Bay cant tell a story- no spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PeterSkillenUK, Jun 20, 2009.

1. PeterSkillenUK

PeterSkillenUK Well-Known Member

saw the movie last night...mind blowing effects and sound but i think there will be a lot of dissopointed fans out there. The story just doesnt gel, bad editing and toilet humour abound. The new chracters are not even introduced...its hard to be dissopointed with such great effects but some how i feel a lot of people will hate it for the lazy story telling. I only wish spielberg would take the directors chair...

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

This needed its own thread?

Here is a clue; No.

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Meh, the story worked fine for me. Obviously it had faults but then what film doesnt?

4. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

This may be a shocking revelation, but it is the truth:

The sky is blue.

5. OrionPaximus

OrionPaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe three writers wrote the movie who are not named Michael Bay.

6. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

WOW! The story was bad? That is unbelievable. I would never have guessed that from a Bay movie.
    A poorly edited film with a lazy story in a Bay movie is like saying a ball drops to the ground because of gravity. It's standard and that is what these fanboys dont get. They are happy for Bay and Megan Fox to butcher this great franchise.

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ssssh common sense has no place in these parts, especially when the likes of Conceptron drop in for a spot o' trolling.

8. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

Is it so difficult to open eyes and ears and let the light shine on your minds to finally understand what a piece of crap is this movie (and the previous)?
    The entire creative team should leave the franchise forever alongside with the producers whom hired these people and approved everything put on these movies.

9. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Yeah. Objective reviewers (read: not rabid TF fans) are all saying that this movie is really shiny, but is chock full of chintzy, unbelievable CG effects and an incomprehensible plot. Few have had a single clue what the hell was going on at any point, and a lot of the technical problems with the first movie, despite better overall design work, are only exacerbated this time around. Character development is a joke, dialogue is a joke, story is a joke. We'll all like it because there are Transformers in it, but if the brand didn't exist, this movie wouldn't be worth a damn.

At least, that's the word on the street..

10. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

Don't let those who disagree get you down. I am sure your comments are founded. It's a Michael Bay film, after all.

I will still see it, but my main grip is the toilet humor he loves to inject into every project he does. Oh well.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Spoken like a true... really honest correct person.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actualy liked it better than the first's plot.

First was 100% McGuffin', this one was actualy more than that (Mcguffin', plus revival of Megatron plus Prime's rise plus other stuff)

13. PorkChopKB

PorkChopKB Bay Harbor Butcher

News Credits:
    exactly! there are these other people called editors. funny how the guy who is directing the film catches all of smack talk. has anyone mentioned that Steven Spielberg is Executive Producer? here is the list of everyone involved. There are alot more people to point fingers at if you are that disappointed with the film.

Directed by
    Michael Bay

Writing credits
    (WGA)
    Ehren Kruger (written by) &
    Roberto Orci (written by) &
    Alex Kurtzman (written by)

Produced by
    Steven Spielberg .... executive producer
    Ian Bryce .... producer
    Allegra Clegg .... co-producer
    Matthew Cohan .... associate producer
    Tom DeSanto .... producer
    Lorenzo di Bonaventura .... producer
    Brian Goldner .... executive producer
    Mohammed Hassan .... consulting producer: Egypt
    Don Murphy .... producer
    Mark Vahradian .... executive producer

Original Music by
    Steve Jablonsky

Cinematography by
    Ben Seresin (director of photography)

Film Editing by
    Roger Barton
    Tom Muldoon (as Thomas Muldoon)
    Joel Negron
    Paul Rubell

Casting by
    Denise Chamian

14. PeterSkillenUK

Look i get where you coming from but a great script doesn't always make a great movie due to the director not being very good at putting that script together. This films story was quite good but the way it is realised by mike bay is terrible.
    There was not point of many of the scenes at all. for instance why have alice in the story(ok writers fault) it makes no sense and is a waste of time.
    The humour granted was in many places funny but in others there was just no need. why have wheelie humping micahlas leg! Why wasnt any of the new transformers introduced. This film is very poorly edited very poor. And the battles have that many explosions you cant see the fighting. there was no need for megatron, star screem could have done his job. there has been so much wasted here. The reason i blame bay is he has the last word one what makes the cut so it is his fault. anybody who thinks this film runs in a coherent way must be as messed up as the editor in cheif was when he went to work.
    maybe ithinking about your right its not just bays fault but all the writers as well for cramming this effects bazzare together.
    so much for the great use of sound wave. my conclusion fantastic effects, ok good story idea badly exacuted, bad bad bad editing, to much toilet humour, no explanations of anything....a wasted opportunity.

15. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    The new transformers got a passing line to say that they came to Earth after Optimus message at the end of the first film, and that's alot more than anyone got in G1. Its not necessery to have a huge intro sequence.

16. PeterSkillenUK

you dont even get to know them.. what was the point of jolt and the twins and the audi

17. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

wow you site common sense but lets face yours is lacking if you think Bay didnt get his gruby little hands all over that plot.

He friggin changed the entire plot of the first movie and had sam kill megs.

just unbelievable you all so quickly defend what is well known as the worse plot director in HollyWood. Well not worse there still is that Bowl character or what ever his name is

18. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I don't want to offend anyone, but I honestly think that if you didn't get the movie you've either got some pretty serious mental stuff going on or you're lying.

The plot was as simple as children's homework.

19. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I dont think anyone didnt get the movie or found the plot itself confusing. It just was not that well written or edited.

20. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Example?