bay seems to not have learns lessons from ROTF, but it there are more positives

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Aug 5, 2010.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

now every day, and every week goes by more of the cast is announced, more transformers are revealed.

also my thoughts on ROTF since I am a new member here too

Now the negative part on ROTF and how to get it right for T3

For transformers fans like myself hoping that T3 will redeem itself from the mess that was ROTF, we are all hoping the reason why ROTF was such a mess was? that the writers strike is the reason why ROTF was such a rudderless ship, yes it was entertaining but so much useless scenes could have been cut, to develop the 3 biggest names in ROTF, optimus prime, megatron, and the fallen, all 3 were so underused it is not even funny.

lets look at optimus prime - all prime fans will only even like ROTF because of how bad ass prime was he seemed so angry, owning megatron and the decepticons, crushing the fallen, but? by the time megatron kills prime in the forest, and when prime returns the movie is almost over, that's well over an hour of filming time optimus prime is never in the film, also he never once said megatrons name in ROTF like he never met him before

megatron - a bad ass in transformers and truly a monster in T1, he returns and he is a servant of the fallen, when megatron if bay and co even looked into megatrons personality in the cartoons he never bows down to anyone, some say he is stronger than no1. Yet he is way too bulky and slow, he basically has one arm, how can he supposed too fight a upgraded prime with one arm, and his screen time is has limited has T1

the fallen - what was the point of this guy in ROTF, he must have had no more than 10 minutes of screen time overall, and the title ROTF, what is his revenge, when a more perfect title would be return of the fallen, bay on commentary says they ran out of time so they had too rush the final fight between prime megatron and the fallen.

Now what scenes could he have removed to give these 3 transformers more screen time.

yea he could have removed the pointless college introduction with Sam

not even bothered having the twins in the movie

do not even bother having the parents in ROTF

never develop the pointless relationship Sam had with fox's character

you eliminate the douche bag character that tagged along with Sam and co

also the battle 10 minutes could have been cut instead of pointless scenes where there is so much explosions going on, lets not forget robot heaven LOL

now T3
    Bay seems to have cut some of the fat, not bringing back megan fox, negative part he is replacing like for like with another pretty girl. But the PPL who are casted for T3 is exciting, like bay announced he tends too cut the goofy comedy and go for a darker route, but some of the transformers brought back worries me, like? the twins and Wheelie, these 3 alone can destroy any movie, like jar jar binks can alone, just give you enough of a headache to make you have a overdose on painkillers.

I want more airtime for optimus prime, megatron, Soundwave, and new transformer Shockwave, more deaths for the autobots and the humans, and less comedy and go for a more gritty darker movie, because transformers is a perfect film that can be a really dark edgy movie. But with micheal bay incharge I have my doubts

So overall there are positives but there a phew things that concern me, if the twins and wheels were removed, and no new pretty girl was replaced with megan fox, I can see bay really evolving transformers and he is solving the wrongs in ROTF, but the problems that ravaged ROTF may still be there but I do not seeing it has poor has ROTF.

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Well i cna expalin one of the thinghs in rotf

Twisn and wheelie, they are bay favs

Megatron worknig with fallen, FOr that Rembmer that Fallen is the first decepticon and Even strogner than Meagtron, Aslo i nteh comcis he Sayed to megatro nthat he would have the control on cyebrtron, after he had compelted hsis mission

so yeah

oh and there will be alto fo death of human characters

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

All characters have a reason for being present in all of the movies. To sell toys.

4. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    You are making no sense. The twins and wheelie were a big part of the main plot. You cant just cut them like barricade, who got 5 minutes of screentime.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Well the Twins are back reguardless, we've seen them. I do think they may be toned down this time around though. (Which sucks since Bay had to acknowledge the "Waah-waah-racist" comments just to shut people up.)

And I don't get how Skids, Mudflap and Wheelie destroyed RotF in the slightest. They weren't obnoxious, they weren't totally and completely focused on and they weren't overly goofy to the point of being completely cartoon. They were comedy characters done right. Same with Jetfire. It's just people are too busy raging to really look and listen to them.

6. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

Wheelie's back, according to Nelson.

7. megatron6661

really well jar jar binks had a big part in star wars ep 1 that still does not justify the point of even creating that character that was a crime on star wars, well the twins and wheelie could have had had different personalitys that did not have too annoy the fuck out of the audience, dont forget the small transformer in T1 similer too wheelie that was not half has annoying. I tell you remove the twins out of ROTF becomes a 7/10.

the biggest crime in bays filming career is? the twins getting more screen time than optimus prime

yea I can understand that, but megatron came across has almost the fallens bitch which was different too how we saw him in T1

8. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Correction: Annoying to YOU, not the entire audience. When in the theater every scene with the Twins and Wheelie that was supposed to be comedic was met with laughter.

It's fine that you don't find them funny, most fans don't. But that doesn't mean the entire audience thought they were annoying too.

And saying they're the biggest reason the movie sucks is completely overblown. Again, fans seem to let their rage fuel their train of thought instead of looking at the big picture.

9. megatron6661

when they get more screen time than prime then that says where ROTF was a mess, the twins and wheelie was 40% reason why ROTF was shocking, we can add the plot, the college introduction, sams annoying mother, we can add the douche bag college room mate of sam, the rushed action sequences towards the end, and just wasted over blown action sequences in the egypt battle.

the twins and wheelie are def jar jar binks of transformers, and the twins and wheelie are just how south park summed up their episode with the Jackovasaurus of their disgust of goerge lucas's awful star wars ep1, now 20 minutes of Jackovasaurus is enough, 2 and half hours now that type of characters is enough too and should annoy 80% of the audience.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The new characters had more screen time than the ones who were in the previous movie?! WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!

11. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Right, because Skids, Mudflap and Wheelie were the only characters in the entire movie and took up the entire 2 1/2 hours..

It's like someone said in the Wheelie thread. Why can't fans just accept that "Hey. These characters aren't the norm." and move on. It's been over a year now and people still rage about how "stupid and racist" they were.

12. megatron6661

now for me they were not racist they just offended me because they annoyed the hell out of me. I do not want 2 and half hours of seeing jar jar binks in transformers form, ep1 was enough for me. And these characters were the tip of the iceberg, there was so much more went wrong with this movie, with so many wasted scenes. Like I said megatron prime and the fallen should have got more air time and thats the main gripes I have with ROTF

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    You forgot to mention that Sideswipe and Jolt got a raw deal and Demolishor and Sideswipe are effectively lynched and murdered while minding their own business.

-----------

I think Megatron remains un-named as they were considering calling him Galvatron at one point.

14. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

I agree like 100% with everything Opticron Primal has said so far

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I think some people are confusing screen time with screen presence.

16. megatron6661

megatron, optimus prime and the fallen never got enough screen time. Too be honnest all the decepticons all got a raw deal, and prime like I said by the time he returned the film was almost over.

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    It's cheaper to waste a few hundred thousand filming pointless scenes with to many different human characters in than it is to give Jolt or Sideswipe something interesting to do at great expense.

But there's also a certain lack of planning and imagination and implementation going on - I'm sure all these movies would be so much better if they were properly planned out in advance and not made in such a slap dash fashion.

I don't mind most of the elements in the TF live action Movies I just would re edit and rebalance them in different ways.. and reduce both of the movie's running time by 20 minutes.

18. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Can someone please..... tell me if the movie was called transformers.... Or Optimus Prime, Meagtron, and the Fallens movie.
    Someone is gonna cry that some transformer didnt get enough screen time. Just ask anyone looking for soundwave to get more time. And yeah and im sorry to say they have new bots so they are gonna have to tell those brief stories also... So dont look for this movie to be better...........

19. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Again, I think you're confusing screen time with screen presence.

20. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Please, Dont be my voice, I liked wheelie i thought he was funny. And i also thought the brothers was kinda funny also. People who took racism from that movie are just trying to steer up trouble imo