learn to consider them in the future either.

2. In one episode, Ahsoka is actually punished for her actions by having to spend time in the Jedi Archives, which she finds boring. Anyway, she ends up doing something good and the Jedi decide to just end her punishment. Normally, I wouldn't be too bothered by this but I do have a problem with it happening to Ahsoka because one of her most persistent problems is that she does what she wants because she gets away with it and as long as things turn out well, she doesn't think she needs to learn anything. Giving her a pass on the rest of her punishment because she did a good thing basically validates this line of thinking: I'm doing a bad thing but I'm going to do a good thing so that makes it alright.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019 at 11:24 AM
  13. GoLion

GoLion You have a hot dog neck

News Credits:
    This is the first line in almost 20 years that I haven't bought at least one figure from.

• Like Like x 3
  14. AutobotStrider

I thought she was pretty insufferable too. My main issue was the plot armour she had from Filoni which is clear to see given she saw out rebels too. Taking that kill away from Vader was dirty and disappointing because that was the natural end. Apparently by the end of rebels she's an incredibly powerful individual who was crucial to the rebels. Well if she was that crucial why did Vader not catch/kill her or sense she was out there. Also if she was that important, why not train/assist Luke and Obi Wan? That's what happens when you mess about with events unnaturally and I was absolutely disgusted when they introduced a time plot to save her and then she spoofs about not disturbing what is supposed to happen and basically says fuck Kanan. Wasn't impressed.

15. TLK Barricade

If we're going to be discussing The Clone Wars and Rebels, please use spoiler tags from here on out. CaptainSlayer already said he hasn't watched either show yet, and I'm seeing several spoilers, some of which are pretty big.
    While I personally never found Ahsoka to be "insufferable," I do agree with some of the points you guys have made about her. Yes, she should have faced consequences for her actions more often, and she definitely should have died by Vader's blade in the second season.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AutobotStrider

The shows finished up years and months ago.

17. TLK Barricade

Just because they've been done for a while doesn't mean everyone knows everything about them. Again, CaptainSlayer said he hasn't watched them yet, and for all we know, there could be others who haven't, either.

18. AutobotStrider

Catch up so.

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    That’s just plain ignorant. He’s just asking you to be courteous to Slayer, there’s no reason to be acting like that.

Is wrapping your posts in some tags really that much effort for a guy who just wants to watch shows at his own pace?

I'm not going to go too in-depth since I'd rather save it for an actual discussion on the show, but Ahsoka is one of my favourite Star Wars characters. She didn't start that way, like pretty much everyone I hated her at first, but as time went on I warmed up to her because she did face consequences. Her failures were failures, and she either had to deal with them or work to resolve them. She also matured as the show progressed, which retroactively made her earlier childish behavior make sense in the grand scheme. I'm also glad she didn't die in her fight with Vader, even though the way she survived was total bullshit, because I like that the one character everyone was certain would die ended up surviving it all. :lol 

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019 at 9:46 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Came back. Saw request. Everything should be tagged now.

• Like Like x 2