Battle Ops Bumblebee Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Dran0n, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    thank god i got ha bee because he looks 10x better than that big thing.

3. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so he doesn't transform?

4. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It transforms, there are just two different videos to showcase each mode.

I would never buy this to go with the rest of the line because it is so out of scale with the rest (HA Bumblebee is still the reigning champ).

However, it still looks like a really nice figure. If you thought "Ultimate Bumblebee" was a shelfwarmer before, just wait until this thing comes out. :D 

5. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    He looks like he'd make a great display piece in Robot Mode, but the flaws you mentioned prevent him from overtaking the HA version.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I agree with the "yeah it's not in-scale, but it's still a decent toy." of my past sentiments.

Are we seriously hung-up on scale in Transformers at this point? Can't we just appreciate a toy by itself?

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, the more I TF and look at it, the more I am impressed with it. Like I said to someone earlier, if Hasbro took the engineering on this figure... and applied that to HA BB, you'd have the best ROTF figure hands down.

Some minor flaws I talked about were easily modified and improved. I added better, stronger knees, a fully articulated hand on his left hand, blue LED eyes, white head and smog/driving lights...plan to rework his right shoulder as well, giving it the same articulation as the left. Major thanks to Kotoys.com for this

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  8. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If i get another bumblebee it will still be HA...

9. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See, now you're showing off. :D 

10. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

FrenzyRumble, I'm not picking on you but I will use you as an example.
    With many people getting main line figures early, why do we have so many people doing video reviews of them without fully understanding them yet? Or did I just answer my own question? Are you all in such a hurry to show everyone that you have the toy first and want to get the very first Youtube video up?
    We already have Peaugh and Vangelus, among many others, giving us great reviews of figures. Why not take the extra half hour and bring up the standards a tad bit?

11. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    So how long till it get ba-

... That was quick.

12. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol, his reviews are fine. Their just not 'quality'. At least better than some of GenZhao's vids (no offense).
    True, at least to me, it might be a little jumpy, but he showcases the fig good enough for me to understand. And he doesn't prioretize making vids. His specialty is customizing. ;) 

13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Actually looks a hell of a lot better than I thought it would. That being said, I think I will hold off until Christmas time in hopes that this is one of Amazon's Lightning Fast Deals. Just don't feel the urge to spend $60 in the near future when there is so much good stuff coming out from retail, import, convention/club, exclusives, and 3rd party. Just glad I am not into the Hunt for D-Cons (outside of HA Jazz and Leader Starscream), or the combiner junk. Too much stuff to buy, not enough income.

14. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Looks cool but pass. Nice solid review, some engineering issues, good looking toy but pass.

15. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty cool. I agree F_R....if they had put, at the least, that cannon to arm/hand transformation into HA BB....he had been pure win. I mean, he's good now, but that would have made him the best IMO.

Looking forward to the added articulation you give him....kinda sucks that arm has that limited movement.

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I WANTH IM, he loosk Better than the HA Bee and its deluxes coutnrparts

17. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Looks great, especially the arm cannon. Love the conversion gimmick.

18. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, I certainly appreciate the support, but to be fair, if you go back and look at some of my early videos, they're far from perfect. Hell, I'd argue they're not perfect NOW. There's always something I forget to mention or I think of something I want to add after the fact. Videos have much more of a learning curve than most people think, and everyone has their own ideas of what their "perfect" video is. If F/R wants to do videos, I wish him the best, and I say give him time to figure out exactly what works best for him. The only way to improve is to start actually doing videos and learning through trial/error.

That said, BB looks better than I expected, but still not sure if it's something I'll end up getting.

19. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    This guy honestly turned out better than I though he would, and I'm glad the stupid pull ring can come off. If I see this guy for cheap enough (which is inevitable) I wouldn't mind picking it up.

20. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

I think the review was great. The only complaint I have is why they (Hasbro) continues to spend money on GIANT sized BB shelf warmers and the such when they could make fans way happier with a kickass supreme Blackout, Demolisher, Longhaul or Fallen figure. And then there is always the more affordable leader class line. But Noooooooooo! They insist on making what technically should be an almost exclusively a deluxe figure (so that it is in scale with the rest of the Autobots) into a completely out of scale figure that will sell to far less people at retail price. Call me crazy!:crazy: