Bay wants to start TF2

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by The Demolisher, Jul 17, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Amazing news! Bay FTW!
    [​IMG]

However, this being a Demolisher thread, my good mood has been killed by the pointless rant.

2. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ok guys, I'm saying this once and only once, this thread even hints at going any more south then it already has and its gone. You have been warned.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Exactly! If you get nothing but pain and suffering from a hobby, then find a new one. Or if you just get pain from a particular forum, post in a different one. All this guy does is bash everything movie related, yet all he posts about is the movie. The only conclusion I can come to is that he seriously enjoys flame wars.

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Yessir! I've said my piece, consider it dropped.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^
    :lol 
    I was thinking of something I wanted to read in the Toyark, and then... well, there ya go.

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Way to screw up ams! :lol 

Yeah, because you traveled to the future, saw the movie, and TOTALLY know this.

Right.

7. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

And the plot/characterization were quite well done for a sci-fi action popcorn flick.

8. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

I do like Transformers. It is my hobby. Just because I express strong disagreement with certain decisions Hasbro or the movie people have made does not mean I do not like Transformers. Please do not make such ridiculous comments without backing them up.

Michael Bay is the one who's gone on record as not being too fond of Transformers, remember.

Uh, since when the hell do sales = quality? My god. It's a summer movie explodathan, of course it's going to make millions, and probably break a ton of records since it's the first with giant records.

What about the Critics? They're quite divided on it. Sure Critics are full of shit, but are you going to tell me the general public is better than people who are in some cases experts in that field?

... no, they're not. Why the hell is it a good idea to get a guy to direct a movie on something he expressly dislikes?

Michael Bay wasn't a fan of the material after working on it.

Uh, shit poor characterisation and lack of plot is not "just fine". I don't care if you're claiming that's all TFs can be, consider the hundreds of fantastically written Comic stories, it's more than insulting to come back and say that it has no substance and should remain that way. The least they could have done was adapted some of the stories from the comics. With all the plot TFs DID have in the comics, a movie based on a property who's fiction was originally derived from said comics should not have such a weak plot.

No, it isn't. A lot of people have been beaten into submission by people who can't deal with the fact that some people don't like the "Exciting new direction". If people were so universally accepting of it, why is there so much criticism of Bay in the comments I linked to?

This is the most sheerly idiotic, arrogant, infuriating thing I've ever heard said about this movie.

Nothing has to be just anything - Lord of the Rings spun out of the events of a Children's book. Many of the Transformers' comics, especially late G1 and G2, WERE epic. It IS more than the toys. To suggest that the movie should be otherwise, is what's total folly.

You've heard this argument countless times. I have no respect for someone so utterly shallow.

Honestly, this is the kind of nonsense that needs to be made an example of - not the "Haters". Their sheer lack of ability to comprehend anything based the most basic and common logic makes any kind of real debate impossible. Anyone who can't grasp that an epic tale can be spun out of just about everything,a nd who refuses to acknowledge the existence of epic tales FROM the original source material, probably isn't worth arguing with. All they want to do is piss on the "fanboys".

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    again where has he expressed dislike. where is the quote from bay cuz i aint seen it

10. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

The Decepticons were barely characters, and the Autobots were barely the lead characters. How in the hell is what you're saying possible?

This shouldn't have been a popcorn flick to begin with. Looking at the source material, it's unfair treatement. The G1 Transformers comic is every bit as good as your average Spider-man or X-men comic. It's not fair to treat a property that does have some really good source material to draw on like this.

11. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

So... I wonder how soon is soon when it comes down to starting TF2. Bay did have other plans, eg. Prince of Persia?

12. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

But the movie is epic, and Micheal Bay seems to really like the movie source material he had a hand in creating.

For someone asking other's to back up claims, you're saying MB said a lot of things without any links at all.

I don't even remember him saying he hated the cartoon. Just that it was based on toys, and he didn't want to do a toy movie, or something close to that.

Could you perhaps provide that support you seem to be asking for yourself?

And explain how the plot and characterization were bad in standard to the genre?

Thanks.

13. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Rumble02, the extreme bias towards the movie means that the comments weren't posted here on TFW2005's news. However, take a look through Seibertron's news archive and you'll find them soon enough.

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Link!?

15. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    or you could post them since you are so intent on proving your point.

16. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

"Like this?"

Like what? Differently? That doesn't sound like a very coherent or valid point, sir. The majority of Decepticons were presented as indifferent alien monsters, which does not require much characterization.

17. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

If Michael Bay hates Transformers, he's a glutton for punishment, what with wanting to start the sequel just after spending 3 years on the first Transformers film. ;) 

Maybe if Raimi hated Spiderman, then Spiderman 3 would have been as good as Transformers :p 

18. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

That's it, I just can't take fans that think their own fandom is nothing but a whole load of whimsical bollocks that never deserves anything more than a popcorn flick, that all depth should be discarded just because they were originally toys. I shouldn't need to apologise for believing in the imagination and wonder that made the comics what they were, as opposed to the bang and buck that made the money what it was.

There is nothing more absolutely fucking annoying than this mentality. It's every bit as bad as the nutty fanboy syndrome, only worse since it has a greater habit of assaulting people, acting like it's the ultimate reality towards those who don't conform to it's delusions.

Transformers should have had deep plot and characters. Michael Bay has a penchant from directing people away from that.

If you think otherwise, then I'm not quite sure what to say. But what you absolutely should NOT do, is act like anyone who wanted differently to what we got is just kidding themselves and they should change their opinions to be in line with yours.

Good night.

19. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

Oh, well all counter arguments to anything you say are in Seibertron's archives too, so you should stop right now, seeing as we won.

Or if you wouldn't like your skewed logic applied, you could post a link.

20. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

I like popcorn flicks more than anything else. I like instant gratification and sharp goofy humor in my movies.

It's not that it can't be anything more, it's just that I think what it is, is really great.

Besides, if someone besides MB directed they won't turn it into some brooding dark story with mean indifferent robots, it's going to follow along the same lines it is now.

A story centering around giant robots fight, with a light epicy story, and human intervention thrown into the mix. That's what Transformers has always been, and this is a more mature and updated version.

Which seems to be what you're bitching about in the first place.