Bay Says That Transformers 2 is Still on Track

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deefuzz, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nelson of ShootForTheEdit.com recently posted a comment on their message boards in response to the previously reported comment by Orci regarding the writer's strike possibly pushing back Transformers 2.

The post can be viewed on Bay's forums by clicking here.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hope it stays on schedule.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Sorry, I still remain pretty skeptical. As good of a job as I thought he did on the first movie, and as much as I loved it, I have to admit I trust Bay about as much as I trust Vladimir Putin. I.e., not at all.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Kind of had my hopes on the film being delayed until Bay could do more than just explosions and car chases in a film. Then again I'm not sure if any of us are young enough to live that long.

5. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I will believe this when we actually get some shooting done. Until then he's blowing hot gas like every other director that says "Oh yeah were on track! We just don't have a script. Or cast." Not that, that statements exactly applies to TF2.

6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there an actual completed draft for TF2 yet?

7. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe they got the draft done early? I hope it comes to theaters then but i dont want it rushed to where it looses the value that was in the first one. I really loved the first one i dont want it ot be like spiderman where they just make sequals to be making them and they turn out crappy.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

question, has bay ever, actually, made a sequel movie before?

all the movies i heard of that he's made are just that, one movie, no trilogy's or anything, so this should be interesting.
    edit: oh he did do bad boy's 2, and texas chain saw remakes, but remakes don't count.

9. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Script in hand or not, in June '08 both the SAG and DGA contracts are up. If the Writers' strike isn't settled by then, things might be get even worse for the studios.

Sure, you can make a Michael Bay movie without a script (doesn't he usually?:wink: ), but can it be done without actors or even Bay himself?

Maybe Bay will drop out of his guild like Robert Rodriguez did w/ Sin City so TF2 can stay on schedule.

It's a little bit way too early for saying TF2 definitely will open on schedule. The production may be on schedule as of now, but that doesn't mean it will stay that way.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds like typical Bay "Rah-Rah everything's going great" talk to me.

The movie either will be delayed or it won't, with the likelyhood shifting to 'will' with each unresolved day. It's not like Transformers is the only thing affected

11. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's interesting to hear the writer say that it's most likely not going to happen on schedule, but the director says it will. It makes me think there is only a rough script finished, which means it may pale in comparison story wise to the first movie. I hope this doesn't get thrown together and kill the franchise before it's even got a chance to really get going.

On the other hand I'd love to see another Transformers movie in 2 years.

12. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

I loved the first movie, but it has to act as just the setup. I would HOPE that for the second movie we will get a bit more indepth storyline, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would it be delayed? Who in Hollywood's name has ever heard of these "writers" everyone keeps talking about?

All kidding aside, Bay saying it's on track at the moment means very little. Bat saying it will release on a certain date for sure... well, writer's strike or not, a million and one things can happen to halt production of a movie, so that's pretty arrogant.

14. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Amazingly, this still hasn't been discussed over at DM.net yet.

15. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

What's gonna happen is what's gonna happen. No point talking about it this early on. I'm sure we can all find better things to do with our time then discuss this over & over again from now until 2009 or 2010. It's a useless waste of time that adds up to absolutely nothing.

16. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd bet anything this is in response to Orci and the writing teams contrary statement that was released earlier this week. In any case I hope its true. I can't imagine the film would actually benefit from being delayed like I know some people hope. If anything I imagine that delays would lead to personnel changes which would lead to the movie getting butchered any of ninety million ways.

17. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Wow I really wish I had that kind of blind faith/optimism. Cuz I don't.

18. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

In other news Michael Bay (lucky director of Transformers) announced today that he had found the cure for cancer and really hates Cheetos.

Following day..........Bay has issued a statement that he retracts his statement from yesterday. He actually loves Cheetos now and apologizes to Chester Cheetah for the insult to the tasty treat.

19. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

don't know if that's a good or bad thing. on one hand we don't have to wait over 2 years. on the other the story might be pretty crappy.

20. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

Hahahah! Excellent!