bay finally got something right!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SoundWave2007, Sep 22, 2010.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

in all fairness after ROTF he put him self in cryogenic stasis but accidentally set the dial for opening only on 09/19/2010 instead of 09/19/2086 ( 100 year anniversary for G1 )

2. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    FanimusMaximus your sig = :thumbs2: 

3. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats kind of a cop out, those were cartoons, not a live action movie about Transfomers. I would not expect a movie franchise to follow the childrens half hour cartoon. Yes, changes must be made to increase the audiance attendnece. But remember alot of those "children" storys were to sell toys. I expected more from the movie.

Ok, name one of the many cartoons where megatron bowed down to another leader. He even betrayed Unicron.
    I understand they change but the core characters always stay the same. Tell me where Bumblebee is a bad ass. Or Prime would execute someone.
    I'm all for a more serious story, darker deeper. But this was just too off the mark for me.
    Not in the comic, cartoon or history did any of this happen.
    Transfomers may have had different continuums and storys but the core was always the same. It why I keep on coming back.

Ok, I can buy that. But it sure had a heavenly look going on.

I'm really not trolling or baiting here. I thought it was a discussion. I'm happy with people who love the movie, no problems here. But I was just pointing out the let downs for me.

I'm hoping the last one is good, I sat the TPM, AOTC to finally get ROTS. I'll sit thorugh this too.

4. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Ya, your late... I really did enjoy movie one....but what I didn't like about movie: 2 was a few things

Starscream, he didn't seem very Starcream like -_-'

The movie also had like an 30-45mins of no plot movement at all (the deserts scenes leading up to the desert battle)

AND Prime saying "Give me your face" and ripping Grindors face off O_0....I was thinking to myself are we seeing Nemesis Prime or something?

That's it, and a little more fighting/action scenes would of been nice, it could of been good as the first movie.

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I'd like to add this as a plus:

Giving birth to a new generation of Transformers fans.

6. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    geewun vs bayformers the never ending story! Now that should be a movie

7. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Agreed. It's a new continuity in of itself. People should accept it as such.

8. SoundWave2007

SoundWave2007 Well-Known Member

dont get me wrong i love the movies im just a gen 1 purist at heart

9. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

totally true! and im one of them :D 

10. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

What kinda irked me about the original Prime was that he didn't use the trailer that much aside from it being part of his alternate mode, and even then, it didn't do much. I'm hoping the trailer is really a portable command/repair station that disguises itself as a trailer that has no connection to Prime whatsoever (other than it gets pulled by him). It just happens that Optimus is a semi, and he's selected to tote it.

This.

Half the people I know, who could care less about Transformers, now look at the Transformers with quite a bit of interest. Not as fans, but as a general audience. Transformers is no longer confined to the fans. It's EVERYONE'S franchise now, and more people than ever are throwing cash at them. Plus, I've never seen so many people, kids and adults alike, who want Transformers now than when Wal-Mart shelves were lush with RiD figures.

Not everyone likes cheese on their burgers. Are they trying to make us like cheese on our burgers? No. Do they want us to at least try it? Of course, but you don't have to like it. Will there ever be the perfect burger, cheese or no cheese? No, because there's still some people who'd rather have a damn salad.

As long as people like the product they sell, they'll keep selling it, so long as they keep it new and fresh.

11. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I'd like to see the Coke and Pepsi machine-bots battle it out again. Remember seeing that during football games years ago?
    That would be awesome if they bought that ad back.

12. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Completely agreed. I got into Transformers from the Movie Franchise, and I still consider it to be favourite.
    If the movies hadn't come around, Transformers wouldn't be a household name like they are today.

13. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

If you want to play that game, name one continuity other than TFA where Prime is not the leader of the Autobots, and is young and self doubting.

Or how about Bumblebee being a young hotshot/smart aleck?

Both the Movies and TFA change the Characters around a bit, but you know what both Optimus Primes have in common? They are both brave, compassionate and intelligent.

Same with both Bumblebees, they are both friendly and get along with Humans underneath their hot headedness/Badassery.

Each continuity shakes the characters up a bit, but very rarely does a character stray too far from their roots.

Well, except for the characters in my sig. But to be fair, Skids didn't really HAVE a personality in G1 :lol 

14. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    and im one of them :) 

15. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Pepsi Decals or GTFO

16. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    To the OP - Why don't you try to make an $800 million movie one day? Let us know then what you get right.

For crying out loud, Bay's films are NOT GeeWunn through and through. It is a completely new story and continuity. Who gives a shit if they change characters so much? I could understand being mad about radical character changes if Megatron wore and tripped over a tutu and sang opera constantly, or Prime was a hippy and always high. But these characters don't HAVE to be the same as they were in the 80's.

The only real problem I have with these movies that could realistically be fixed is the humor. The crass, somewhat explicit, sexual humor. I get that this isn't a movie just for the kiddies. But come on, did we need to see DOGS HUMPING, or Wheelie humping, or Devastator's balls? Devastator's balls were a two-second gag, so it wasn't that bad. But come on, there are LITTLE KIDS seeing this movie. They don't need to be seeing that.

The movies are a fun, interesting take on Transformers. I hate when people go, "durr hurr he didn't get this right," or "I can make it better."

17. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When did this ever happened? Which TF's were you watching besides animated lol? Uhh, Bee was never any of that. You may be confusing him with Hotshot or Hotrod.

Well its was pretty clear in TFA that it was taking place after the "great war" which mean those bots are just namesakes. They made that pretty clear in the first ep.

When it comes to Prime and Bee, Prime was close but no way would Prime Kill someone. And bee, shit man he was so far off the radar they should even be considered the same in ANY form. Other then Meeting Sam, he has nothing in common with any other incarnation of the character. Nothing..nope.

BUt hey, I could even live with all of that, what was done with Megatron was a complete embarrassment IMO. BUt if it suits you then great man. Im really not trying to have a pissing match here. If you like it thats great.

18. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

What I find weird is a lot of people speak like Michael Bay is the only person who does any work on these films. People blame any little part of the movie they don't like on Bay, when he's not even responsible in the long run.

19. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

i find it annoying too, people are so simple minded :mad 

20. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

Bay got more than Prime's trailer right. I loved the first movie. Loved it. The second was not as good as the first, but still good.

My main problems with the movies can be summed up in three points:

-Ruined Starscream (my favorite character ever)
    -Ruined Megatron
    -Skids and Mudflap were on screen too much and they were too annoying/ugly.