Battle Convoy question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KYQ, Apr 12, 2006.

1. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

Heya all, I just got my Battle Convoy in the mail today and he's way nicer than expected (as he had to stack up to my Black Convoy, like what all of us did :D )!

One thing though, he doesn't seem to be able to turn his waist! I've tried as hard as I can without risking breakage, but it won't budge. Is it just mine, or is this the price of regaining his electronics?

2. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm, I didnt know his waist did rotate. Ill go check mine and get back to you.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    My G2 original, and CR Black Convoy both have fine waists. the only joint that's restricted by the electronics is the right elbow. they dont go anywhere near the waist.

If it wasnt for the stickers on his chest being in the way, I'd say to open him up and check things out.

4. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

Well, whaddaya know. It does rotate! :D  Thanks a lot, guess it was just majorly stuck.

5. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, I just checked that, and he does rotate, but it took a bit of force. I got a coment of my own, I just applied the stickers, and the ones on the outside of the trailer(The say Optimus Prime on them) are a pain in the butt to apply. It took me 15 minutes each to apply them, and one of them even ripped, oh well.

6. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

Yeah I never liked applying stickers myself, and I never liked nearly all of the original G2 Laser prime's stickers either. So my Battle Convoy is staying as he is, out of the box (with exception of his license plate sticker that I did apply). Still is a nice figure though, and definitely holds his own next to Black Convoy! :D 

7. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The biggist issue that I can tell is the air rocket launcher's turrent. It is turned the wrong way and do to remolding it can't be turned the right way. So if ya leave a rocket on it when you close the launcher to transform it from base, the nosecone of the rocket will be bent.

There is a way to fix it which involves taking the tower off the bottom/backend and cutting down the plastic tabs that are behind the hinge for the plate the rocket launcher is attached too.

8. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

The original has that problem too. What I do is just stick the missile to the side of the launcher. There's enough room so that you can close the trailer without bending the nosecone.