Battle Masks

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MekaGojira3k, Oct 21, 2009.

1. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay this may seem like a weird question, but I was wondering who exactly uses battle masks in the movies?

I'm aware that Bumblebee and Prime do. I was just wondering if any other bots, like say Sideswipe or Ironhide do? I only wondered since recent toys would indicate that they have one, but I wonder if it was ever in the films themselves.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the top of my head, Bee, Optimus, Ironhide and The Fallen all got battle masks in at least one scene, maybe there's more.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Blackout used one in the first movie. (it reforms when he aims at Epps in the city) Jazz had one. Ironhide has one, but I can't remember seeing emphisised. Megatron, first movie design, supposedly always had his "combat mode" head on. His regular head was less-armoured, and resembled the rejected head design with the final design's more human-like face.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I remember seeing Ironhide with his in at least one of the two movies. It's not a huge difference from his normal face, so it can be hard to notice. Ratchet might have one, but if he does, it's not much different from his normal face. Jazz had one, and I think Sideswipe may have one, but like Ironhide, it's not all that different from his normal face. I don't think the Twins have battle masks, but if they do, they haven't used them. I don't think any of the con's have them, but they're built for battle, so their "normal" heads might be tough enough to not need battle masks.

5. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Ironhides is in the first movie when he comes out of the pool.

6. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

Optimus and Ironhide have the retractable mouthplate, Bumblebee has the whole face mask, The Fallen seemed to have some sort of battle mask resembling his mouthplate in the Dreamwave comics, Jazz had normal eyes in the arrival scene, but a visor in the final battle. That's what I've noticed.

7. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

Didn't Sideswipe have one too?

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Sideswipe's toy has one (his real face is supposedly his battle mask)..but I haven't seen it in the movie.

Can anyone tell me where exactly Ironhide has a battle mask? I know what it looks like, it's just that I haven't seen it in the movies myself. :) 

9. Captain Acehole

Captain Acehole Smooth...

We know Ironhide and Sideswipe have them but I can't really recall ever seeing them in the actual movies. Sideswipe's is definitely harder to see too.

I know Rampage had one. Right after he aims his gun at Sam's parents you can see it transform away.

10. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

The Recon ironhide has a battlemask on it, but I don't ever recall actually seeing that mask in the movie.....maybe if I have a closer look.

Basing their faces off of the entry scenes doesn't really work as they could've just changed when they took their Alt. modes. Jazz goes from single eyes to well, wearing a pair of shades cos he's cool and hip and all that.......

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'm pretty sure it's only Prime and Bumblebee. If any of the other characters do use their battle masks, they're hidden by over complicated faces and shaky cams; so I suppose it doesn't matter if they're there or not.

EDIT: Seriously, how do you people notice this stuff? Is it that you need 20/20 vision to be able to tell these details or are you just guessing you're seeing battle masks? I certainly can't see all of this stuff. You people must have compound eyes or something. LOL!

12. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Prime had the faceplate, Bee had the battle mask, Jazz had the visor, and Ironhide had the battle mask in only the first game on the consoles. That's all I've seen. I don't think Ironhide or anyone else has used one.

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm sure they all have one, it might be common sense, like when we go to war, the soilders don't go unless they've got the right gear on.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's just say that I'm a little bit obsessed with the CGI models.

And with a little bit I mean OGOD I CAN RECOGNIZE EVERY SINGLE GEAR AND WIRE I'M SUCH A FREAKING NERD

15. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Prime, Bumblebee, The Fallen, Sideswipe (Even on his Human Alliance toy), Ironhide, Jazz and I think Megatron (in the first movie) have battlemasks.

Several CGI Concept images for this movie had Ironhide with a battlemask. Jazz went from a mouth to an x-shaped mask.