Bay defends The Twins

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shizuka, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
  2. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What a load.
    The twins' 'humor' and (unnecessary) language is why I'm probably not going to let my daughter see the film she's been wanting to see for a long time now. I won't pretend to keep her hidden away from all the bad things in life, but in a movie about transforming robots aimed at selling toys, these characters are totally out of place and uncalled for.

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Linky no worky

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    It's rated "PG13" for a reason.

5. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    Hm... OOooooooooooooooKay...

6. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

Ugh. People just need to shut up. It's not racist to make fun of hillbillies. They can change the way they look and act.

7. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    True... they do it in The Simpsons...

Quote retracted.

8. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So was the first one, and I felt comfortable with her watching it about a dozen times. The worst there was BB peeing on Simmons. The twins take it to a higher (or lower) level of 'humor'.
    What it boils down to for me is that I'm disappointed in the movie because I wanted to share it with my daughter, and now I don't feel like it'd be appropriate for her.
    Totally a personal thing, but I'm sure others may feel this way too.

9. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    LOL....may be obnoxious...but he's right.

I don't mind comic relief to easy tension in movies, I just don't think it was pulled off right at all with these twins. I just found them distracting and not funny at all.

Now mind you if they had scripted their comic relief roles, I think it might have been a bit better.

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    They didn't bother me much (or entertain me either). But this explanation just sounds like he's passing the buck. All he has to do is just fess up and say that he put them in because he thought they were funny and apologise for any unintended offense.

But I question the source of this. I can't find the original interview, so there's no context. I suspect he may have been just talking about the general production of the film, rather than being put on the spot about it.

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Why make fun of hillbillies at all?
    Besides- I didn't think they were blacks or hillbillies- I thought they were retarded.

12. Ani Blackout

Ani Blackout Banned

I never thought about them being a racial stereotype. But I'm white. Maybe people just read into them what they want to see? People on this board think they are making fun of "hillbillies" while this article indicates others think they are making fun of blacks.

13. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so from what i gathered, Bay's shifting the blame onto the voice actors...
    He's digging himself quite a large hole there

14. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Yeah, bloody parents expecting a film based on children's toys to be suitable for children!

15. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Oh, come on!!

People need to grow a thick skin, and throw away the whole "political correctness" shit, it's getting on my nerves.

They're just words, and I hardly think a kid would care what they meant, and if they did, it's just a discussion saved for later on when they could understand.

16. Miss Frost

Miss Frost Banned

I saw the movie last night with my girlfriends. We all agreed that the Twins "comic relief" was unnecessary for the film.

17. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    eh... they didn't bother me none. I thought they were pretty funny. Only thing that would've been better would be if Martin Lawrence and Will Smith voiced them and they were based off of their Bad Boys characters. That would've been EPIC.

18. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

If its deemed racially insensitive pg 13 is not the correct raiting.

I find it funny how Bay as the Director is trying to pretend that he had little to do with the characters. He is literally blaming spong bob here for the characters.

MICHAEL BAY a methodic CONTROL freak is saying he didnt have control over this process. He is saying that after giving prime flames and giving Prime lips taking away bumblebee's mouth and a slew of other odd choices is somehow incapable of stopping this from happening.

This is a guilty man back tracking. I honestly thought maybe he just created a couple of bots who make fun of people who try to be gangsta but with his rebuttle its obvious the man is running from it. The writing crew threw him under the bus saying the characters are his baby then he blames the actors. What a class guy bay your just :bay 

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He doesn't need to defend them, they are fine, funny, and worked just right. The only problem with Bay (and this is from someone who likes him and his movies) is that he takes what critics say to heart too much, when all he has to do is shove last night and this weekend's figures in their face and say, "You know what, the public liked it, and in the end, that's what matters to me."

20. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Personally, stop looking at them like they're supposed to be black, or hillbillies, or whatever... and look at them like their two retarded robots who try to act tough.

Honestly, I sat through the entire movie not knowing what exactly these two were supposed to be stereotyping. I still don't understand all the racism outcry. I saw them as two stupid Autobots. I think we're so sensitive about this whole racism issue that as soon as we see a robot with a gold tooth or a robot that says "pussy" he's a black stereotype.

And even if they were a black stereotype, who should care? A world without racism is a world where two people of completely different ethnicity can make fun of one another and LAUGH AT IT WITHOUT GETTING OFFENDED.

Just my two cents.