Battle of Autobot City

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

When Optimus Prime came and confronted Megatron as what it seem to be their Final Battle. But the question is when Prime and Megatron where fighting was the battle on Autobot City still going on or they stopped fighting and watched Prime and Megatron's Fight?

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Why would they stop? Really, both sides would have to be the worst armies in the entire universe to just stop and watch. It's a battle, you don't stop until one side retreats.

3. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    well, the decepticons were making their final strike on the city. Then when Optimus comes in, you see him take out the rest of the decepticon forces, before he confronts Megatron. They may have been on the verge death and couldn't join the fight. But again, it's trying to put logic into a HUGE toy commercial lol

4. victoryconvoy

victoryconvoy Well-Known Member

i think some did and some didn't

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know about them, but if I'd seen some slack jawed cybertronian from the other side gawking at prime and megatron's fight, I'd put a laser through his face.

6. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    :lolol 

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The answer is hidden within the script.

"Their defenses are broken! Let the slaughter begin!" says Megatron. This leads one to believe that the defense broke ... meaning either the Autobots defending were killed, or they retreated to another location (ie: the Decepticons broke through the outside of Autobot City and were going to start rampaging through within). Optimus Prime's ship drops off the Dinobots who take on Devastator while the other Decepticons go running through what is basically the courtyard of Autobot City ... where Optimus Prime drives through and mows everyone down, ending with Megatron and the battle.

The Autobots didn't interfere with Optimus Prime and Megatron (except Hot Rod) because, as Kup says: "This is Prime's fight."

The Decepticons were still picking up the pieces.

The REAL question ... what was Hot Rod doing from the time he says "I've got to help Prime!" (and is JUST DOWNSTAIRS FROM THE BATTLE) to actually jumping on top of Megatron like a girly pillow fight?

8. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

They all watched like it was a yo mama throwdown.

"One shall stand, one shall fall."

Ooooo! He told you Megatron. He TOLD you.

"I'll crush you with my bare hands!!"

OHHHHHHH!!!!

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Planning his part in the murder of Optimus Prime.

10. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Haha...the youtube video of that.

Anyways. I hated Rodimus for many years because of childhood scars right there. I like him now. -_-

11. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Kup had a front row seat, Im assuming Arcee did as well

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Prime did it. He turned the tide.

I have no doubt Starscream was watching the fight with great interest...

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I feel the answer is right there on screen for all to see.

When Hotrod says, "I got to Prime" you can see and hear the sounds of explosions and weapons fire, the flash's of light seems to be coming from behind him.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He didn't really kill him (Megatron did) but in Transformers Tatakai, Rodimus blames himself for Prime's death.

I like to think Kup was watching the whole thing just so he had a new war story to tell.

"I remember the time when Prime almost killed Megatron and Hot Rod intervened and Megatron used him as a robot shield and Megatron shot and killed Optimus Prime.........."

15. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I'd like to imagine at least one Decepticon had no idea that all this was going on at the other side of the city and just went blasting along, merrily, maybe even doing well for himself (let's say he's the one that takes down Wheeljack and Windcharger).
    "At last," he thought, "we're going to win an episode. I haven't heard Megatron cry 'Retreat!' once. Brilliant."
    The number of Autobot opponents thinned out. As if they were distracted by something.
    He rounded a corner to the hub of Autobot City, before him lay the [McGuffin] that would bring ultimate Decepticon victory.
    Then, out of the window, he sees Astrotrain taking off, heavy with the retiring Decepticon forces.

"Ah, crap..."

I call it Spotlight: G1 Waspinator.

16. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Yeah but Optimus took down the Decepticon army for vegence after the death of his crew on the Shuttle and wanted to make sure no Decepticons would interfer in his Final Battle with Megatron, I think Starscream was just waiting for ther moment to strike and take out Prime from behind.

p.s: Did they ever mentioned who's shot Wheeljack and Windcharger? I dont remmber where but somewhere it says it was Thundercraker with Skywarp i dont know if it was ever revealed.

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Optimus had no idea what happened on the other shuttle, since he came in on the second one.

There was no vengenance in his action, he just cleared a path to Megatron. I'm fairly certain that no other Decepticons helped Megatron, because Megatron wanted Prime all to himself.

And Starscream certainly would have taken the opportunity to take out either Prime or Megatron depending on who won the fight.

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

dp

19. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Prime came the next day and if he received a distress order from Blaster about a Decepticon ambush i'm pretty sure he had a clue about the Shuttle Attack.

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Doubtful.

Theres no reason to assume Optimue learned of the deaths of the shuttles crew.

Seems Optimus jumped into battle right after he landed.

The film itself never covered it.

The storyboards indicate that Wheeljack survived.

And I cant remember what the script said

From the Dialog of the film.:
    first transmission
    Blaster:"Optimus Prime do you read me?, The Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city,We're really taking a pounding, dont know how much longer we can hold out"

second transmission
    Blaster:"Optimus Prime do you read me?, The Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city,We're really taking........"message interrupted by attacking Decepticons

sorry buddy, but based on what we saw and heard in the film theres no logical reason to assume Optimus had any knowledge of what happen to the crew of the first shuttle.