Minor/Repaint: Battle Damaged & Weathered Limited Edition Optimus Prime Statuette

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jcsum, Dec 5, 2010.

1. jcsum

jcsum Active Member

Ebay:
    Hi all,

This is a custom of the limited edition 12″ statuette of Optimus Prime produced by Popbox Collectibles and licensed by Hasbro. This is number 258 of 500.

Although it is already a limited edition collectable, to make it truly one of a kind, I decided to give it my battle damage and weathered treatment as well as add a weapon. This now makes it one of a kind and unique in the whole entire world.

Some might think I am crazy to “destroy” this statuette but most collectors and the average person would agree the custom statuette has way more attitude and is cooler.

The custom work was not as easy to apply. While the figure is made of very good material and high impact, there are also a lot of fragile parts that are delicate. The amount of physical pressure asserted on the statuette had to be very measured. Had I not worked on several custom Primes before this, I would not have dared tackled this piece of art.

Custom Paintwork and Modifications include:

1) Battle Damage -Bullet holes, lazer slashes, scratches, dents and nicks

2) Paintwork – Battle Damage using Smoke, Black Wash, Gun Metal, Chrome Silver, Metallic Silver and Black. Additional Detailing of Copper Piping and Gold trim

3) Weathering – Mud and Grass effects

4) Buster Prime Gun with minor additions including a gas tube and ammo belt as well as a custom sculpted handle so the statuette could hold it.

5) White Swarwoski Crystals for search lights on front of abdomen.

Hope you like it!

J C

Attached Files:

• OP1.JPG
      OP1.JPG
      File size:
      186.1 KB
      Views:
    • OP2.JPG
      OP2.JPG
      File size:
      128.8 KB
      Views:
    • OP3.JPG
      OP3.JPG
      File size:
      130.6 KB
      Views:
    • OP6.JPG
      OP6.JPG
      File size:
      178.7 KB
      Views:
    • OP8.JPG
      OP8.JPG
      File size:
      176.5 KB
      Views:
    • OP10.JPG
      OP10.JPG
      File size:
      98.1 KB
      Views:
    • OP11.JPG
      OP11.JPG
      File size:
      205 KB
      Views:
  2. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome job! Good job on being courageous about tackling such a fragile and limited piece. You've got tons of detail on there. The gun is very cool! My own personal opinion is that there's a little too much silver battle damage (or whatever color you used) like on the head piece. To me it just looks like a little concentrated. Others may disagree and love it. I'd personally touch that up with a slight drybrush of a matching blue, just enough so that it looks like the blue was scraped off in the battle. The mud and grass stains are cool as well as all the dents and holes and broken pieces! Do you feel like doing this to the Sideshow version?? :) 

3. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

looks great man,love the gun

4. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

I can definitely appreciate the work you put into it as I had to put mine all back together again after China Customs destroyed it...But, that said..I think your damage is a bit TOO much. Too evenly put all over him so that it covers all of him. It's like you painted on the damage, but, his main structure is left intact. You kinda lose the effect when it's just all over the place then.

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I agree with the above post. It look's like he's been through hell and back and is half-way dead.
    Awesome work, but just over done.

6. compute146

compute146 Well-Known Member

just fantastic work, you;ve added your own stamp, and kudos to you for doing so, brilliant
    all the best
    colin

7. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    completely agree, it's almost like he has been put through a grinder rather than in a battle.. if you could paint back over some so that it's not so uniform then it would be much better

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Actually it looks just like when Optimus had received a good ass-whoop in ROTF, good job!

9. jclauterback

jclauterback Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sad face

10. Goji

Goji The Frenchiest Fry

dude battle damage? that looks more like exploded via nuclear bomb damage :)  anyway its really good looking

11. kohanson

kohanson New Member

I love the mud on the legs and the cannon.. Can i know where u purchase your cannon and what paint you used for the gold rods and battle damage?