Heavy/Scratch: battlezone Dinobots: Grimlock

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by encline, Oct 16, 2010.

1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    battlezone G1 Dinobots: Grimlock

So lets see....two G1 Grimlocks, a drift, WFC prime, and energon grimlock were all dissected for this project. I NEVER like how low the shoulders sat in botmode, or how tiny the head was. I actually LOVE the dinomode, but unfortunately, it has change in appearance to add the new shoulders.

He now has ball joint head, ball joint shoulders and they rotate down in dinomode to fit the stance, elbows and swivel biceps, hips, and knees.

This is as far as I have gotten before I leave to go hang with TTT and Cherry Bomb Toys in Victoria!!! I still have some areas to fix and such..

I wil have dinomode and heavy artillery pics next week...

Thanks for checking it out....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the "battlezone" style of painting that you've been giving to your Dinos lately (MP Grimlock, battlezone Swoop) with the metallic weathering, etc).

Like I told you earlier this morning, it looks like a downscaled MP Grimlock. Great work!

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    AGREE :D ... really would like to have those paint skillz... but how? tut pls?

4. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    I thought those MP legs looked a little weird. crap dude, that's some tasty bashin'.

5. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

I completely agree with payton here, Grimy really does look like MP Grimlock here. Amazing work, I can't wait for more pics to see what else you did to him and to see his t-rex mode.

6. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, Now I want that! That is fantastic, real question is, will they combine????

7. me!!

me!! "DOES NOT COMPUTE"

looks awesome man and :bowdown:  to your skills :D  !

and this ^

8. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

Great JORB ombre, Hows his Waist? i just REALIZED its not a MP Grimlock, THATS HOW SICK YOU ARE....................or i just needed to read the title. Either way i love this fig, i might have to get a G1 grimlock just for the hell of it. Im really digging the weathering man, that really makes this figure, Nice Work.

9. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks bro...I still have details to fix and certain spots to fix....but it is getting there!!! Like all my stuff, I build them how I like them:) !

Yeah man..I have some tutorials here and on my facebook...I need to do one about drybrushing, but there is really no need as there are some great ones on here...and one by solrac333 on youtube....you just have to do multiple srtokes and get lighter and lighter each time....

hahah....Yeah?! That is finny...I really wanted to get the bulky bot mode...just me though....And thanks dude...

Yeah, I still have to work on the wings cause you can imagine....dinomode has some child bearing hips!!!:) 

haha!!! Well...you could set these guys up in dinomode around Extinction and do a pose as though they are about to combine and become clean:) 

Well...I will have a hard time beating this........
    [​IMG]

well, if they combined..

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I'm just gonna quote myself.

11. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Not the beak d*ck, again!

12. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Awesome stuff, David! I love the articulation and the shoulders (I feel the same as you on those, man). The gritty paint apps make him look rough and tough. Can't wait to see more on this (and the others!).