Battle Beast.....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BScorpinok75, Sep 11, 2011.

1. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    O.K. so I believe I either read or heard somewere that the Battle Beast made an appearance in the G1 cartoons. My questions are basically if they did in fact make an appearance which episode(s) did they appear in? Which Battle Beast appeared in the episode(s)? Did they choose allegiances? Also, did any Battle Beast make appearances in the G1 comics?

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's correct, yes. The Battle Beasts - or Beastformers, as they're called in Japan - appeared the Japanese-exclusive series, The Headmasters. The Decepticons attack their home planet, Beast, and several of the Beastformers side with them to conquer the planet, enslaving many of the other natives. Some of them evade capture and manage to make contact with the Autobots, who come to the planet and join the fight to send the Decepticons packing. This all happens in the Headmasters episode "Rebellion on Planet Beast", which is the only episode that any recognisable characters from the Battle Beasts toyline appear in. Some generic Beastformers appear in a few later episodes, most prominently "Find MegaZarak's Weak Spot!!".

The Battle Beasts didn't make any appearances in the original G1 Marvel comics, but they did cameo in Dreamwave's Summer Special, and in the fourth Devil's Due G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover, "Black Horizon". They had a much fuller role in the one-shot special Headmasters manga, "Great Decisive Battle of Beast Planet", which followed on from the cartoon episode.

3. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    :thumbs2:  Thanks Chris! The links provided me with all that I needed to know.

4. wyze2099

wyze2099 Well-Known Member

Ah, Battle Beasts. I liked that line as a kid. I'd honestly want to see Hasbro bring it back as a series on The Hub or as a movie. If for no other reason that there are properties Hasbro could exploit rather than Battleship of all things.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I loved seeing them appear as Unicron's immune system, battling Cosmos and Flint. Those DD crossovers had fantastic fan service!

6. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I only have one, The frilled lizard guy, and I got him at Goodwill. Had I know when I was a kid that they were part of Transformers, I would have asked my parents to get me some.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hear you dude. When I was a kid I just thought they were another company's toys that ripped off the rubsign concept!

8. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Not sure how that would go... would be nice but

9. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Same here. I also thought it was a rip off of M.U.S.C.L.E M.U.S.C.L.E. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

how I thought it was a rip off is beyond me.