Batman Files

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Batman, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone else have this book?

Amazon.com: The Batman Files (9781449408220): Matthew Manning: Books

I picked it up the other day and it is pretty bad ass. It is super huge and heavy as hell. There is a paper cover that comes off when you remove the plastic wrapping and the actual book cover is like a faux leather. It closes via a magnet and the little bat symbol is made of metal.

The book is a huge file created by Batman telling his story and is full of information on his villains, allies, gadgets, techniques etc. The purpose of the file is to help his successor (who he presumes will be Robin) fight crime in Gotham in case of his death or disappearance.

It is a really neat book and pretty cool concept. It is definitely worth checking out if you are a Batman fan and have the cash.

2. ABH1979

ABH1979 Anonymous Bucket Head Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Hmm, I had thought about picking this up, when it first came out, but then didn't for whatever reason.

I can tell you're a big Batman fan, "Batman," so let me ask you, do you feel it added anything to your knowledge of the character and his rogues?

I get that's it's written by Batman for his successor, I just don't want to buy it if it more or less covers information I may already know or already have in different book.

3. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

He is a huge Batman fan. I bet he's got his own Batmobile.

4. ABH1979

ABH1979 Anonymous Bucket Head Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Well so do I. I mean, it's more of a Bat-coupe, but close enough. :thumbs2: 

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't had a chance to read it all yet, but it does seem pretty comprehensive. It has a ton of art (there is new art as well as stuff taken from comics). There are family photos, sketches, schematics, files on characters etc. While something like the Batman Encyclopedia is packed full of information, this is not necessarily the intent of the book, it gives the reader the chance to read something from Batman's perspective. It is really unique.

:lol 

Everyone knows that Justin Bieber has the real Batmobile.

Justin Bieber's Batmobile Cadillac at SEMA 2011 - YouTube

6. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Wow, I didn't think I would see another reason to be jealous of him. I always thought it was Ben Novak Jr. who had the Batmobile, or maybe his relatives now that he's dead.