Bay paving the way for the Beast Wars film series:)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Aug 4, 2010.

1. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Avatar got away with a lot of the CG getting the screen time...

Finding Nemo had very little human interaction. The fish were the stars. Sure it was Pixar, but gimme a break, when someone talks about a BW movie of course nearly all of the characters/animals would end up being CG.

Like Disney's Dinosaur, where it was CG characters combined with "live-action" scenery. This pretty much proves it can be done. Talking monkeys and dinosaurs? Just a stones throw away from a live action BW movie.

I AM surprised at all the hatred towards BW, really? Its like experiencing the announcement of the 2007 movie designs all over again. I gotta say, the hostility does not make for great discussion.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The great Trukk Not Munky debate will never end, unfortunately.

Some people just can't accept Beast Wars as a credible addition of Transformers lore. Despite the fact that it introduced so many things they love about Transformers today.

3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eventaully, if the current model fails to be profitable, then I agree with you. But not when the current theme is so profitable.

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

That doesn't rule out the possibility of Beast Wars style figures or characters co-existing with the vehicle formers. It worked with Animated and it can work again.

5. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    especially when Aaron Archer himself says he's interested in doing more Beast Wars themed stuff.

That is enough for me right now. But just ask yourself, wouldn't it be cool to have a Rhinox toy with today's level of engineering?

6. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

we have no idea if beast wars will even lift off the ground until after T3. Only thing I can see bay paving way for is? another transformers movie, because I cannot seeing it all being resolved in T3 unless we see major deaths for a huge amount of the transformers, esp the decepticons side.

But beast wars I would not rule out it is a possibility

7. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated will never be on the same level of profitability as the movie verse. Beasts will be seen again, just not as a big budget Hollywood movie (which is what this thread is about). At least not until the status quo is changed.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Never rule anything out as a possibility without facts to back it up.

9. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude I know I just brought up this point because it would be so cool to see Beast Wars on screen and all of a sudden it seems as though the majority of members in this topic, give or take a few, are all against Beast Wars, like it is the worst thing ever, not only did I think it was a revolutionary series but I also loved how they linked it so well to G1, also they even put the G1 characters in the series:)  Not only do I think that it is one of the best, but I find it an awesome component and addition to the transformers universe, now if you guys wanna talk about a terrible transformers series look no further than Beast Machines, they nearly ruined Beast Wars when they came out with that crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    i like that idea:) 

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Beast Machines wasn't that bad. There were some novel concepts that were executed quite well. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't that terrible.

12. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread is about a BW movie following the current 'trilogy'. Fact. The movie lines have been the most profitable lines EVER for Hasbro. Fact. Hasbro will not change the successful formula until it is necessary due to poor sales. Logical deduction based on fact. Which has yet to happen. Fact.

Anything else?

13. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

For the past three years, there's always been somebody who calls for a Beast Wars movie: understandable since Beast Wars was great. The thing is, what I always find to be so astonishing is that those who demand for a BW movie pretty much appear to universally forget what made the Beast Wars cartoon so great in the first place: excellent storytelling, plot, and voice acting. The concept on its own is quite frankly kinda ridiculous, even by Transformers standards. They fail to realize that a live-action Beast Wars movie would have none of what made Beast Wars great to begin with.

This!

14. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Fact. Revenge of the Fallen had several Transformers that deviated from the successful formula. Transformers that were borderline beast formers.

15. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Oh sure very true my good man, I think the problem I had with it is that it was so radically different from Beast Wars.....but they did link it pretty good, but I found it to where they were trying to continue and breath new life into what was already paved.......

16. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And your point.

Look, we get it. You really like Beast Wars. I really like Beast Wars. But you have to be realistic when discussing the possibility of Optimus Primal and Rattrap replacing Optimus Prime and Bumblebee as the face of the brand. As of this moment, that isn't going to happen. So keep fighting the good fight but don't lose sight of reality along the way.

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

My point was I just discredited your entire statement by pointing out that the previous film had Transformers that could have been a pen stroke away from being called Waspinator or Transmutate. They deviated quite a bit from that established profitable formula you spoke of.

Where does Alice fit in with the notion that vehicle formers are more profitable than beast formers and that's why they'll never be in the movies?

And who says they have to replace them? They can co-exist.

The reality you keep speaking of is that anything is entirely possible.

18. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

I'm a huge fan of Beast Wars (in fact I was just watching the masterpiece "Agenda" arc from season 2 the other night).

I think a BW film would be tricky to pull off in live action, but not impossible. I'd agree that the trick is in not grossing out the general public with bots sporting organic parts.

The answer I think would be to go the Transmetals route first. How that would work would be that a part of the Axalon's computer logic center etc. was damaged in the crash, and therefore couldn't recognize the distinction between machine and organic life. The result is that it would give the Maximals robotic beast modes. Actually, this is a take from the old Marvel comic series explanation for why the Ark gave the Dinobots robotic Dino alt-forms.

The whole Energon short-out bit for the plot wouldn't work anymore, OR, the idea could be reworked so that Transmetal coating is a solution to the problem instead of the original idea of organic alt-forms. Having the Transmetal coating idea dealt with in the intro could be the way to clear the plot-space for a neat story involving the Vok, and all their influence on Earth

19. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I love Beast Wars, but some things just aren't made for the big-screen.

I would love a new show or even a short OVA series someday though.

20. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

How about instead of the distant past, it takes place in the distant future?

Perhaps somewhere in the next few hundred years, the human population has grown so much that the planet's ecosystem has reached the breaking point so humanity collectively packed up and left for greener pastures(possibly with Autobot help).

A million years or so down the line a human exploration team has returned to Earth to see what things are like. Some plants and animals would similar to what they are now, some would be different(to allow for man sized insects, mostly).

The explorers would of course be attacked by one of the aforementioned man sized insects which turns out to be a robot, but are saved by a large bird which is, of course, a robot as well. The robobird takes the explorers to see the rest of the robanimal team and explain the situation.

In short, the transformers are dieing out because they can't produce energon without the Allspark. They've just been living off of an ever dwindling supply of what they already had. Those few that are left are all small because their size made them more energy efficient, allowing them to last longer.

They're on Earth now because they've detected a source of energon, a relic left from the war long ago(re-use one of the maguffins from the previous films). Since there aren't any machines around both sides have taken on the appearance of local animals so they can scout out the planet and try to yoink the relic out from under the other side's nose.