Bay knows what hes doing!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey dudes Jimmy here from that one city that was recently....well you know the rest.....anyway now I really enjoyed DOTM aside from some of the expected quirks.....which got me thinking how come the last 2 films are like this, wouldnt he want to create a nice organized film like the first.....my answer is no....why???? Look at all of his previous films excluding ROTF(now I havent seen the island)......pretty much films that were well structured, then ROTF came about and he struggled through the writers strike.......and as a result the film suffered, but he saw how much it made, almost 800 million. You would think he learned.....he did not. He saw something that no matter what he would put together it will make money along with the TF name on it, which is why this film seems to be like that. You would see this film and automatically think this is a guy that doesnt know what hes doing....wrong he knows exactly what he is doing. What do you guys think???? This films are awesome but they surely come out interesting.....

2. megachin

megachin Banned

So you live in chicago huh

Wow you are the luckiest boy ever, your place got trash by cons and bots
    Now everytime you go over the bridge you think

Hey this where megs dies

As for bay, he does anything very well and knows what to do, hope to see a 4th film without bay steven can continue his series.

3. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Oh thanks a bunch man, more like everytime I walk by my favorite building the post office and walk in the back I think hey this is where Ironhide dies:( 

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I think you make a good point. If you know that an unpolished movie will make bank, and that you will have a number of fans defending every aspect of it, then why bother with that extra polish?

5. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I think Bay is actually working really hard. Yes, on the polishing of the movie as well.
    He just makes some very interested, sometimes unfocused, choices, but I don't think he was being lazy.

Mind you, this is still a person who is not afraid to admit he's out there to create super-commercial movies, style above substance. That probably also explains why he's polishing things we don't care about (or wouldn't think of), while ignoring parts 'we' would have liked to see 'fixed'. :) 

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep saying anyone could have directed this and it would make bank, even UWE BOLL. This is proof transformers is selling on the name and not the story or director. It's hawt.

7. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Perhaps not Ewe boll :D  .
    I'm sure both 'Transformers' and 'Micheal Bay' are both valuable labels to market a movie with.

Its clear that Mr Bay gets some good ideas for action sequences when he's doing crunches, and that's what seems to please the crowd the most.

If anything gets cut due to budget or time restraints, its most likely the inter-connecting story/ exposition that links the action sequences.

Unfortunate, but inevitable in the industry. Especially when Bay wants to keep a reputation of being on budget, on time.

8. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

"Bay is the kinda guy who will laugh at a joke, then ask you why its funny." -Shia Labeouf

Explains it all.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Micheal Bay knows what his target market is and how to take advantage of that when it's combined with the right release date and a marketing campaign designed to sell his type of films.

People have this rather odd idea that every film is designed to appeal to every last person that will still buy movie tickets. Actually films are not designed to appeal to every film fan and Micheal Bay seems to understand this better than some other directors.

10. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will say I think Bay could have done and maybe would have done a ton better but the issue of time constraints is brought up again. The studio wanted these things rushed out. He didn't even want to do 3 until he had a year or two off for a break but 3 months after rotf hit theaters they wanted him working on dotm and gave him a very short schedule to work with.

11. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

^^^ And I have to agree with Ash from California concerning the idea of trying to please everyone because truthfully you can't please everyone. When you think of the mythology that they brought to the movie, it pleased a lot of the fans I believe but a lot of the critics hated it. So it's definitely true in that sense.

And when it came to promoting Shockwave as the new villain when it was Sentinel all along, he surely knew what he was doing.

12. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    bingo!

13. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

I equate the TF movies to his Bad Boys movies as well. They are full of action and cliches that critics don't love in cop movies, but moviegoers sure seem to eat them up.

14. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's some things comedy-wise that I really doubt Ehren Krueger could have come up with without 'notes' from Bay.

Like Jerry Wang's whole 'jumpy-yet homoerotic shtick.' Couldn't we have gotten a jumpy informant scene somewhere between that and the Ukrainian guy?

15. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Because he prides himself in his work. Remember how much he refused 3d at first? He believed film was the best way to film movies. He had to be convinced by James Cameron. Many of his stunts are live action. The problem with ROTF was the studio. They wanted to cash in and forced him to meet the deadline. The studios are trying to make money. The quality of the film is irrelavent to them. Bay had to get the product done by the deadline and it suffered because of the writer's strike. This movie you can tell that he hadmore time. The story is better, the CGI was great. The 3d was done right. It's worth doing it in 3d.

16. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Bay thinks first about explosions and then builds a movie around it. Honestly.

17. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

I think this is the movie's biggest flaw. The studio. I remember seeing an interview with Paramount executive, and he said he would rather have the minicons like Wheelie instead of the bigger bots. He only wants them because they are cheaper to render. I think we need Steven Spielberg to step up to the plate and bitch slap the execs over at Paramount a little. You could see the influence of Spielberg in the first movie, but the magic was totally gone from the other two, mostly due to a rushed project.

18. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

Paramount is really the one who screwed the pooch and didn't have any tentpole movie for the summer. They really had to beg Bay to do both sequels when he did since he didn't want to rush a movie during the writer's strike and then he wanted to take some time off before doing DOTM. Before DOTM went into production, a Paramount exec said he would lose his job if he didn't get Bay to do DOTM so it'd release this year.

19. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

I'm a little worried with what's going to happen with Star Trek 2. The first one was fantastic. Granted, I had a hard time swallowing the whole black hole thing, but, I understand they wanted to come with this thing with a clean slate, that way you don't have all the fan boys crying 'that never happened in Star Trek".

Didn't I read somewhere , where Dreamworks was severing ties with Paramount?

DreamWorks Executives Sever Ties With Paramount to Form a New Company - NYTimes.com

Yep. It looks like this shit started during the production of both Transformers films. Would explain alot. So yep, Paramount exec is the dick in all of this!

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    So he takes pride in an un-polished film with choppy editing?