Bay on TF2: Remember the Heart and Magic

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Veteran

News Credits:
    At the after-party for the Hollywood Film Festival's Hollywood Awards show last night, E! caught up with Michael Bay for a quick interview.

http://www.eonline.com/movies/reelg...03ff539b-dffa-4d60-ad7b-084f510128a7&sid=reel

Here's the meaty part of it...

Some will disagree, but I rather like those statements. Keep to what made the first film fun and enjoyable and don't go making it "bigger" just because that's what a sequel is now expected to do. If it isn't broke, then don't fix it (although I'm sure some would debate this).

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I approve completely. They tried to make things bigger with the Matrix & POTC sequels, and they sucked.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Again, words cannot express my happiness at statements like these. This year was a dream come true, and to have that happen at least twice more... wow.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I wish there was an applause smilie.

Excellent news! Here's hoping he puts as much effort into this film as he did the last.

5. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey keep the heart and the magic all you want, just give us less squishies and more bots! Dinobots and the real Devastator, baby!!!

6. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

As long as 'remembering the heart and magic' translates as 'keep all the good stuff and this time bother with a plot and characters that aren't terrible and give more characterisation and screentime to the movies namesake', then all's well with me...

7. Transfan76

Transfan76 Autobot

I know michael bay had recommendations on the first movie like adding a dog in the movie and such others .here's me hoping that he continues doing so in the sequel also in reference for example ,introducing an aircraft carrier robot into the movie as well. that would be amazing

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet, not something I'd have expected him to say but just more proof that he DOES get Transformers after all.

9. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Sounds hopeful. :D 

10. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    awesome...i hope it's a little bigger, in terms of more characters and a little more action now that the introduction is over. but Bay stressing that he wants more of the same is great news.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Indeed. I would trade 70% of major action sequences for some cool Autobot character developement, as well as some Decepticon/Autobot bantering.... let us know that the bad guys have "feelings" too and aren't just monsters. I would not, however, in any shape or form, have a problem with a Devastator fight scene though. :D 

12. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    It IS about the heart and soul....and having Jetfire in the next one!

13. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, on one of the special features, what the hell is that GIANT catamaran looking ship thing coming out of the water? did they actually do a test for bays aircraft carrier transformer!? they also have a clip of this tower rising out of the ocean... it almost looks like megatrons g1 base

14. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dunno..."remember the heart and magic" just sounds too much like meaningless Hollywood catchphrase rhetoric to me. I mean, what does that even mean?

15. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I just want a naked Megan Fox in TF2. That is all I have to say about that.

16. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I know in one of the features they show a painting of the ship-former. I'm not sure if they ever show any actual test footage of it though. There's a lot of little clips in a couple spots that just pass by too quickly to judge what they are.

And I see this as pretty good news. So long as there's at least one scene in every Transformers movie that's as fulfilling as the Autobot Arrival, I'm a happy camper. Slapping the aircraft carrier Decepticon in there would do it. Imagine a ship transforming, humans and jets falling off of it as it stands. Tell me that wouldn't be awesome.

17. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Why can't you keep the heart and magic AND make it bigger ala SW: Empire Strikes Back?

I really don't want to have to sit through another hour and a half of human development just to hear "all hail Megatron" and " One shall stand" tiny robot snippets, then it's back to the human hackers :(  Nothing wrong with a more amped up TF2!

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Here, here!!! I hope he doesn't get carried away with things when he's filming the sequel.

Y'know... there's so very few sequels to movies that I thought were decent.

19. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I don't really see him saying he won't make it bigger. He's just saying his primary focus is to keep the magic. Not making it bigger and badder just wouldn't fit with Michael Bay.

Though I'm in full agreement that if we get another movie that's SO heavily human based, I'll be disappointed. A lot. We don't need an hour and a half of Autobots hanging out at some base doing goofy shit in the name of character development, but we also don't need an hour and a half of humans hanging out at some base doing goofy shit. The story is established now, let's see it move.

20. JoshBot

JoshBot Well-Known Member

The heart and magic? Oooooh, he means all the masturbation jokes.