Bay wants to start TF2

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by The Demolisher, Jul 17, 2007.

1. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=11162

I don't know about everyone else, but this pisses me the hell off. Even if he did an okay job with the first, I'm tired of hearing him ranting about how much he, essentially, hates Transformers.

He thinks the cartoon is pure shit, and doesn't even seem to know the comic exists.

The best directors we've had for these kind of movies have been directors that are fans of the source material. Spider-man and X-men most notably.

I just think that nothing is more retarded than the notion that a non-fan would do things best. Not only that, Bay is more than a non-fan, he's an anti-fan.

I was really banking on TF2 to be more... Transformery. Now, I think that it might end up deviating even more than the original did, esp. now that certain people that tried to keep it closer to the source material are gone.

Bay is the problem here. He's the one that made the decisions, such as to change Starscream, and the flames on Prime, that really divided the fanbase.

I want someone who not only better respects the source material(preferably the COMICS not the cartoon, I would adore a movie heavily based on the Marvel comic) but who has a genuine creative vision of their own, to take Transformers into genuinely exciting new territory.

Bay/his design team and Hasbro wrestled a lot over things, is the impression I got. I don't think Hasbro will be too happy to go through that again(not that they really give a shit about the fans, but they do care somewhat about the properties they own and brand recognition, obviously).

I wanted someone that would focus on the bots as characters. I think Tim Burton would be perfect for that, as most of his movies focus on relating to the unusual, plus I've always wanted a dark, more stylish Transformers.

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Keep the ranting in the movie forum, dude.

Otherwise, this is GREAT news!

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    woohoo! yay!

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Why do you post on these boards? Every single post you make is how you hate this, hate that. Why would you spend so much time on a forum that brings you so much pain?

5. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

The movie was bombass dude, just because there were flames on prime and starscream didn't look like he use to it didn't make the movie less bombass. I don't think hasbro gave a rats ass because they are gettin rich off the new toys and merchandise. If anything I bet they want him to hurry up and get the next movie out so they can get More money.

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please don't get him started. Trust me, we'll all pay.

7. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Because I wish to express my opinion?

Why are mindless cries of "Yahoo" acceptable, yet ranting is not? They are both expressing opinion, only one is doing so more intelligently than the other.

I have no idea why people are celebrating this. I noticed on Seibertron which came to like the movie, people who enjoyed the movie are still uneasy over it.

The lack of characterisation and plot are going to be there all over again. Why is this something to celebrate when there are so many directors that could do better? What is it about Bay that there is to celebrate?

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Why do they keep showing that pic of Bay that makes him look like Kevin Sorbo? It freaks the hell out of me

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

That is the worst "reporting" I think I have ever seen.

"Micheal Bay sez..." where's your source? Ugh.

Over $250 million dollars in box office takings disagrees with "ok job".

And that matters, why, exactly. Everyone has argued this point ad infinitum, and most are now eating crow.

Singer was not a fan of the material until he started working on it. And Bay did just fine without. Who cares?

"Anti-fan"? Good god.

Such as, what do you know about movie 2 that we all seem to be missing?

Which is now mostly "re-united" after seeing the movie. Go figure...

It's a movie about toys, get over it. It's never going to be more than that. Ever. To expect otherwise is total folly.

Again, where is your basis for this? It's idle speculation at best and Toy Sales will likely keep Hasbro more than happy for the rest of the year.

Again, a movie about toys, it's not going to happen.

Man, you sure like to go off on one based on a single snip of a quote.

10. GogDog

News Credits:
    Well most people have a hobby because it brings them pleasure. I'm sure there's a better one out there for you. Unless of course your hobby is creating discontent and diarrhea, then you are in the right place.

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The Demolisher threads are always so fun!

12. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Please don't clog up the news, good or bad, with more pointless ranting. You make some good points and that's fine. However, there's a time and place for it, not that your 'opinion' hasn't been addressed many times over, that's all. I'm not trying to be a mod, just imo.

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Sounds neat. It'll be interesting to see if Bay is more open to creative input this time around.

Like it was said before by...Orci? I can't remember who said it now, but Bring on the Dinobots and the Constructicons!!

14. GogDog

News Credits:
    No, he just gets off on exactly what he is causing now. I have never used the ignore list before, but now might be a good time to learn it. I base this not on this post alone, but the majority of his 202.

15. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

Bay Is Drectin Mah Sewquil

Runin Mah Cheldhud Agin!

<_<

EDIT: Oh, Demolisher seems lame.

16. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

where does it say that he thinks the cartoons are crap? i didnt see a full article anywhere. just a blurb

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i am in agreeance (yes i know theres no such word, its a jab at...).

this is why i stopped hanging around SW collectors. wah wah hasblow wah wah darth vader AGAIN wah wah lucas

it amuses me how ppl tend to forget what got them into the hobby in the 1st place and becomes just habit rather than hobby. its like a form of masochism.

im not saying you cant complain. but if complaining is the only thing you do, well...

18. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, I meant to move this to the Movie forum and hit the wrong button. I'll get it fixed.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

An attention whore eh? *cracks knuckles*

20. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ams: okaaaay, click move thread...DOH