Bay defends The Twins

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shizuka, Jun 24, 2009.

1. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    Am I the only other one here who feels that would work?

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think if you look at it and see race then you are the one making the connection. Me I saw them as hip hop ghetto wannabes. They are young teen types. They could be southern hicks trying to be gangsta. I think it is more of a mocking of that of person (be it black or white) than saying it is simply black. Now if they went on about fried chicken and watermelons or something like that, THEN i'd see more of a stereotype racial insult.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yeah, I thought it was funny that though they have their fair share of goofy Jar Jar moments, when things got serious so did they. Skids and Mudflap beat up Devastator on purpose. Jar Jar would've just tripped over a console or something and fired the rail gun himself accidentally.

4. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

there is simulated sex and a near sex scene also Giant balls that inexplicably are going to teabag the audience for the longest 9 seconds i have ever seen.

Ya they got away with this being pg-13 in my book especially with all the over the top murdering going on in the film. In the essence of what pg-13 means this film is not it.

5. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, like others have said.. only black people have gold teeth or tooth? bad language and grammar? come on now! I saw these 2 bots as young teens trying to be all tough and with that trying to talk the talk and walk the walk with what they figured was "cool". I, personally, found the the Twins to be funny. Just my two cents.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    UGH! When will people learn to stop over-exagerating things? When?

7. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

I didn't really mind anything involving the the twins in the movie. Sure they were crude and not at all kid friendly but as a adult I didn't mind the humor they brought to the table, even though it was mostly unwelcome and almost entirely pointless. I realize they were not created with the best intentions because anyone who would think these guys are role models for kids are insane.

What really bothered me was just how very human their personalities were. These guys are the giant robot equivalent of wanna-be-posers. They want to be cool and human-like but everything they do just comes off as embarrassing. So does that just make them very impressionable based on the environment they live in? Just like most kids these days? Maybe. But that is no excuses for bad personalities for otherwise likable characters. Thanks to Bay and company for such truly forgettable and might soon be controversial characters, bravo.

8. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope, as i pointed out earlier... that would've been EPIC

9. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

The Twins, to me, were like the dumb ass kids I see hanging out in front of my local Circle K. Wannabe gangsters, low on brains, always getting into it with each other. The reminded me alot of Beavis and Butt-head except with wankster speech. Bumblebee reminded me of an annoyed older brother forced to take care of his dumb ass younger siblings when he was with them.

10. -Wreckage-

News Credits:
    Beavis and But-head, now there was a really STUPID cartoon.

11. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    This is so true.

Why is it that everytime someone, somewhere has to find something that is "OMG Racist" or whatever??....

It's a friggin movie about Alien Robots....that is all.

This is like the whole "OMG Jazz is too black/Bay's a racist" thing all over again from the first movie...

I found Skids and Mudflaps interaction hilarious....line for line.

And so did my wife, and she happens to be black, not once was she offended by any "OMG stereotype" moments.

Give it a rest people....its a movie, enjoy it.

Fantastic job Mr. Bay, looking forward to the next installment. :thumb 

12. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    ...that is the best way I've heard the BB/Twins relationship described.

And yeah, they are basically the equivalent of your local 10-12 year old boys that imitate whatever they think it's cool.

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I also agree. I think people are TOO sensitive. I also think there is a double standard. A black comedian can mock white people anytime and it is fine, but a white guy makes a joke about a black person and he is a racist.

If I do an impression of a Jewish guy does that make me an anti-semite? No! Mel Brooks does it all the time. Is it wrong for me to laugh? No. Yes he is jewish. There is a difference between light mocking and joking and full on racism or stereotyping.

The old 40s-60s asian stereotype of Asian guys having the overbite, huge thick glasses, etc that is offensive. The watermelon and fried chicken is wrong. Hispanics as lazy and taking siestas all the time is offensive. Having a Native American saying "How!" and speaking in stereotype english is offensive. There is racism in making all Muslims suicide bombers.

There is racism in denying someone a job or promotion because of race. There is racism in hating someone for their religious beliefs or color of their skin. But not in making fun of a cross boundry mocking of the ghetto punk kid types. They come in all races. All act in a similar manner. It is no different than mocking a geek as someone lowly guy who lives in the mothers basement, watches star trek, and plays D&D.

14. -Wreckage-

News Credits:
    and finally, so I can get on my life, with that said...

-W-

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's really bad writing to spend two paragraphs reinforcing your opinion before using the like two sentence quote that your whole article is based on. It's also crap to say that he is defending the twins at all when we dont know what question this was an answer to.

Piss ass writing from IGN

bite me Jim Vejvoda!!!!

16. newguy

newguy i

this

17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THANK YOU. I was hoping someone else here was thinking this. Guess what folks? Quite a few black people-- far too many-- act exactly like that. Skids and Mudflap are making fun of a SUB-group that quite frankly needs to be made fun of. If you equate that attitude with being black, than YOU are being the racist, not Bay or the writers. Skids and Mudflap are two bots. Did Sergeant Epps act like them? 'Cause I musta missed it.

Now, if the movie had like 20 black people in it and ALL OF THEM acted like Skids and Mudflap, then you're right, it's entering racist territory. But the word "racist" is thrown around so much these days people don't even know what it really means anymore. I LOVED Skids and Mudflap-- Skids is my fav character in TF2-- and I went in thinking I would hate them. I've never been so happy to be so wrong, they were handled quite well.

However, that said, I will echo the comments that this movie was a bit too racy/vulgar for a Transformers movie. Yes it was rated PG-13, but it pushed the envelope a lot more than most other PG-13 movies I've seen, and you know that kids are going to see this movie and WANT to see it a lot due to the fact that it's Transformers and it's getting a huge toy push (with special toys for young kiddies to boot). I'm honestly surprised (and not in a good way) that Hasbro allowed some of this stuff to make it to the screen.

18. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I loved the Twins. Even though I hated their headsculpts from Day 1 and thought that they would be abominable Transformer versions of Jar-Jar Binks as the stupid bumbling comic relief robots, they ended up being pretty funny and I didn't hate them at all. They were great. F the haters. F the "OMG they're not PC!" people. The end.

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    He did, what was hilarious was that his way of taking care of them was throwing them outside(literally), or kicking their collective asses.

20. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :cry