Battlefield: Bad Company - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by seven, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i love the game.. only thing i dont like is the whole "kit" thing.

2. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I love the game, both single and multiplayer. Single player is great because it's quite humorous. Yeah, the AI could be better, but I'm not complaining. Graphics are nice too, as is sound. Really a grade A game.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'll expand on my single player complaints.

-AI buddies are invincible yet a few shots to you and ya gotta refill health. Some kind of armor would've been at least helpful.

-All enemies are expert marksmen and can see you from far away yet locking on too them is near impossible. I like a challenge, but come on.

-only two weapons can be held. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but the two weapon method basically rules out the fun of finding collectible weapons. Oh look a sniper rifle, or awesome shotgun...hey theres like barely any ammo for it and I gotta give up my machine gun...I think I'll keep my messly 150 round rifle. And then if you find the 300 round rifle there is no way anyone is gonna given that up. The same thing once you get the russian air raid device.

-Finding gold is pointless and a waste of time...really why even have this in the game if it accomplishes nothing.

-Going back to game play, some kind of cover system would've greatly helped out. Its no fun having to constantly refill my health just to kill a couple of guys.

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

It's Battlefield. Going in expecting anything from the Single Player game is like ice skating on lava.

With my expectations in line I was surprised with SP. It's not great but it's better than playing conquest with bots.

Also, fuck EA buying DICE. I want a damn Rallisport Challenge 3 for my 360 since RC2 isn't BC.

5. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gah it's finished :( 

Man that ended way too soon :( 

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yup. :(  The singleplayer is okay, but I loved the humor in it. "You and what army!? Oh. THAT army." :D  It's simple humor, but fun at the same time.

I just find it a pity you never get to see Miss July. :( 

7. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

Oh, that's ok. They don't mention it, but I'm sure she's a big fat hog who would just ruin the mental images anyway. :p 

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Which is exactly what I'm hoping for, just to see Sweetwater (he was the one hitting on her right?) break down into a teary mess.

There was one ad of BC that showed a Miss July who wanted to become a dispatch girl because she liked men with big explosives and has a sweet voice, but she has a Spanish/Brazillian name. Cute little red herring.

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wanted to see that too! Just have him lust after her all through the game only to find her face is not what he had in mind

10. AutobotMaximal

Not that Sweetwater is the most swave guy out there or anything. Where is he from anyway? New Jersey? Maybe he's just thinking of those days at Fenway, with a flat "biah" and a cold "hat dag".

11. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm so surprised so many people bought this game and enjoy it.

I thought the demo was shitty, both single player and online.

I'll stick with CoD4 for the rare times that I want to play online.

12. rattrap007

News Credits:
    yeah well your choice in games suck too then :D 

13. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Care to elaborate?? Especially on the multiplayer.

14. rattrap007

News Credits:
    God I hate the stupid people on here. Round starts and I grab the mortar cannon because I'm fairly good at it. I take a shot or two and then I get knifed by a team mate because they want to use it. Happend about 4-5 times today. Knifed one little dickhead right back. What is with people that they need it so bad they kill teammates? I mean I really like the mortar cannon. I love to be somewhat safe and kill lots of enemies, but if it is in use I go out and hunt. I don't jump around like a kid hopped up on sugar and then kill a squad mate just to get the cannon. I understand accidental kills, but killing someone to get a tank or cannon is stupid.

Also why does it team you up with the SAME two other people every time? One game I kept spawning with two young early teens who were talking about other things. I ended up muting them and using Avoid Player to try and get away from them. Another time I got teamed with two guys speaking I believe it was French or something.

Also Autobot Maximal and I played a few games where us and one to two other guys were the only ones doing any work. The other idiots were shooting each other with tracers and stuff. We still won with 4 people doing all the work.

15. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

If I get team killed, and I'm fairly sure its on purpose, then I make it a mission to continually team kill said person until I get kicked. I'll stay in the general spawn area with a shotgun. I'll ad them to my avoided players list afterwards. I've done it to a little shit who also liked to move back and forth in front of me as I was shooting rockets.

I avoid the artillery as an attacker becuase of the idiots, I've gotten the gold big guns badge already though. I do use it on defense a lot, I wait until they've captured the first set of gold and run to their original base. From there I usually knife the guy in the gun and use it from behind. I sometimes lay down mines and always use the view to see if anyone is coming back for me.

16. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Its so much fun!!!

haha i got an EA gamertip in the emails...and it said
    Its kinda like......ah well NO CRAP!!!!

add me on live

Th3 Riesen

17. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Totally agree~

18. AutobotMaximal

XBox Live hates us. That's why. :D  Also, I have to admit that we're getting pretty good. For us to manhandle a team like we did with the morons that we were carrying just shows that our game is not likely to be questioned. I'd love to see what we could do with a whole squad together. We need our CoD4 brothers to join our ranks on BC.

19. AutobotMaximal

Yeah, we need more troops! :D 

20. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I'll admit I'm pretty mediocre, but I did well the other day. At one point in one of the games I snuck over outside the enemy base and sniped them for a bit. That is fun.