Minor/Repaint: Battle Damaged Nemesis Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TonyzCustomz, Feb 28, 2009.

1. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Big props to TheTransTorture for showing e the ropes with the glass and basically starting this whole mess of destroying perfectly cool toys and just making them bada$$. Using my Hot Wax Pen(think soldering iron with adjustable heat settings and tips) I started strategically placing cuts and bullet holes scattered around him also using the pen to batter up the wheel wells to simulate mud and general offroadyness. Used Silver paint, Inks and some clay/rust/mud colored paint for all the details. This was a commission for a client and he specified that he wanted some sort of self repairs made by Nemesis himself in the fray of battle like sheet metal just riveted on over the damaged areas all the while keeping him fully transformable and poseable. Using a thin sheet of styrene I cut out some strips and painted them a bright silver to look like fresh plating, to get the rivet look I flipped over the styrene and used a auto pin punch on the lowest setting while firmly holding the styrene to my self healing mat so it wouldn't poke straight through it. Glued em on and just dry brushed some silver and ink in some more places and I was done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. SQ7 look at how many pictures there are. ;) 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  2. Crefigz

Crefigz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice effects on this piece ! Hope to see your ROTF line soon

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    ZMOG, YOU KITBASHED A EXCLUSIVE !!!!!

Now that, that is out of the way :lol 
    We can move on.

Very cool Tony.
    I really like the rust effect you gave him.

4. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks bro, Soon!
    I KNOW LOL The first scratch on the windshield nearly broke my heart. Thanks for the compliments.

5. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

dude that battle damage rocks the broken windsheil is awesome and the detail work astounding

6. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    No, not enough pictures. Superquad7 does not approve. :lol 

Awesome job. Any plans to torture any more vehicles that aren't commission?

7. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks a bunch, I borrowed TTT's method on the windshield, practiced on a clear CD case a few time before just to make sure I was ready to do it on him.

LOL He better approve. Or I'll call SuperSquad7 on him. :ev: 

Thanks bro. I cant say that I have something already to go but I can say that this custom was one of the funnest to make. I never wanted to stop doing little things here and there but had to remember that it isn't a Zombie custom. lol

8. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I usually don't dig battle damage unless TTT does it, but you've done this guy justice, man. What kind of paint did you use for the rust? Great work, man. :thumb 

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Brutal.

10. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks Bro! That's a hell of an honor to be compared to his battle damage. His stuff is killer. I used a even mix of Leather and beastly brown from Vallejo's Game Color line. You planning up something special? :p 

LOL Thanks bro!

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    He's uploaded 15 (and he sent me his gallery that had the same 15 images I uploaded), so SQ7 does approve. :poke 

I've dealt with supersquads enough now that having to fight him off is redundant and bothersome more than anything. He (they?) keep me pulling what hair I have out though, leaving me with pretty much nothing but my face in my palm.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    superquad7 hell. I approve! thank you bro. I would mention that 15 is the minimum, no one is stopping ya from doing more! :p 

13. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Battle damage looks good for Nemesis Prime. Great job, Tony. Also I've posted Swoop (my version) so just giving you heads up.

14. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Looks like you had fun with this custom. Well, besides the first shock of damaging a perfectly good tf. I love the way the mud came out. I've tried that before with sorry results. Also like the "repair" idea.

15. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah that battle damage is top notch on this. He been through hell and he still has a lot more trudging to go. The rust and mud effects are Sweet!!!

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Giving this custom a 3rd glance, I'll only say that the big gash on the grill bothers me a bit, and even though the cracked glass is well done, the physics seem to be off a bit.

Aside from that, I really think you've taken NP to the next level of coolness. Either that or I've been saturated with the sci-fi movies with robots so much. Probably both, but man, that closeup head shot of NP is so epic-Terminatorish it can't be uncool. Again, great work (and thanks for the gallery submission; it's uploaded :thumb )

17. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

how'd ypu get that mud affect on him? awsome work as usual!

18. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :D  LOL
    Cool and thank you. 15 was hell for me, no more no less for him. I really think a better minimum would be 10. Just saying though....
    Thanks bro, I will have to check him out later, thanks.
    Yes, I loved it, I was a bit taken back at first being that it is an exclusive and a nice one at that. With mud just try to be messy and use a wide brush, takes no time at all and the messier the better depending on what your going for.
    Thanks bro!
    I'm no physicist thats for sure. lol Some things don't translate from bot mode to alt as well as I like though so I feel ya. Thanks for uploading it, I cant find my name on the side thing yet, is that the best way to search for stuff?
    I used a wide flat brush and just went to town to be honest. Diluted it a tiny bit with water so it stayed a bit transparent where I didn't lay it on thick. Thanks a bunch for the compliment.

19. in.cog.nito

in.cog.nito Bulkhead

i like the idea of the shots taken, but i think you over did it with the cuts, like one on each leg and his front and the grill, should have been like one across the arm for a defensive wound and one across the chest across a window

the bullet marks, and the window shots are epic, although every little window didn't need to be shot out.

altogether a good reworking i think.

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I actually wanted to see more photos when I was uploading your gallery. Aside from non-transforming customs, getting 15 really good shots is easy. Keep in mind, you're showing someone a 3-D piece of art via a 2-D plane. When I look at a 3-D piece, I want to be able to view it as closely as I can in three dimensions. Front shot; 3/4ths front; side; 3/4ths rear; rear; 3/4ths rear; side; 3/4ths front and a top shot takes me around the vehicle very well. In robot mode, a good front shot and back shot is bare minimum. Then make some really cool poses! Some close-ups! Just from the counted shots, that's 11 photos already. :wink: 

When a new artist's gallery is uploaded, it takes 24 hours for our gallery system to refresh. Once it's refreshed, there you are! :)