Bay wants to start TF2

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by The Demolisher, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    Yep.

Bay didn't write the movie, and at the end of the day, we all know who his boss is. If you are going to get angry, get angry at the right people.

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's the worst idea ever. I got three words. Cyborg zombie Superman. That's reason enough to never let him near a movie like this.

4. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT. I have four more words...Planet Of The Apes.

5. Ed Bailey

Ed Bailey Must.. spend.. money...

Meh, still not a fan of MB after the first movie. NOTE: I realize ~$180 mil was low for giant robots, I realize he didn't write the movie, I realize a retelling of G1 would make no sense.

But the action shots were kind of disappointing. For someone who is known for explosions and supposedly awesome action -for the most part- all I saw was blur.

His attitude in any communication seems to be piss-poor.

The lack of Transformers was disappointing. Note: origin story, yeah, yeah. But the use of them as a comedic devices was silly, especially coming from someone who described G1 as silly. Please, MB, next time don't let "My bad", pissing robots, and hide-and-seek humor waste so much time in a action movie about giant robots. Seriously, you had like the coolest concept to work with and thats what your team spent time working on? Pee jokes? Masturbation jokes? TFs were a kids franchise at one time I thought.

Hasbro definitely should get some different writers and insist on a little more respect towards the TFs. Would also appreciate TFs being the main characters in a film with the same name.

Really, until these issues can be settled please tell MB to hold his horses. I know its making bank, but I don't think its cause folks are sitting around the water-cooler saying, "Whoa that new Transformer movie has masturbation jokes in it! You gotta see it, man! Your kids will get a blast!".

Transformers and a few humans can carry a movie without needing to go there. Hopefully the TF2 director can present a slightly classier movie. :-/

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Hey, that's not fair, every director makes mistakes once in a while.
    I'm mean hey, look at Armageddon, or Bad Boys, or that Transformers movie that just came out. Stinkers; the lot of them, and that guy Bay still has a job. Some how. LOL ;) 

7. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Amen to that brother. QFT.
    Actually someone I know made an interesting point about the 'low budget' of the movie. Think about how the action scenes were blurry, and REALLY close up, or blurry and far away, with very few medium shots to actually get a good look. The motion blur, and the hard to see close ups were probebly done to save $$ for rendering. And the same thing goes for the long shots, where you couldn't see any of the finer details on the characters. Probebly to save some more $$ on rendering as well.

9. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

If he hates the old stuff, and still produces stuff as good as the movie, I don't care.

10. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

Maybe he could hold the camera still a little more.

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Ehh, Have to disagree with you on that one. If it weren't for the old stuff, then their wouldn't be the new stuff. And if you hate the old stuff, and try to improve for the new stuff, then what kind of stuff are you going to use for reference? Who ever directs the new movie needs to at the very least appreciate the old stuff, because let's be honest, in any fandom, all the new stuff will usually come from the old stuff. And without some knowledge of appreciation of the old stuff you the only thing you can produce is bad stuff, such as the movie. And I like saying stuff! Stuff stuff stuff! I'm SOO Bored! Why am I still on this thread!?!?! LOL!

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I admit that some of the jokes were corny, but I am glad they were there to keep things lively and keeping people who don't normally like TF's entertained (and that's a good thing becuase more money and new fans are good for the franchise). I thought they needed more scenes like the hide and seek one simply because those really help build character, not so much the action scenes.

I very much enjoyed the movie, and from day one of hearing about I wanted good toys from it above all, and I got that, so now my feelings are going to be that way for the second movie.

Anyways, I must say that I am mostly concerned with the new writers as well. I can't say I am entirely too happy with the first writers based on the recently released interview where they didn't seem to care or have much insight on filling the plot holes in there scripts and writing in Prime as a wimp compared to Megatron. As far as MB goes, it's 50/50. Part of me wants to see what another director might do, but the other part of me is afraid they would make it much worse.

13. Lateralus

I enjoyed it regardless of its faults, and so did about 90% of the people who saw it, so anyone fighting against this movie are waisting their breath.

14. Ed Bailey

I wouldn't call the movie bad, disappointing for sure though. There was a lot of unnecessary stuff (hacker subplot, poor fluids humor) that I think a better director would have either left out or left for bonus features. It wasn't a great film, it wasn't the worst sci-fi movie, either. I'd say it was mediocre.

I'm hoping now that they have the TF ball rolling and some financial proof-of-concept that TF2 will be far better. They could definately devote some more time to robots and less to trashy humor. I like my Sandler/Ferrell/Carell flicks, those are fun to watch and you know they're for grown-ups, but with TFs you have kids who'll want to watch. I know I'm not the only person out there that doesn't want their kids/nephews/nieces to watch that kind of humor at that point in their lives though.

Whoever directs TF2 - be it Bay or not - I hope they can walk the line between kids film and blockbuster without resorting to that kind of stuff. :-/

15. Ed Bailey

Says you. Opinions are opinions and there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism. Might as well figure out areas of improvement, see improvement, and have less whining (self included) next go-around, right? Besides, I think mostly this thread is discussing Bay's merits/weak areas -- directly related to him wanting to start production.

16. Lateralus

I'd say that at least half of criticisms aren't very constructive at all, but yes, constructive criticism is necessary.

Personally I would like a different director maybe but I don't know anyone who could pull off something this big correctly...

17. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Transformers should have had deep plot and characters....Like the aliens in all the, well, Aliens movies. They (the Aliens) had so much character development that who can forget what-is-name? and not to mention whose-his-nuts?
    Summer blockbuster movies are awesome. Transformers are even more awesome, but character development, especially for the Decepticons may not ever happen, cuz just like those Aliens, they are gonna get killed off in each movie that gets made.
    The human element is what sells it to the intended masses, the american audience. The movie that the fans really want to see, well it would never get the budget, and would likely be put out in february with all the other "hmmm" movies that come out then.

18. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I admit, mediocre is a better use of words. It really wasn't a bad movie. I actually did like it inspite of it's faults. It's just I don't understand the whole 'OMFG this the best movie of all time, and Micheal Bay can do no wrong, and he my new god', and what ever else people have been raving about this flick, I just don't get it. Honestly, it sounds more like posing to me. I'm really not trying to ruffle any feathers here, I'm just stating my observations, it just sounds so fake to me. But all this raving about how incredibly fantastic the movie was, is really over the top. At least that's how I see it.
    If you really liked the movie; fine, I have no problem with your opinion. But as a cheesy summer flick it really wasn't bad. As the greatest movie of all time, you've got to be joking.

19. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Hmmm. Every so-called criticism of this film can be levelled at the beloved Generation 1 series held up as such a goal of excellence. Truly remarkable selective memory there from some people.
    Of course those criticisms remain valid, but not to the degree of ruining the film any more than the "cheesy dialogue" (sometimes embarassingly so), gaping plot holes and inconsistent character models have ever ruined the G1 series.

I quietly withdraw from TF 'fandom' for a while, as people like THE DEMOLISHER (SCRAGGIN 2), with their "I hate it so I'll ruin it for everyone else" mentality are souring the experience. I truly feel sorry for someone who virtually very single post has the need to undermine and rubbish a source of genuine pleasure for so many people, their only defence being the traditional bleat of "I have an opinion" (which translates as "only my opinion matters and you're all ignorant plebs".) - The film is a hit, people love it, and I have still yet to see it. I'll be damned if someone so full of themsleves they can't switch off their 'superiority circuit' for five minutes is going to ruin it for me. I'm better off well clear of people like that.

What a sad, sad way to live a life. I can only echo Kid Dynamite and say "Get over yourself - SERIOUSLY!".

and I'd thought I'd make it to 3000 posts before the film opened here..... :( 

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  20. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Few would argue that a rock concert is of higher quality form of entertainment than a Broadway musical performance, but which one do you think would have a more lasting impression on it's audience members? ;)