Battle Of Autobot City Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by G1Decepticons, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Being a fan of Sideswipe, I hate to say it but is that him lying beside Wheeljack and Windcharger at the start of the scene with the rocket launcher?

Also, I know it's terrible but I was glad Wheeljack died. Just never liked him. Just wish Kup could have been in Prowl's place but again I never liked him.

In the IDW adaption, Beachcomber is seen lying beside them.

We also see the Reflector trio, Shockwave and Dirge, Thrust and Ramjet killed either in said adaption or the actual movie.

It amazes me that people believe there were so few Autobots in Autobot city. There were probably dozens that never appeared in any form but that doesn't mean they weren't. There were loads of unrecogniseable (and duplicated) Decepticons responding to Shockwave's call to arms when Unicron attacked.

In answer to an earlier post, Wheelie was there to guide the Dinobots.

I also like to believe the storyboards. Only sorry we didn't get to see Magnus, Sideswipe and co. tackle Devestator or the death of Mirage. Would have been far cooler than the Arcee/Springer bits we did get.

The only thing that really bugs me is that I still consider the UK comics my canon so Shockwave survived and rallyed the Decepticons but worse Wheeljack is seen in Space Pirates so according to that he survived the movie. But then Brawn is also seen strung up in that story so......

2. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

yeah sideswipe lying dead. That was a miscolored wheeljack. i am not sue if there were dozenns of autobots at the city though. There were 19 decepticons who attacked it and the autobot said they were outnumbered. So there has to be like 10-16 some autobots at the city. though other than the offscreen ones idk. In storyboards we see mirage get killed at the city. We see sunstreaker at the city and smokescrren dead in wheeljacks place and wheeljack and bluestreak alive at the city the next morning of that battle. Red alert,tracks,and sideswipe were seen athe citya nd red alert died and we see trailbreaker dead at the city. So where does that bring the autobot count up too i do not know.

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    G1Decepticons have you looked at the website tfwiki? It will save you asking multiple questions over multiple threads as almost all your answers are there

4. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

i doubt there was only like 10 autobots defending a decepticon attack while the several dozens where building it.

5. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

yes i looked at something called battle of autobot city where it talked about what happened in the movie. It did talk about offscreen characters like mirage,trailbreaker,redalert,tracks,and sideswipe though. The thing that i get confused about is the animation errors cause you see sunstreaker in the storyboards inside the city and in the movie piloting the shuttle with prime and the dinobots in it. Thats what i egt confused about.

6. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I didn't say there were. Megatron clearly says he needs to sneak past their early warning systems for the attack to work. The city obviously isn't operational yet so it stands to reason that the forces were scattered, possibly across the globe. When UM declares they're outnumbered he's refering to the number of avaliable defenders, not the total population of Autobots on Earth.

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Also, with the Insecticons around the Autobots could be out numbered in just a few minutes.

8. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

oh sorry it hought you emant the total poulation at the city. Oh sorry for the confusion. yeah i knew thats what ultra magnus meant when he said that.

9. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

For those questioning if Windcharger and Wheeljack really did die or not...

Think about it...

They're laying there, and then Devastator throws a huge wall into that room. As Hot Rod, Kup, Springer, Arcee, and Daniel are running out, you see the whole room starts to collapse and possibly explode (because there are missiles in there.)

Say they weren't exactly dead, but dying as Arcee dragged them in... I'd think it's safe to say that they died in that scene.

Been watching a ton of Transformers The Movie lately, as my almost 2 year old daughter is in love with it... More so than Barney.

10. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Autobots:

Hot Rod*, Kup*, Arcee, Springer, Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Blaster, Huffer*, Bluestreak*, Wheeljack, Blur, Windcharger, Hound*, Grapple, (Off screen: Tracks, Red Alert, Smokescreen, Trailbreaker, Sideswipe.)

Decepticons:

Megatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Dirge, Thrust, Ramjet, Blitzwing, Soundwave, Astrotrain, Constructicons(6,) Insecticons(3,) Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Ratbat (I'd think they would count.) And I guess Reflector since they were seen.

I put the * up, for those who weren't exactly in the city as it was getting attacked.

Therefore, they were technically outnumbered at the moment in the movie.

As for Hound, I don't see it as him being on the shuttle with Optimus Prime, but rather meeting up with Prime and Sunstreaker, to sort of give them the run down? As that is what he usually did in G1.

I'm posting based on just watching the movie, I haven't read any of the comic adaptations.

And Ratchet didn't turn grey, and as it shows the Decepticons taking charge of the controls of the shuttle, Prowls siren lights are red.

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hound most likey survived using a Hologram, as he once tricked Starscream. Too bad he couldn't save Huffer as well. Oh and by the way, I still don't think Wheeljack died. Animation error or not, he still returned in Victory. Perceptor would not have trusted a newcomer to work on Ginrai, and only someone like Wheeljack (and maybe Rachet)could have pulled off that operation to Victory Leo. Wheeljack was not intended to be dead. The story boards had Smokescreen in his place.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  12. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I think they should have had swarms, hundreds of Decepticons flying about and fighting in the background (obviously they'd have to be clones in appearance for practical reasons) to show the numerical superiority they had because there was a decent number of Autobots and a massively armoured city bristling with giant guns.

I wouldn't mind seeing a game at some point that does something like this with this battle and shows where all the missing bots like Superion, Omega Supreme, Bruticus etc where.

13. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I never read that and can't really find any details on it..can you tell me what happened, who died at the Ark etc? Thanks.

14. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

If this doesn't prove wheeljack is dead nothing does. Also, his appearance in Victory is strange because the Japanese Community did not get Transformers the Movie until sometime after Victory was over right? They didn't know Wheeljack was dead.

No topic has been beaten to death more than this one.... Who died at Autobot City.

All I know is...

in the end.. it was Megatron that Crushed Optimus prime! HAHHAHAHAHAHA

TAKE that Autobot lovers lol

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still think Wheeljack was rebuilt, if anyone could have dodged death it was Wheeljack. :wink: 

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It isn't shown. It's literally a single image done as a two-page splash, and all the combatants seem to be still kicking. The whole thing seemed done as an aside, like "Where are the combiners?" "They've got problems of their own!" "Well then, moving along". Also, its part of the IDW comic adaptation, so whether or not it fits into the cartoon continuity is up for discussion.

17. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

If his colors aren't grey, then he's still OK.

:D 

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You might say that he's history, but he shows up in Victory.

Not as good, I know.

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol!!! I didn't think of that. what is death anyway in the Transformer world. They can all be rebuilt someway or another!

20. redoptics

redoptics Banned

they turn grey and their spark goes within the matrix so no they cant be rebuilt, but then again prime has so fuck knows lol