Bay Talks Tf4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by sideswipeprime*, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideswipeprime*

sideswipeprime* Cybertronian

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hit the jump.

‘Transformers 4

“It’s not a reboot, that’s maybe the wrong word,” Bay said. “I don’t want to say reboot because then people will think we’re doing a Spider-Man and starting from the beginning. We’re not. We’re taking the story that you’ve seen — the story we’ve told in three movies already — and we’re taking it in a new direction. But we’re leaving those three as the history. It all still counts. I met with the writer before I went off to do ‘Pain and Gain’ and we talked about a bunch of ideas. We let that simmer for a bit. He’s been thinking about stuff and now we’re getting back together next week to see what we’ve got and to see if it gels.''

2. sideswipeprime*

sideswipeprime* Cybertronian

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Opps already posted

Erase post.

3. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

Cool scale. Jetfires that big huh? Thats why I love playing as him in the ROTF game. His melees are so strong! I kill tons of Sideways.

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting article. I wonder if thus will truly be his last though. I'm sure he's tired of making the same characters do similar things.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    If you're able to get to a Sideways, he deserves to die.

6. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I wonder why Bay wants to make this with a smaller budget. I know that the CGI must be cheaper to do by now, but aren't the characters getting redesigns? That would probably raise the CGI budget. The budget would also be increased because we've been told that this one will focus more on the robots and it will be increased further if they go into space. Of course they are just speculating right now, but I wonder how it will turn out.

7. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    If it is his last, it better be damn good. I've lost faith in the movies but I do love DOTM.

8. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

How could you lose faith if you love DOTM?:p 

Anyways, I hope they keep Optimus and BB's design similar.

9. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Get rid of Prime's flames and make Bumblebee the size of Jazz.

10. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Going back to Orion Pax days. Every movie is about restoring Cybertron, next one won't be exception.

11. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Except there's no way possible to restore Cybertron now.

12. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Time travel.

Going to space = forget GM sponsor money = lower budget.

13. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Because although I like the movie, I'm disappointed with Shockwave's small role and how short the fight with Bumblebee and Soundwave was.

And as much as I like the driller, all that animation could've went towards characterizing the Autobots. I would've loved to have seen more of Dino and Sideswipe since he didn't get to do much in ROTF. More Ironhide would've been nice as well before he got killed.

14. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

It's not him cutting his budget by 30 mil, it's the studioheads. I've never understood that logic/gameplan. Story goes that a movie that does well gets a sequel, but every sequel usually gets three-fourths of the previous budget upon each sequel. Or something to that effect.

TFs just pulled in one point something billion dollars. Seems like an odd time to tighten the belt. Hopefully, it won't look cheap.

15. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Time travel would be an unique change here. Also means possible resurrections of fan favorites.

16. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Didn't they mention that it could take place in the future (or at least hint at it?)

17. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    No, not the future! I really like that the past three movies took place in the present. :wink: 

18. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

From the way I understood it surviving existing characters might have slight changes like what they went through from the first three movies, not complete redesigns. Although new characters were said to have a new direction in their designs.

19. abc55abc55

abc55abc55 Banned

I hope the lower budget thing isn't true, I love the epic CGI effects, and if he's talking about having space involved, then I really don't think a lower budget is a good choice.

20. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Lower budget does not automatically equal "less special effects", "less CGI" and "less robots" that everyone keeps worrying about.

Iron Man 2's budget was less than Iron Man. The Harry Potter films' budgets vary greatly, some sequels' budgets are more, and some are less. Pirates 4's budget was lower than Pirates 3 and yet Pirates 4 had more visual effects shots. The difference being what the visual effects were (massive maelstroms and Davy Jones vs. set extensions, island environments, living ships). Which, for Transformers, could mean fewer new robots, instead, they'd concentrate on the ones we have. A shorter runtime which could equate to both fewer human and robot sequences, which would both affect the budget. Less globe-trotting means fewer locations and sets, which could mean lower budget. Smaller cast could mean lower budget. There are dozens of things that affect the budget. As of right now, we now virtually nothing other than the fact that they're aiming for a smaller budget. Now, only time will tell whether or not the decreased budget will or will not have a severe effect on the robots or not. But for now, why don't we all just calm down and not jump to those conclusions, eh? :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.