Batzarro/Bizarro #22

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Wreckgar, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Hey, the logo says that's what it is.

Anyway, anyone read it? The issue itself, adn the story for that matter have me either really confused from reading the 'zarros speaking or bored UNTIL THE LAST FEW PAGES! I can't believe Loeb pulled it off. For those of you who don't know, don't hilight below.

Superman (Red Son version) comes face to face with Batzarro while none other than Batman Beyond, Mr Terry McGuinness meets Bizarro! Finally, a DC Continuity Batman Beyond!

2. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Suhweet. Might pick it up as a result of that spoiler!!!

3. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Batzarro?

Is it just me or does DC have a hard time coming up with names for villians? If it isnt Dr "insert adjective here" or Captain "insert adjective here" we can now look forward to Greenarrowzarro and Cyborgzarro.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    batzarro huh? the fact that bats is such an anal, logical kinda guy makes a bizarro batman even...more bizarre?

5. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I for one loved the issue. It was great reading both Bizarro and Batzarro captions, wierd but interesting. Can't beat the instruction sheet Bizarro was given by Batzarro. LOL Can't wait to see where this all leads to.

[​IMG]

6. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

This issue was great, so many times I was laughing hysterically... bug boy's girlfriend being thrown off a bridge... just seeing Wolfen made me laugh out loud... and then where batzarro and bizarro wind up was just amazing.

Favorite moment: Martian Manhunter saying "... if I had actually thought for a second he could operate it, I would have stopped him..."

7. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

WHAT! damn I kept staring at that today with something telling me to buy that book. I shoulda listened.

Next time I hope to find.

8. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Yeah, basically Batzarro smiles a lot and goes out killing couples (to not emulate him worst idol Batman)

9. DarkAngelPrime

DarkAngelPrime Lawful Good

Wreckgar, BB actually appeared in "The Kingdom" I think, when they were introducing Hypertime. If it wasn't there, it was somewhere, but I know I've definitely seem him in a mainstream DC comic. Also notice that his "vehicular conveyance" was not researched accurately.

10. The Spider

Batman Beyond was also seen in DC 1 MILLION 80-Page Special, along with a bunch of other Elseworld characters (and an early prototypical design of the Red Son Superman--basically, think of current costumed Superman, but with the sickle-hammer logo instead of the S).

11. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I don't think it was the Kingdom. I recently read that and didn't recognize him. However you are correct in the batwing research. I noticed that right off the bat. (no pun intended)

Also, I did enjoy the Bug Boy scene. It even seemed like McGuinness was trying to resemble the Dodsons in that image of Superman saving "Gwen". I just wish we would have gotten a better picture of Holloween.

12. The Spider

That reminds me--does anyone think Bug looks kinda like Freakazoid a bit?

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loved this issue! :rock 

14. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

This stint ties into Infinite Crisis... they're all crossing over into the other worlds in the "Multiverse"... worlds that should no longer exist, but do... as "Elseworlds".

But it was shocking seeing Batman Beyond in a regular DC-book (read: not DCAU-related). That was very cool point. Now if only they could work that into continuity without 2099ing themselves.