Battletech arcade

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mospeada, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I played the newest Battletech arcade game (Battletech: Firestorm) in the pod tonight at GenCon Indy...it's pretty badass. Too bad there's only like 5 Virtual World arcades in the country that have it!

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Is it still up in the Gameworks? I work at Circle Center Mall, I thought they did away with them long ago. They used to be in this room off to the side of the big Indy 500 machines. It was almost museum-esque with information plaques and figures under glass. The room was done with faux rusted metal plating but its been gone or just switched to plain assed walls for a few years now.

Also Gameworks has the Rambo arcade machine.

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I'll have to check my Gameworks, they have been getting a LOT of import games, especially Fighting Games (Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, Blaze Blue, SFIV ect)

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Awww, Ive wanted to see those machines in action.

5. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    This is a new one, 'sfar as I know, the banner for the game read "1999-2009" and was also something in celebration of Battletech's 25th anniversary. There are only a handful of locations in the country at "VirtualWorld" that have it.

Graphically, it looked like XBox MechAssault, really. The draw was playing everyone in the huge pods, with a scoreboard with your registered name on the door, and then you get a battle print out afterwards detailing all your kills/deaths and stuff.

I came in 8th of 10 with my Uziel, 6 kills, 9 deaths. :/ My brother in law came in second at 10/5 with his Mad Cat. But I rep that little used Uziel!