Battlebots: Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NGW, Jun 26, 2007.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but for now it'll do.

Was jus' thinking.

You know that show Battlebots from back in the late 90's or so. There was also Robot Wars, which originated in the UK I believe...

Anyways, as I said..I was thinking. How cool would it be to have a toyline that was basically transformers based on Battlebots (i.e. Backlash, Vlad the Impaler, El Toro, etc.)

I think it'd be pretty cool if done right, yeah?

For those of you not in the know on Battlebots: http://battlebots.com/

Wanted to post this before I forgot about it (have a bad habit of doing that).

I used to have some of the actual Battlebots toys..would be kinda fun to see if I could mod them to transform.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I think it's a bit too late for this, considering Battlebots has been off the air for years now (although you can still occasionally see Grant Imahara's one on Mythbusters).

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

That was a really cool show, but I don't think they'd work too well as Transformers. Most of them had similar, sometimes unstable designs with just the bare minimum components to make the robot work. Wouldn't leave much for a Transformer unless you didn't mind robo kibble in alt mode. All in all, you'd probably end up with a lot of Movie Frenzy type robots.