BattleDamaged

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaVPrime, Jan 31, 2007.

1. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Forgive me if this has been posted, but has their been any news about Tfs fighting to get some form of battle damage, I know you that read the feb. script prolly know a little, but then again it probably has been revised more times then courtney Love has been to rehab. But anyways, I just watched UltimateWeapon yesterday. And when grimlock couldnt change from alt, I was wondering how battle damge might play a small formula to how the TF's try to blend into your average huminoid lol. Especially since a car at 3 mph can get a dent in the bummper, where as TF's fly down highways firing crap at eachother and such. :D 

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

TFs might look like cars and trucks and jets, but they're not, and they're apparently made of much stronger materials than anything earth-based.

3. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    and they are made from some kind of organic bio-metal that can regenerate itself

4. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

Think Necrons from Warhammer 40k.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd hadn't really given this any thought. The alien materials argument definitely covers why they won't have problems transforming after a crazy fist fight.

But on the other hand, watching Barricade ram Bumblebee, and then seeing Bumblebee pull ahead with no real body damage is going to be a little visually jarring. And if damage is done, and then we see it repair itself completely, it'll be sorta lame to me--as in, "well, hell, if they can't be hurt, where's the drama?"

I guess this is just one of those things I'll have to relay on Bay & Co. to find a good middle-of-the-road answer.

6. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    I can understand that ILM, speilberg,Bay, and crew put alot of effort into this, but youd think that if they scan a vehicle, the materials it is made out of fits the costume....but I guess not. It would seem to me that if its a totally different allow then how un -earth-based is it?????? And obviously plenty of metals on earth can be destroyed thanks to the show FutureWeapons lol :D  So I also guess that brawl would scan a tank, but instead of firing shells out of the cannon, it would be some sort of consentrated beam???

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

As far as the weapons, I think I read Don Murphy saying that in alt-modes, their weapons would be consistent with Earth vehicles, and in robot-mode, they'd use SF-energy-blaster things.

8. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    the middle of the road answer is that it isnt quite as efficient as that.. it takes some time for the rengeration to happen, ie. not quite long enough for your legs to glue back on to allow you to stand up and run away from a giant decepticon charging at you, leaving you having to rely on lucky shots (namin no names of course)

and also taht from the sounds of it its like how a flatworm can regnerate itself - if you cut off a slice of a flatworm that contains a piece of gut and some nerves then itll grow into a whole new flatworm. but if it doesnt contain those parts, then it'll do nothing. (or for some real fun, slice a flatworms head in two down the middle between the eyes and each half will grow into a proper head, and you can then do te same again and have a 4-headed flatworm)

ie. if your voicebox gets totally destroyed on the battlefields of tyger pax by an angry decepticon whos about 5 times as big as you then it cant regenerate itself, which is a bugger if you dont have time to get it repaired before you have to head off on your own to earth

9. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    I see, so....they can regenerate like humans...well a little more "easily than we can. But when they are in a fight they dont just grow a new limb they have to attach it and hope to god, or w/e huminoid haey suis that it regens fast enough ???? Hmmmm, I do like the sound of that but it would be so much cooler to see battle damage on autobots and decepticons for a while, and then regen. because You can have a scar for years some dont go away. :D 

10. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    yeah, if theres no chance of scraping your paintwork then that would rule out sunstreakers character being in it wouldnt it :) 

11. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    lol true, but it sounds a little human. I mean if we cant get a cut healed fast it get infected so, if a decepticons looses his arm and it isnt regened soon....well hes done for lol ^^

12. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    in all serousness though, there is battle damage in the movie, bumblebee's whole mouth is nothing but battle damage

13. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    You know what, know Iam glad we have never found their to be such thing as huminoids that can blend in with their surrounding enviroments, because rational thought says"He will crush you" lol, yea I guess their will be subliminal damage, unfourtanetly for BB well....he just cant regen a face lol!!

14. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    this cracked me up before i realized that lol wasnt part of the noun

15. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    anyway...yeah, i am also wondering about how they will deal with the damage factor. im sure ratchet will have something to do with it.