Batman Superman Adventures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChickenWing, Apr 4, 2006.

1. ChickenWing

ChickenWing Well-Known Member

Does anybody know when we will see episodes of The Batman Superman Adventures on DVD? When I look online for episode guides they are always blended in with the last season of Batman and with the Superman series. Well on Batman season four DVD's none of these episodes were included. Does WB plan on releasing these seperatly or possibly work them into the Superman DVD sets? I'd really hate to see these get 'lost' because no one knows where to put them. Hell they should have just included them into both series' DVD releases.

2. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Um.... IF I understand what you're asking correctly, the Batman Volume Four (or Season 4) DVD set contains the Batman episodes that originally aired as part of "The New Batman Superman Adventures"... if you're asking about the ones where Batman and Superman teamed up/were in the same episode, those were technically "Superman" episodes, and the three parter "World's Finest" is available now in Superman Volume 2, and I believe the one where Superman pretends to be Batman and teams up with Tim Drake-Robin will be in Superman Volume 3 (coming out in June I believe.)

- L -

3. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

The three part "World's Finest" Superman trilogy is also available as "The Superman-Batman Movie" (or "The Batman-Superman Movie", either or).

4. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Don't forget the second to last episode of superman where bats/supes fight ras al ghul. Yes, the batman/superman adventures are split between batman and superman episodes and put in their respective sets. In fact supes volume 2 if you click play all on a disc it gives you the option of batman/supes opening credits or regular supes one.

5. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Bats Volume 4 has the same thing! :thumb 

And I wondered if there was another "team up" episode, don't think I ever saw the Ra's one.

I've been buying the Batman ones as they've come out (and Batman Beyond :rock  ), and as soon as I have some extra money lying around I'm gonna start getting the Supes ones.

- L -

6. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Actually, I (coincidentally) picked up Superman Vol 1 today as I was looking for it for the last while and finally found it (didn't pick it up when it came out, and have lately only been able to find Vol 2).

ALL of the Superman/Batman crossovers from "The Batman/Superman Adventures" took place as part of the Superman series (With the exception being "Girls Night Out" featuring Supergirl and Livewire from the Superman series, which is part of the "New Batman Adventures"). Therefore, all the crossover episodes, save for "Girls Night Out" are on the Superman volumes. "Girls Night Out" is on the fourth Batman volume.

Now... if they'd put out a volume of the Static Shock show with just the Batman/Superman/Justice League/Batman Beyond crossovers (and that episode of Zeta Project that featured Batman Beyond). I dislike Static Shock overall, but 7 episodes crossover into the DCAU. I'd like just those episodes and no more.

7. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I stayed away from static shock, only seen a ep or two. Is the crossover eps any good? I did like where static appeared grew up on the jla ep "the once and future thing".

8. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

Never knew Batman was in Static Shock.

More of the crossover episodes should be out in June on Superday when they have a mass release of Superman boxsets.

Still some great episodes in volume 4: "Legends of the Dark Knight" was a great homage and frankly I'm surprised they got away with "Over the Edge" considering the content and visuals.

9. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now... if they'd put out a volume of the Static Shock show with just the Batman/Superman/Justice League/Batman Beyond crossovers (and that episode of Zeta Project that featured Batman Beyond). I dislike Static Shock overall, but 7 episodes crossover into the DCAU. I'd like just those episodes and no more.

Preach on. I would love to have the crossover episodes of Static Shock. I would even be willing to buy the entire series just for the crossover episodes.