Heavy/Scratch: Battlestar Galactica crossover TF

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Wikkid, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Here's a lil something I did for my boards last contest. We usually run these challenges to see how many different ideas different artists can come up when given a certain subject. This time happened to be the "Fembot challenge". Fembots really aren't my thing and I originally passed on this one...........until Playstation network went down. After a week I kinda got board so I started thinking about this challenge. As a huge fan of BSG and having a Viper Mark 2 sitting around, I figured I'd make a "joke" piece.

Design:

Going in I had 0 planning for this custom with the exception of building the whole thing around the outer engines and making them a massive set of tits (With turbine nipples). My second design choice was to try and catch some anime feminine design styling in the hip area with the "sword holders" I always found things like Gundams and the MP seekers to have an overall girly essence due to the crap hanging off their hips. My third visual to be captured was something nobody had ever done before (That I know of) Apparently there are 137 fembots in the TF universe, (who knew) and none of them have simulated long hair..........soo, again, a must for this build. The third turbine drops down to become a long ponytail and also holds the batteries and switch for this figure. Other exaggerated feminine design choices were the stiletto high heels, the narrower longer neck as seen in most female TF also adorned with gold hydraulics, the ribbing in the inner upper leg was even designed after my wifes yoga pants, and finally the wing kibble on the arms to capture that artsy crap you see models wearing on the runway. (Coulda just put em on the back but that's been done to death) Let's not even start getting into the innuendo surrounding the location of the cockpit. Oddly enough, with every design element being based on the opposite sex, It was common for d00ds to say it didn't look "Feminine" enough. Maybe its cause she's dirty.............but I think that's another innuendo. I dunno :lol 

Parts:

The legs are from a Beast Wars Depthcharge and modded all to hell to get them to fit.
    The abdomen is taken from an RID Prowl as well as the shoulder joints.
    The arms are from an Alternators Mirage.
    The ship is a 1/32 scale Viper Mark 2
    The head is from some wrestling bimbo. I tried to square it up a bit though.
    The helmet and eyes come from a $1 store samurai toy. (Made for a near perfect Centurion battle mask with some modding).

Paint:
    The challenge with the paint was to build something based on the centurion and the skin job Six. The red was chosen as a tribute to the outfit worn by the Six in the opening scene of the series as well as by the Six in Baltars head. Naturally, it had to be offset by chromish Centurion armour.
    The reason I bought this Viper in the first place was to recreate the damage typically sustained by the Vipers throughout the series. Therefore, it got the works starting with the red stripes being worn down with a weathering effect. That was followed by some grease stains, then carbon scoring, then flak damage. (Got several tutorials out of this one)

I had some big goofy bio written up too explaining her Frakmaster subgoup but it got lost or some shit.
    See whatcha think. It hits Ebay tonight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    I might be cool... (I'm joking) but it's ways to dark for me to see the goodies :( 

*insert I am dissapoint daddy pic* ;) 

3. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

i LOVE bsg..so this is just awesome to see!!....i do wish the pics where a little better....

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Verrrry creative.

This is what customizing is all about!

5. godspeed

godspeed (Dead)Head Master

Dig it! Nice viper

6. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

Holy crap man. I'm watching BSG at this moment and love it, This is extra special. If you could pull off one of the Cylon Raiders, that would be badass!! Dig that Cylon robotic head though.

7. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    i clicked on this expecting a animated twins repaint......boy was i wrong!!!!
    that's so sick it's sweet!!!!:bowdown: 

8. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

[​IMG]
    ^^To transform, sit Viper on the thrusters.

[​IMG]
    ^^Remove the landing gears. The rear struts are both attached to the lower panel, although this may be seen as parts-forming, the aircraft mode still remains usable.

[​IMG]
    ^^Open cockpit. Open undercarriage.

[​IMG]
    ^^Pull sidewalls straight outward. They can be removed as they were originally planned to become swords intended to sit within the hip kibble sheaths.

[​IMG]
    Engines drop away at a 90 degree angle.

[​IMG]
    ^^Split the nose section and flip around to the back. The head and neck section pivot upwards to sit in a central location above the boobs. Adjust the cockpit to sit up high on the chest.

[​IMG]
    ^^Pull back on rear half of engine.

[​IMG]
    ^^Roll out the arm then position it wherever.

[​IMG]
    ^^The shoulder panels fit nice and snug in the back of the boobs.

[​IMG]
    ^^Drop the third engine/ponytail down.

[​IMG]
    ^^turn feet out and pull down heels and it's done.

Here's an extra pic from the tutorial prior to be shot to hell.

[​IMG]

9. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Owww fuuuuuu WOW now make one without BD ... I love her shiny...
    Do you perhaps have shiny transformed pics?

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

This is so awesome

11. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I love it. Especially because the female face makes it look incredibly morbid.

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

That face is creeping me the fuck out!

13. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    I like it!

14. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

My girlfriend and I just spent five minutes laughing and excitedly cheering at this custom!
    Really nicely done - we thought it was just a regular BG custom model, and then saw the robot mode!
    Fine work, and great fun! Thanks for posting this - you just made our day!

15. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

i,m impressed ! fantastic work... now for a cylon raider lol

16. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Very impressive all around. Nicely done!!

17. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Amazing, love BSG and the fact that you merged BSG and TFs is just amazing and you did it with one of my favorite vehicles as well.