Battle Ops Bumblebee Out at US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    Kmart in Des Plaines, IL. $59.99

Attached Files:

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Finally, a new TF that I can actually pass on.

3. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

I'll wait for clearance. I thnk it's kinda cool, just not $60 cool.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Saw this guy at Botcon and he looks pretty good. I may get him eventually, however not from K-mart. He will probably be cheaper at Wal*Mart.

5. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    That big mofo has been released.

God help us.

6. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah.....I was thinking the same thing.....$49.99 at Walmart sounds about right.....

7. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

I'm looking forward to this :)  the batteries will be taken out but he's a damn accurate BB!

8. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the look of this guy and I think I'll get him eventually. Either as a gift (he's a wishlister) or on sale, but I don't feel like he will be quite a BUY NOW thing.

Here's a thought, do you think he will join Starscream as an MP-MV figure?

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Does he sing or dance or anything?

10. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

uk has had it for ages (just in a few stores and nobody has bothered to buy it yet)

im still appauled at the hasbro £1 = $1 rate when in fact its £0.66 = $1 so instead of £59.99 it should cost £39.67 making the difference £20.32

so hasbro expect us to pay £20 extra than america for bumblebee

11. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

There's just too much to buy in the next couple of months.

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I hope not, but he probably will. Not as well engineered or executed, or screen accurate as Prime or Starscream. Not to mention Battle blade Bumblebee and HA Bumblebee are far more accurate and better executed than this big piece of "mommy! I want the big bumblebee!", cause that's what this is. To me, it's little better than the waste that was Roll out and Command Prime, though he's light years ahead of that piece of trash Supreme Bumblebee.

In short, for the money, they should have done better.

13. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In light of this mornings announcement that Japan will be getting leader Starscream as a MP toy, I would really wait on this guy (if I didn't already have one- which I like pretty well btw). This guy is a very likely candidate to follow as MP also.

The question in both cases is will the japanses MP version(s) feature the same sort of improvements Buster prime had over wide release Prime?

I love how this news broke about 24 hours after I opened my leader Starscream. Grr.

14. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    So was the only reason this isn't called a Leader is so they can jack up the price? Oh well. Still probably going to get it since it does look pretty damn cool.

The only good thing about the current crunch of new stuff hitting shelves is that they hopefully made a ton of it and I don't have to be worried about any of it vanishing quickly.

15. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    This.

He seems pretty cool, but he's just too big and expensive. Plus, he's another movie Bumblebee. I got the Battle Blades one, and that's enough for me. If there's anything I'll spend 60 bucks on anytime soon, it'll be Masterpiece Grimlock.

16. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Emperor Of Destruction

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    To quote Dr. Evil: "HOW ABOUT 'NO'?!?" I'll stick with the Human Alliance version, thankyouverymuch.

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I don't think this Bee will vanish quickly. It's a big expensive Bee, I think it will warm shelves.

18. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's my thinking too, Takara will probably go that way. I don't think he is a BAD figure, but he's overpriced. I think he lookes pretty accurate in a lot of ways, with only a few minor issues.

19. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although I completely agree that they could/should have done better for the money-

I completely disagree about the accuracy thing. Despite needing more paint, more articulation and some gimmicks interfering with a few things on the toy (an issue that hurts battle blades BB as well) Battle ops bumblebee is one of the most accurate ones we've had so far. (he's also the only one so far with a retractable battle mask that looks good enough it's actually worth having down)

His biggest issue is that he's just so big.

As a side note, I just got battle blades BB yesterday, and I am impressed. This is without a doubt the only deluxe that's come close to the first movie's premium bb. If they'd done the shoulders correctly (not sure why non of the new BBs are doing the shoulders right), and done the forearms right instead of cluttering them with gimicks, then this would hands down be the best deluxe BB (maybe the best BB period).

I've got half a mind to buy a second one, saw the shoulders off where they're supposed to be, remount the wings and have a nearly perfect non transforming BB.

As it is, it's a tough call between the better sculpted details on this new one, and the more accurate body on the old one (as well as the full body paint job).

20. Sam Witwicky

Sam Witwicky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last I saw he was still instock on amazon.com Amazon.com: Transformers Cyber Ops Bumblebee: Toys & Games $64.99 price though.

Also on the accuracy Bumblebee thing. This is how I see it HA Bumblebee, Deluxe Battle Blades Bumblebee, & Cyber Ops Bumblebee. Those are the only ones so far in the RotF line that seem to be the best accuracy to date. A few of them just need some decent paint apps and some added touches and you've got yourself a decent movie accurate Bumblebee.