Battleship new trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody seen it.? ive posted it on general forum is it dark of the moon part 2 ha ha

2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should have done GI Joe 2 before making this.

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    What?:sly2: 

4. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They have. It comes out next year.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

GI Joe 2 has it's first trailer out some time on Monday.

The release date for Battleship is May 18, 2012 while the release date for GI Joe 2 is June 29, 2012. So yes they did make Battleship first but it's not that far ahead of the next Joe film.

To the original topic I saw the new Battleship trailer and I don't know how in the hell they could have ripped off Micheal Bay's Transformers any harder. Maybe my ears just aren't what they used to be but I could swear some of the sounds are the exact same sounds I've heard in the Transformers movies.

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I hate it when they play an annoying sound between scenes in trailers. it was good in the ROTF trailer but in this trailer it was baaaaaad.

Shame on you Hasbro, shame.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    You're not alone, Ash. I heard certain noises that are 100% on the Transformers movie. However, I don't know if they're actually ripping off Transformers, or just using same effects that Transformers might've gotten from a sound library. I mean, if Transformers uses "generic metal grinding crashing sound #43", and so does Battleship and other movies with giant metal crashing things, is it really ripping off the sound? If it came from real life/was already recorded, it's sort of fair game. Now, if the Battleship trailer used the exact same "Optimus Prime transforming in front of Mearing"-clip, that would really be ripping it off.

But it's just that these days, so many sounds are heard everywhere in movies, you can't tell who used it first. For example (time for a cool story, bro), I recently heard a massive semi-trailer drive by me, and as it turned the corner/put on its brakes, it made the EXACT (or at least eerily similar) noise to one of the Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus roars. You have no idea how confused I was. :lol  And then it hit me. "Wait, they used that truck noise for the roar. Which means that all of those other dinosaur/monster movies that use that noise aren't ripping off JP, they're just using everyday noises...they're ripping off life!" </cool story bro>

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I haven't watched every movie ever made so there is a chance that the sounds could have come from some sound library. Folly artist love to hold on to things they might need again.

But as best my memory will serve me the first time I heard the sounds was the first Transformers movie. Really great sound work on the film so those sounds kind of stand out now.

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.