Batman Cacophany

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Darkravager, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Did anyone get this yesterday? I briefly flipped through it in the shop and picked it up because it had Deadshot and Joker in it. I have a pretty mixed opinion of it.

On the one hand, it has an interesting story. The idea of the designer drug based on the Joker toxin is pretty imaginative. Also, the new villian, who I can only assume is named Cacophany, has potential.

On the other hand, I really didn't care for Joker's many homosexual references that brought nothing to the story and seemed very contrived and artificial. Also, the constant name dropping got to be pretty obnoxious. It's like Kevin Smith wanted us to know that he knows who is in Batman's Rogues Gallery. Thirdly, I was really uncomfortable with Batman thinking to himself about wanting to kill Zsasz. That's just not the point of Batman.

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haven't read it all the way through but I saw some pages- I think the new villain you're thinking of is Onomatopoeia. He actually appeared back in Smith's Green Arrow run. :D 

3. DiamondHead

DiamondHead HUH?

News Credits:
    I agree this is very out of character for Batman,and I found it strange as well.More in character for All Star Batman cause that guy is trippin balls.

4. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Ahhh. Thanks for that. I had never seen this villian before, so I figured he was going to be the focus of the story.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well, i can't read comics these days, but this is good news. got a girl that is hot for all Kevin Smith Stuff and honestly, a villain with a name that cool just is that.
    like Rorschach...that name speaks volumes to me.

but i may get a friend to read it to me when i get a copy for my friend.

6. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

It's Kevin Smith, so I'm going to at least read it in store. I've loved just about everything he's done. The critizims I read are probably warrented, but I'll at least give the book a chance.