Battle Ops Bumblebee - Belongs with MPs??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pac_tim, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Pac_tim

Pac_tim Urban Achiever

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi there. My kids (with Mama's help) bought me Battle Ops BB for my birthday (at least they know what I like!). I wasn't planning on getting him, and I try to limit my shelves to one toy per character (for instance, I have the deluxe ROTF BB already amongst all the ROTF Autobots, so putting another huge one there doesn't make sense to me).

So my question is, would he be ok to put on the shelf with my US Masterpieces? I don't collect the ones from overseas (until they get here), so I only have OP, SS, Skywarp, and Grimmy. I'm trying to decide whether to keep him or not, and maybe you guys can help me to make up my mind. I also don't want to crush my five and two year olds hearts, so that factors in IF they get upset. Otherwise, any help is appreciated!!

2. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

Man, your kids gave this to you, isn't that enough reason to keep him ? Besides, he's a great figure ! Enjoy your B-Day present ! Hope I get him for mine !

3. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

If you get rid of him, be prepared for ties and "world's best dad" mugs for the rest of your life. They got you an awesome gift, display it proudly. :thumb 

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

If it helps rationalize it, Takara is releasing that exact same mold AS a Masterpiece figure. So yes, I think that (plus the sentimental aspect of it being from your kids) more than justifies it standing with the other MP's.

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Because the movie look is so different from the MP's that tend to follow a more G1 style, I would say that he wouldn't fit in. I would probably just make a special spot for him to be displayed by himself. Somewhere that's easy to see so that the kids (and Mama! :) ) will know that you appreciate that awesome gift, but also so that it doesn't mess with the look of your collection shelves.

6. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Keep him. Because your kids will eventually want to play with it anyway.

Also, happy belated bday Pac_tim!

7. Pac_tim

Pac_tim Urban Achiever

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My wife said that! I should just keep it so that doesn't happen!

Thanks. Ugh - getting old. Anyway, my oldest told my wife when they got it that even though it will be on Daddy's shelves (which they are not allowed to touch), he will still be able to press the button on it.

They also probably got it for me because I do own the real 2010 TF Edition Camaro.

Ok - You guys are right. I can't even risk hurting them, and he is a good-looking figure. I think I'll put him in the MPs and hope that they eventually come out with a MP that isn't G1. But does this mean I also have to get the Starscream!?!?! Now my head hurts!

Thanks everyone!

8. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you dont "collect" overseas ones dont put it with you US ones. Since your kids got it put it somewhere special in its own place. Be proud of it. I hope when I pop out somekids they would be as awesome as that.

9. oddacidtea

oddacidtea Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say that BOBB is a Masterpiece,but he's very cool. IMHO, a Masterpiece Transformer matches detail and poseabilty, and I need fully posable arms and a rotating head at least. On the upside, there must be around 12 unique electronic sound fx!

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    its a gift from your close ones. Keep it even if its the worse mold.

11. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Don't let collector's OCD get in the way of enjoying a great gift from your family. Who cares what he belongs with? I'll never understand why some collectors worry about such things. I received Bumble Spud (the Mr. Potatohead Bumblebee) as a gift and he is displayed proudly with the rest of my collection.

12. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's a keeper. At first I wasn't really crazy about buying him (even at 50% off) But after a while he is now one of my favs. I like the scale. He's huge, and would look great on your dashboard... or hang him from your rearview mirror. J/K.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  13. Pac_tim

Pac_tim Urban Achiever

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha! Very true about the Collector's OCD. Thanks for the perspective.

14. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    No, it means you GET to! :p  Seriously, I don't know yet if Battle Ops Bee deserves the title of MP yet (haven't picked it up yet, waiting for clearance) but that Leader Starscream is awesome!

15. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Takara certainly think it's worthy of MP status, and it is a pleasantly complex and (mostly) accurate figure. I really like it. He isn't with my MPs, but he could go there without difficulty. As for Starscream, he's a definite must. I love that figure!

16. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Um, go for it, dude.

17. Pac_tim

Pac_tim Urban Achiever

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I opened it with the kids today after work. They got all of the button pushing they could muster. He's not a bad figure, either. Now it goes on the shelf!