Bay to continue directing TF series ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    the 1st film was really good, atleast to me, but not for many. I like Bay being in charge of the TF franchise, but who else would be a good candidate for the upcoming sequels to come? Frankly I hope Bay continues directing, "ofcourse time will tell"..

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tim Burton's Transformers.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Solely for the sake of keeping things consistent, I think Bay should remain on board up until TF3. And I imagine he will.

Wait 2-5 years, then completely relaunch the franchise again with an all new set of movies, new director, new writers, etc. the same they have done with a few other comic/superhero franchises in the past.

But who knows. Since it seems that a lot of franchises now want to expand beyond just being 3-part trilogies (Indianna Jones, Spider-Man, Pirates, etc.), Bay may very well stay on for 4-5 installments if it remains successful enough.

4. Xformermike

Xformermike Well-Known Member

Christopher Nolan
    Sam Raimi
    David Slade
    Troy Duffy

.... anyone but Michael "Character destroyer" Bay would help this movie out. He can stay on to direct the action scenes though, but that's it, and he still needs guidance on how to pull those off without having nobody knowing what's going on in the shot.............

Ugh, terrible that they are wasting their money on this over hyped director knock off...

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    For the sake of continuity, I hope he sticks in for these movies. Maybe a different director can start it up in the future with different designs and a different story. Kinda like the new Batman movies compared to the one's started by Burton.

6. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Yeah, and it's even worse that Hasbro and company have made so much profit from the movie alone, not to mention the huge success of the movie toys who's character designs were heavily influenced by Michael Bay's decisions. What a waste of money.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    That didn't take long. Usually the Bay bashing and sarcastically defensive retorts don't start until page 2 of threads like these. :) 

8. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But on the flipside of things it did bring in new fans into the fold & old fans back out of the woodwork. ;) 

9. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Why wait 'till page two? :lol 

I do admit that I didn't enjoy the movie as much as I would have liked to, but to say it was a waste of money getting Bay to direct Transformers is a rather bland statement especially since we all know that the movie franchise was a huge success for Hasbro/Paramount.

10. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I may not think much of Bay as a director, but I want him to finish the trilogy at the very least. Though his future as director is questionable. He's only done one sequel before so he may not want to come back for a third installment.

And to answer the question, I'd really love for Ridley Scott or Luc Besson (sp?) to direct eventually.

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I hear ya. My own personal views of Bay and his take on TF aren't too positive either, but rather than nitpick or complain about it (anymore), I choose to just view & address it objectively. It is what it is and won't be changing anytime soon, so people should either just deal with it or move on. I'm all for differing opinions - I just hate it when people get SO extreme on either side. IMO, the blind praise is just as bad as the blind hate.

Ooh I feel so diplomatic, haha.

12. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Whatever. If Michael Bay quit, you people would just start bitching about the next director, and it wouldn't matter a damn who it was.

Welcome to the Unpleasable Fanbase.

13. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Maybe... But if we were to find out that someone like Peter Jackson were to direct Transformers 3 would we be upset? It just comes down to who it is that's directing the movie.

14. tnasoundlug

tnasoundlug Well-Known Member

If Bay is off, I want somebody that actually gives a "#"k of Transformers... many good directors do bad movies with caracthers that they don't care so much.

Bay seems to have at least some care of Transformers, even if its only to be :bay 

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I figure we are pretty much stuck with him for three films. Seems to be the popular thing these days to tie everyone into the three movies thing.

After the third film I really hope we get someone else in the directors chair and different artist to design the robot modes. As to which director exactly that's a tough call because it's hard to say what a director will actually bring to a film. For all we know some new hot director might just be getting started to be ready by film #4.

Just seems to be the Hollywood thing to want to shake things up with a franchise so that it doesn't become stale. I mean just look at how many Bond directors we've had over the years or how a franchise like Harry Potter changed up the directors chair several times.

But yea I will not be one bit sad to see Bay go one of these days and if he'd like to take some his hardcore fan boys with him then he's more than welcome to take them :D 

16. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Chris Nolan would win. If he could pull off what he did with Dark Knight and do the same with Transformers, it would be epic.

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Oh I really like Chris Nolan's work. Now that's a director. I'm not a fan of Bay, and I would like to see an actual directer take charge of the Transformers movies one day.

18. krade

krade Well-Known Member

kurt wimmer as a pretty unique style but never got a big budget movie,i would like seeing him get one of the the next one

len wiseman or timur bekmanbetov would be great choice too

19. tnasoundlug

tnasoundlug Well-Known Member

The problem is that franchises not only had some sort of respect (even if its cynical) and obsene success... they are also national icons in their country.

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    It'll never happen, of course, but I would love James Cameron in charge.