Batteries

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Depthcharge, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys,

This may be more a matter of opinion but where does everyone stand as far as the batteries that come in there collectible toys. I'm personally referring to my Transformers but this could go for anything really. For those of us with big collections do you leave the batteries in them and risk damage from corrosion over time or take the batteries out to be safe? I know it takes a long time for corrision damage to occur, I've seen it on G1 era toys, but its kind of a question of, when should I take the batteries out? How long is too long?

-DC

2. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

I think the watch size batteries should be the only ones used on toys.

3. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

I don't know. I can never find the battery cover.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I don't like the sounds that usually come with batteries, so out they come.

I don't mind the lights, but I don't think the whole house and our neighbors need to know when I'm fiddling with my larger TFs.

Plus, I don't have to deal with the possibility of corrosion down the road if I take them out as I get them.

5. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

misb people are pissed about batteries cuz then they HAVE to open them so that battery acid doesn't leak all over the battery compartment. haha, that just says you shouldn't keep your toys trapped!

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I always take them out when I get a TF that has them. I might activate the sounds and lights once or twice when I first get them, but beyond that I don't, as I don't really like them at all. Even if I did I wouldn't keep the batteries in there for too long.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I used to immediately take out the batteries in any TF I got, but lately since they've been putting the old skool TF sound on them my inner geewunner gets giddy and leaves them in. I can live with the crappy SFX in the Classics Ultras since on mine they dont go off if a slight breeze hits them, like everything from Armada and Energon did.

8. newguy

newguy i

Well i only have 2 figures that i dont like some noises. Im fine with movie megs and ops but i had to take out devistators because i didn't want to wake my dad up if i was transforming him or havin him kill bumblebee. classic Onslaughtsw car noise was just plain stupid but i found out that it doesnt activate on carpet like mine so no one can here him when he runs over landmine. But if its one a floor that does activate his motor sound then i just... well ill have to make a vid to explain it

9. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    As long as the lights and sounds don't ruin the quality of the toy, I actually am curious upon how they sound and blink up. Considering most of the figures I have are exceptions to this matter.

10. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I love sounds in my TFs.

I love Animated Megatron's soundchip for instance. It rules.

My brother hates it when I get a figure with sound though :D 

11. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Oh hell yeah... and don't forget Cybertron Wing Saber's sounds, I going out to hunt down an Animated Leader Megs.

12. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I have a G1 Shockwave that I got at Botcon 99 that still has the battery it came with when I bought it.

13. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On modern stuff I usually leave batteries in... my RID Prime and Magnus, bought as a kid when they were released, still have the same set of batteries, and they're in storage... I left Ani Megs's batteries in as well... on vintage stuff I like to make electronic functions work, but take the batteries out once a toy is going into storage... case in point my Galvatron and Shackwave had batteries in them after I fixed their electronics, but I took the batteries out when I went to college... the Dai Atlas I just got and restored has batteries in it, but I'll take them out before I go back to school in a few weeks (unless I take him with me :D  )

14. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

I had some 9V that had a expiration date of 2006 or so, and they were all busted. Didn't realize that there were 6 cells inside (but I guess that makes sense if each was 1.5v).

Old AA, C, D had some leaks also...

YMMV... but I'm not taking a chance with mine.