Battle Damage box set...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by webz, Jul 7, 2008.

1. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I was wondering if it's possible to remove the "battle damage" sludge from the Optimus Prime and Megatron figures?

I love the small size of Prime & disc, but the crappy looking "damage" irks me.

I know rubbing alcohol can remove paint on toys, but I don't want to ruin $20 on a toy, if I can avoid it.

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I think the problem you're going to have is that the battle damage, in many instances, is IN PLACE OF other paint details. For example, there's some battle damage on Prime's chest, but that's a transparent piece of plastic and the battle damage is over part of the roof, so even if you were super-careful and removed all that without touching any of the other paint, you'd still have part of Prime's roof be transparent without any paint.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Some of the battle damage is actually painted on, meaning that you'll have to do some paint reworking. While not impossible, it will prove to be a bit of work from a repaint/kitbash perspective.

4. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I was afraid of that. Have no intrest in making a mission of it all... so much for a simple solution.
    Voyager prime is too big, and Cybertron prime looks lame.

Hopefully they make an Activator Prime.

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'd say just wait a bit. I'd suspect that both figures may see a repainted version and sold individually. I wouldn't mind a single-pack Optimus Prime, in G1 style.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I bought the set with the intention of doing this myself, but after reading some of the kitbashers explanations about it... I quickly realized that it was more of an undertaking than it was worth. Honestly though... I still rather like both figures and the battle damage doesn't detract from the overall figure like the original online pictures lead me to believe.

7. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Er... they are. He's due out in Wave 2.

8. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    I just want that ax from the two pack to see if it works for Voyager Prime.

Voyager Prime's ax is teh not goods.

Thank you, that is all.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Removing Megatrons Battle Damage was surprisingly simple. Took about 15 minutes at most, including sitting down and doing it; I used a Nail Polish remover and the paint came right off. However, I didn't do anything about his foot yet, I'm debating about recoloring the feet, or just leaving it there as a "battle scar" kind of thing.

As for Prime, his is obviously much more difficult, however I chose not to do anything with it; I rather liked the worn look. Looking at pictures, though, he does seem like the best Prime figure, so for those who really care, I do hope Hasbro will single card release him without battle damage.