Battle with Scorponok and Arrival on Earth questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I know I bitch and moan a lot about the movie, but the battle with Scorponok and the Autobots arrival on Earth were two of the best scenes in the movie and I love them both. However I do have two questions (one for each topic) which occurred to me last night.

Question 1. Why didn't Scorponok utterly destroy Captain Lennon and his team? You'd think a sophisticated alien robot would easily wipe out the five humans armed with the equivalent of peashooters. I mean until the airforce arrived the humans were doing little to damage Scorpy. And on that note Scorponok seemed like he was just firing randomly and not actually aiming at the humans. I'm sure if he actually targeted them, he'd win easily.

Question 2. Why did the Autobots crash onto the Earth instead of just landing? I mean I realize that in most Transformers continuities TFs usually crash on Earth but that's because their ship is out of control. In the movie they deliberately crashed. I mean landing would be far less painful, and would create less damage. Think about it; the Autobots crashing all around the city were endangering lives and destroying property.

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these on these topics. Talk amongst yourselves.

2. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

1. He was dicking around, and enjoying the chaos he was causing. He though, like you point out, that the humans couldn't hurt him.

2. The Autobots weren't really designed for space travel and had to make do with what they could get away.

3. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

Agree with GW on point one...but I had not really thought about point two...

Valid question, and Im'ma watch again this weekend and think on it (lol)

4. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

1. I'm pretty sure he just loved toying tith the humans, firing randomly like that.

2. I chalk this up to They got bumblebee's message about the Cube being on earth, and being that they were the 4 nearest to the earth, they raced there as fast as they could.

5. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1. Not sure.

2. I have thought about this. If they crashed on earth from space, how could a couple of punches or being smashed to the ground by another bot would cause no damage.

6. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    1. Scorponok has always been that way for the most part...all about chaos and just using fire power as a scare-tactic.

2.It would seem more realistic for them to crash land since entering the earths atmosphere as a transformed cybertronian mode would suck when you try and land...including they shaped themselves as cometts to enter the earths atmosphere easily without landing on there feet..them falling twaords earth is the equivalent of us' trying to land after jumping off the empire state building.

Besides that was another "incogneto" attempt, disguising yourself as a comment would cause a little less havoc then lets say, a giant alien robot landing on its feet in the middle of the city you know?

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably because the meteor-mode got no landing gear.

8. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

They were relatively tiny targets, and Scorpy seemed to be keeping his distance from them as much as possible. Notice how the only time he attacked a human physically was from hiding? He wanted to fight them from a distance to protect himself, which gave them their chance to call in support.

Landing is slower and more conspicuous; not only would humans everywhere have identified them immediately, but so would the Decepticons. The fastest way to get into action was to crash like a meteor and then disappear in disguise.

9. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

The "stealth comet" approach makes a lot of sense...we're gonna go with that one Bob.

10. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    let's just say "it's a movie"

Also I like the "stealth comet" answer too. :thumb 

11. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    1. I dunno if he was really messing with the humans, I think he was doing battle with them and there were so many humans to shoot at that, they were almost well matched strategically. If it weren't for the Air Strike, Skorponok would've won the fight but he wasn't dicking around with them

2. They're literally comets. You don't expect a comet to have reverse engines so that it has a smooth landing. Its like Armageddon but 100 times better

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

1) Movie tension. They needed the soliders for later in the film so they couldn't follow the logic of gee he's got them pinned and outgunned so he should wipe them out. With all the firing though they tried to go for a feel of maybe these guys will get taken out. You see it in lots of films where a character needs to be in hot water but also in a later part of the film.

2) I'd have to say it was less to do with logic and more to do with some visual thing they were going for. Yea logic says the Autobots are the type to hug some alien race rather than break their metal foot off in their butt so they should have landed somewhere free of people to make sure no one got squished by accident. But for the visual impact the idea was hey lets hit a city with stuff falling out the sky like that other film the director did.

At least movie logic though gives us plenty of stuff to pick apart.