Battleship

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Fez Findie, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

it'd be more epic if he road in there on a black unicorn, with a hook leg, and pegged arm. then impaled the alien ship, like that white whale! :lol 

2. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's awesome and hilarious! :lol 

3. Dolza_Khyron

and then you have the heroes the kids from candy land. and the ships populated by the various people from candy land.

you have Gloppy the Molasses Monster; as the ship captain. who's always making the other characters drunk. Just by being there!

you find a reason to have them climb up ladders, then slide down chutes!

4. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad that's not what we got; I'd much rather have a more serious movie, but your ideas would be awesome for a silly YouTube video! :lol 

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I saw the movie today. I thought it was okay. I liked the part where they took the ship that was bombed on Pearl Harbor day and used it to make a comeback against the aliens. Other than that, I thought the movie was kind of bland.

6. Dolza_Khyron

but that is the problem, you can't take a story about a game board too seriously, because no one will buy it :lol 

7. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

So does anyone say "You sunk my battleship" in the movie? I don't care if it happens or not, but I am curious.

8. Dolza_Khyron

worse;

"they're not going to sink this battleship!" or something like that. and the best part is, "american warship" has the exact same line :lol 

9. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure about the movie (I haven't seen it yet), but I just read a part of the book where Hopper almost says it, "You sunk my-!"

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    :lol  Think we're finally going to see it this weekend and I'm glad to see your post...I have a feeling I will like it too.

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Finally!!!!

Went to see it over the weekend, b4 it leaves the theaters around here, and I LOVED IT!!

It was lots of fun, zany characters, and I especially loved how going retro on the tech won the day!! :popcorn 

12. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I apologize in advance for raising the dead, especially concerning a film that a fair number of posters here were meh on to downright hating, however I thought I'd share an observation.

It came out on DVD and BR just this Tuesday, and while out shopping today I noticed one store seemed to be completely sold out of the BR/DVD combo pack already and the other was already running low. Despite how it performed at the box office I dare say that Home Video sales might just pick this one up off the floor a little bit and help it to stand on its own two feet.

Watched the DVD copy earlier, checked out all the special features too, not that there were many. Just watching those behind the scenes things made me question Pete Berg's sanity a little, the guy definitely isn't the best people person around, he's like that kid from Super 8 personality wise when it comes to making movies. Not sure if that's a good thing.

I am extremely dissapointed that there are no audio commentaries, I enjoy Commentaries to be honest, but then again this is Hasbro's movie we're talking about. None of their home video releases seem to feature any type of audio commentary. (Transformers/Revenge of the Fallen/Dark of the Moon/Battleship.)

I still like this film, the story may be bland to some, me I just see a ton of potential there. It was not as bad as critics claimed.

13. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was watching a featurette last night called "Commander Pete", and I was more than a little surprised seeing Berg run around on the set like a kid who just got his first video camera.

I joked about it with my friends, saying "Now I know why the movie cost so much to make, because most of the time, he was doing everything BUT making the movie!"

The first two TF movie had commentaries, unless they were Blu-Ray exclusives. But I was also disappointed to see no commentary on the other two movies.

14. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

just saw it, instantly my favourite alien invasion movie ever, even better than the transformers films

15. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love how they werent in the navy, then shazam, theyre both in the navy, ones a commander and the other a lieutenant. And neither aged a day.

Revenge of the Fallen was better than that shit. Prolly on par with the Darkest Hour. LOL

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012