Bay say's Megan Fox "Says Some Very Ridiculous Things"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Overlord54, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's taking credit for four other actors careers just to drag down the actress in his current flick. He's a self-important asshole. His defense doesn't even make sense. All she pointed out was the painfully obvious, Bay's movies are not about flexing your acting skills - they're about delivering the damn lines and doing the action scenes, that's it. Emotions range from afraid to angry and little else. He used her comment as an opportunity to build himself up, namedropping these four other successful guys, absolutely implying their careers somehow would've failed without him or perhaps not been what they turned out to be. Completely uncalled for.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  3. Coolyfett

Now thats deep. Man are you a great poster.

4. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Perhaps...just maybe...they are both tremendous, arrogant douchebags.

It's a possibility.

- Coeloptera

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Better than you.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    QFT.

7. LadyIronhide

LadyIronhide Autobot Mistress

*cracks her knuckles before she begins* Alrighty, so we have Megan Fox who is all looks and obviously not much brains to keep her mouth shut. Next we have Michael Bay known for never keeping his mouth shut. So, what's that old saying? Two wrongs don't make a right. I guess in the end both are great tools for one another.

"Kinda reminds me of these "new" transformer fans." - Coolyfett
    Coolyfett, what do ya mean by that? The kids or the wanna-be-fifteen-again adults? *big shiny smile complete with "piiiing" sound effect*

8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That and that and that and that and that...all of it.

I don't get the vitriole for Megan Fox. I'll wait five-to-ten years before I know for sure if she's an inept actress with great looks and a great body, or if she can act and gets to show that over time once the movies with giant CGI robots as costars are in her rearview mirror. Plus I don't get what's wrong with a woman being a bit blunt and saying what's on her mind, even if what's on her mind isn't always very politically correct or even very nice (though the article Michael Bay's reacting to hardly seems to be an attack on him as much as admitting the obvious; pretending both TF films are about great acting to play nice in public would've/should've brought her justified ridicule). She speaks her mind...so what? She's allowed. Women who don't play cutesy and nice and all that crap tend to get the shaft and it bugs the shit out of me.

9. Coolyfett

Fans that say

"Transformers is great look at all the money it makes!! Its popcorn movie!"

I guess we can't eat pizza and watch TF2 since it is only a "popcorn movie"

10. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

My problem with her (and it seems to bother quite a few people) is her lack of respect and being grateful for getting a massive head start in her career thanks to one man picking her for his big blockbuster movie.

Is Transformers a Gone With The Wind epic? No.
    Should it be considered as such? No.
    Is it noteworthy, careermaking, and bankable? YES.

For that alone, she should be insanely thankful that she had a piece of the pie. She's right, the movies really aren't about acting, but what she's missing is she's the only one who isn't acting. She's a block of wood with an attractive face and a set of big knockers. The rest of the cast not only can act, but they can do so quite well and it shows in a movie series like Transformers.

If they couldn't act, then the whole thing would be an absolute waste. One of my biggest problems with the movieverse was that the characters were worth giving a damn about, and they really performed quite admirably, but they just weren't given enough story to work with.

Fox, on the other hand, had one of the biggest roles and had nothing to do but stand there and look pretty. Does she have any idea how many actors or actresses would kill for that? Hell, that's one of the easiest paychecks to collect.

"All I had to do was stand there, look pretty, run from a preset explosion or two, and flub a line here and there. Who wouldn't want to do that?" is what she should be saying. But instead, she has these little snide comments and overall shitty attitude.

Shia has literally given blood, sweat, and tears to these films and he's still thankful to be part of the experience.

I will admit, I was impressed by Fox's performance this time around. You could tell she really tried this time, and it actually made for a better experience. I'll give her that much credit.

Sure, it's not going to win any Oscars (which was definitively proven with The Golden Compass winning the last time), but it's entertaining, the public has embraced it, and they have become stars overnight. To be a part of that is something that should make you feel wonderful, make you feel a sense of "Wow. I'm here, I finally made it.", not make snide comments and snub the fans.

That's my problem with Megan Fox. She has the potential to take Hollywood by the balls and make it her world, but she's not putting the effort forth to do so, and she's biting the hand that feeds her.

Bay's right, she needs to grow up a little about all of this.

He's wrong about his point of view on the actors he's made "big". They had the potential to be big long before he got his hands on them. However, the key difference is, they're all thankful for the notoriety a summer blockbuster brings, and took part in it without bitching or snide comments.

11. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

Megan Fox wants to be taken seriously as an actress, and yet all her roles after TF1 were Jennifer's Body and How to Alienate Friends which she plays nothing but eye candy...

Bay kick started her career no doubt about it...

12. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't often care about this Hollywood insider nonsense about anyone following true to form with repuations and what not. I wouldn't be surprised if Megan, being a hottie, thought she had a right to a diva attitude. I mean, if she's used to getting her way, obviously hearing a contrary response will set her off. As to Bay, he could be more attentive to some things in my opinion just based on the TF films, but I don't expect perfection. I don't care what films he did before, I know he's not extremely well thought of by some, but as long as Transformers go right and make people talk well of them, then he's done good. Ultimately, Megan should be more grateful, but if there's another franchise that could make over a billion dollars globally on two films that seeks out her best acting then by all means, go embrace that chance and thank you for your time.

13. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

...I had forgotten about those films. That pisses me off even more...

I still think Alienate was underrated. Simon Pegg was hilarious.

14. FriskyPinewood

FriskyPinewood Well-Known Member

And where is the proof of that?...cause iit AIN'T in that article the OP linked to.

Seriously, you read that piece and its like the author is trying to start some Drama between Bay and Fox

15. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

this article is probably all planned out to get extra publicity for ROTF...kind of like back in the old days with boxing and stuff...

van damme and dolph lundren did it for Universal Soldier if i recall from a youtube clip...

16. bujingwan

bujingwan Well-Known Member

Not to say that she is a great actor - but in Megans defence, I'm sure Bay's direction of her in both these movies pretty much began and ended with "don't worry about the dialogue, can you pout more? now lick your lips, dont worry just change into this singlet and run around - thats it, now pout more, now look sexy, no one's gonna care about what ur lines are just pout..."

17. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Talking about respect and Michael Bay might be... confusing. Especially when he pulls stunts like this one.

That's from VH1.

18. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the past month, Fox has done nothing but complaining about whatever. First she was complaining about comparing her to Angelina Jolie and second, she called Middle America, a bunch of white trash and now she is complaining about Bay's action and not acting.

Well her next film is "Jonah Hex". We will see if she will do some serious acting in that movie.

I will bet she will be miserable when she gets older. She won't have those looks forever.

19. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Thank you. Exactly my problem with her.

Being compared to Angelina, is a compliment. Plain and simple.
    Middle America is not a bunch of white trash. You can have that anywhere btw.

And she will lose those looks. Not everyone is blessed to have the ability to retain their beauty like Raquel Welch (anyone see the Foster Grant commercial? The woman's 75! Incredible!) or Sofia Loren when they get older, so she should be thankful for what she has now, so she can relish in her memories when it's time to put her wrinkly ass into retirement.

And, if she would just ease up a bit on everything, she might find a guy who will treat her with respect and not just some Hollywood showgirl. Because when she's old and gray, having someone during those years can be important.

Who wants to relive their heyday looking through the bottom of a bottle of cheap wine, with a dress that doesn't fit, wrinkles everywhere, and no one to be with?

That's what she'll have if she doesn't put it in check. There's nothing wrong with self confidence. There's nothing wrong with calling it like it is, even though it may be inappropriate or cruel given the circumstances at the time. But she lets her ego rage, her mouth run, and her respect for others is so nonexistent (at the current time) that she probably doesn't even know what the word means. (not because of IQ, but because respect is something she doesn't give, even when people have earned it.)

I dislike her greatly for the way she acts, and has let it become who she is. But even I wouldn't want to see her old, alone, and lost in the past of a failed Hollywood career, easing the pain with drugs and alcohol.

Everyone deserves better than that.

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    They're both acting like juevenelle tosspots. If Megan wants to talk shit, sure, be it on her own head and career. Michael (being on the mature side of 30 or so) should have shrugged his shoulders and said "How much more money did I make today?". Apathy was his best response to this kind of public comment but he chose to respond and brought himself down to her level. Well played.

Stephen should put them both over his knee and give them a spanking: her for saying in public what she should have said in private to Michael's face and him for being so foolish as to dignify the whole debarcle with a response when he should know better.