Bay: "Twins basically gone." Misinformation or truth?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Leadfoot, Jun 13, 2010.

?

"Twins Gone" Misinformation or truth?

1. Misinformation

38 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. Truth

47 vote(s)
    55.3%
  1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Here's my argument on the subject. I vote truth. Here's why:

Not even someone like Michael Bay, who basically thumbs his nose at all criticism (and thank goodness, or he'd never get anything done) can possibly stand against the political correctness machine. Once racial controversy is introduced, everybody is ready to drop association with it like a bag of hot bricks.

I am glad the twins are gone, not because I think they're a racist creation (they aren't), but because of the mass reaction to it. That reaction coming mostly from white people who have only superficial or no contact with african americans. It's the source of contention, arguments and worse yet, it puts a layer of tarnish on a brand I love, the Transformers.

So, I do think they're gone.

2. ThunderTalon

ThunderTalon Renegade Bounty Hunter

if true why they show pics of their new looks

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I believe they have a brief cameo to establish continuity, but that's it.

4. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I think the twins will be like ratchet was in rotf. Barely there. Or they will get killed off early by shockwave. That would be awesome.

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    misformation WHY?
    1. They bay fan characters
    2. They we Have Seen Their new chev yspark alt mode EVEN THERI ODL ICE CREAM MODE!

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    ^Remember Barricade last time? We all thought he was gonna be in the film, but he wasn't. Maybe just some of the same thing.

I'm pretty sure this is legit. I hate the Twins, so I won't be sad to see them gone besides a few funny one-liners.

Another thing, eagc7, I'm not trying to be rude, but please, for the love of God use the spell check button whenever you post something. There's a little button with a check under ABC. Use it, and it'll make things easier.

7. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It'll be like Jar Jar in Star Wars Ep. 2 and 3. The twins will still be there in the background and maybe have a couple of lines, but they won't factor in to the storyline in any major way and hopefully have very little screen time.

8. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

i say truth. bay isn't the brightest bulb in the box, but it'd be foolish to include them extensively in TF3 given the backlash from the 2nd film.

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i Click on it but it says i have to download ispell (and currently i have no plans for download it)

10. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Wait a minute, so they are going to vote to give extra powers to Megatron to allow him to defeat the new threat but it is going to turn out to be a trick and then everyone is gonna act poorly and ruin a franchise that is beloved by millio...... ouch, my Star Wars joke got way too similar, it stings a bit :( 

11. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'll help if you do though.

And I think they're down to a minimal role - the cars have been sighted but that doesn't mean they'll appear much or even say anything.

12. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think this is the route he's gonna take. Which is honestly what I wanted, I'd prefer having the Twins than just dropping them with no explanation, like Barricde.

13. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm wondering in my sleep deprived brain that maybe the twins will have some sort of personality change? so the ROTF twins are gone.... but the TF3 twins are more mature, less stereotype specific characters?

As i mentioned, i'm sleep deprived atm, so if the theory is rubbish... i blame that LOL

14. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're the Jar Jar of the series, so they're being phased out.

15. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    As posted in another thread: Maybe they took the idea having them combine into Shockwave. So possibly their change in color and altmodes, so they better fit Shockwave.

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Their other brother will arrive on Earth and they'll be revealed to be triplets. So the twins will indeed be 'basically gone'. :) 

And the third brother will be aptly named 'Outcast'.

Anyways, I don't think it's misinformation per se, just bending the words to try and make it sound like maybe something other than it is. Making people think it is different but it's open to interpretation.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Even George Lucas who is so set in his ways had to do something about Jar Jar Binks so I think Bay is in the same spot. No matter what his personal feelings are toward the characters he knows that butts in seats are important for big summer films so why risk people not attending over characters who are not vital to the story.

Given that the films tend to take place two years apart in movie time it's possible we may only see them in some flash back where Prime catches the viewer up on what has happened in the time between films. Or perhaps they will get killed early on to darken up the mood and make it look like the Autobots might not win this time.

18. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I'd prefer to see them more of background Autobots, but I don't think that's going to happen for two reasons.

1- They're Bay's favourite characters from ROTF. He came up with them himself, no way he's going to shelve them for TF3.

2- They have new alt modes- They wouldn't waste money on giving the Twins new alt modes if they weren't going to be in it.

Honestly, it doesn't even bother me. I liked the Twins, so I'd be happy to see them return, which I believe they will.

19. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I believe they will have just enough screentime to sell some new toys.

I'm not against the twins' further inclusion, it all depends on how their scenes are handled. Incidentally, we all know how unpopular they were with critics and adult fans, but is there any info on how they were received by kids? Bay said he put them in to appeal to kids, so who knows, maybe they did? I've seen Mudflap shelfwarming a bit, but the twins seem to have been in so many waves I wouldn't be surprised if they sold quite well overall.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Just have someone say they're on attachment to the British branch of N.E.S.T. and leave it at that. No need to kill anyone. And then they could also come back as chavs instead of wankstas.