Battle Blade BB leg issue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by autobotguy, Jul 1, 2010.

1. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

Hey there folks. I got Battle Blade BumbleBee (B4?) and the legs don't seem to transform correctly into car mode. The rear wheels don't end out centered in the wheel well and end out rubbing against the rear bumper.

Pictures...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this a general issue with this toy, or and I just doing something wrong? BTW...I love how the yellow paint apps around the knees scratch off easily when transforming. :p 

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, that seems to be normal. Mine doesnt actually touch the yellow plastic though.

knees are unscratched on mine too.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i dotn know ahas i dotn have the fig yet, but i have kinda the same problem with cannon bee

4. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

Try loosening the screws and fiddle with the gears until the leg transforms smoothly. It can be a royal pain to reset them just right, but unless you want to return the figure, that's the best way.

5. autobotguy

Well I opened up the leg as you suggested and it appears that the gearing was off by 1 tooth! If you have a similar problem as mine where the rear tire rubs the bumper, open up the leg and tilt the bumper section up 1 tooth on the gear and re-assemble. The tire will now sit in the correct position in car mode. :) 

While I had B4's legs apart I went ahead and applied a little super-glue to the leg ball joints since mine were a little floppy.

Now I just need some black and yellow acrylics to take care of some detailing along a little clear. :) 

6. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

Nope...mines fine..actually the best put together movie BB I've had yet somehow..

7. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Mine is the same, to the extent that the wheel actually grinds on the inside of the wheel wells. I tried taking his leg apart last night but didn't go to the extent of ripping out and realigning gears ... maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow.

8. autobotguy

The inner calf portion is actually riveted to the outside, so just pull it out slightly and it will allow the gears to move a little. Don't try to spin the smaller middle gear, just move the trunk up or down to adjust wheel position. Lifting the bumper up a will move the wheel more to the center in car mode, and move the bumper down to push the wheel more towards the rear of the car mode. :) 

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Are you supposed to be able to close the back hatch in robot mode on preview Bumblebee or NEST Alliance Bumblebee neither of the ones I have allow the hatch to shut like on the 2007 versions - I think the spoilers getting in the way - but it could be dodgy gear allignment I supposed.

The back wheels sit a little high too like the legs are not properly folding away _ they sit much higher inthe wheel wells than Cliffjumper, Stealth Bumblebee, Cinema Scene BB, Battle Damaged BB or others with the old body design.. it's just these ones that look jacked up at the back.